Tell me this won't be a problem (with our reservation)

pinkivy

SkeeeWeee!
I called DW to make reservations for our trip in June 2008. I was told the deposit was due on August 27 (next Monday). I also went to the website and printed out the reservation, which also stated that the deposit was due by August 27. I mailed a check on yesterday for the $200 deposit and then some. I referenced the reservation # on my check. I also included a copy of the printout with the check. Well...I call today to check on possibly switching resorts and I was told that my original reservation was cancelled because the deposit hadn't been received in time. I told the lady that I was told at the time of booking (and per the info I printed from the DW website), that the deposit was not due until August 27. Long story short, I had to re-book the entire trip. My question is will my deposit (for the cancelled reservation) automatically be applied to the new reservation? Will they know to look for the other reservation using my name?
The lady suggested I put another deposit down for the new reservation but I declined because I just did not feel comfortable doing that. She said worst case scenario is that they would just send my deposit check back.

Which is why I use credit cards for all of that. You can always dispute a charge, but it's much harder to try and get "cash" back...keeping fingers crossed all works out for you.

I've actually just had this happen. I booked 2 rooms at POR and the deposit was placed on the wrong room. Then, the Sept./Oct. codes came out so I rebooked with the discount. Call them back, give them the original reservation number and the new one, and they should apply the deposit to the new one. That's how it worked for me, they just moved it from one reservation number to the other.

I would assume that if they received a check for your deposit and the reservation had already cancelled they would have simply returned your check or reinstated your reservation which you say they did not as you made a new one. It seems to me that you need to deposit the New reservation and cancel the check on the first one if you like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter