Tell me the truth....what do the crew really think?

dAnconia

Earning My Ears
If I put magnets on my door and take part in the FE and other dis stuff....what will the crew really think? Will our stateroom host be rolling his eyes and thinking "not another one"?

If I put magnets on my door and take part in the FE and other dis stuff....what will the crew really think? Will our stateroom host be rolling his eyes and thinking "not another one"?

Why would they even care?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I've had CMs ask me what number cruise I'm on.

I am not worried or concerned. Just curious. An acquaintance today who works at a children's clothing store was talking about all of the crazy "chat board fans" who come into her store. She was sharing that they know more about the clothes than she does and what not and that most of the employees make fun of them after they leave. It just made me think about the Dis since most here could be considered "super fans". I was curious if the CMs have a similar view as she and her colleagues.

I am not worried or concerned. Just curious. An acquaintance today who works at a children's clothing store was talking about all of the crazy "chat board fans" who come into her store. She was sharing that they know more about the clothes than she does and what not and that most of the employees make fun of them after they leave. It just made me think about the Dis since most here could be considered "super fans". I was curious if the CMs have a similar view as she and her colleagues.

I don't spend time worrying about what people think about my Disney fandom. I doubt the crew care. There were 2 ladies who had prepared each outfit to match Mickey and Minnie each day. The handlers and characters asked to see their photos everyday. They seem to enjoy the enthusiasm.

Most are probably too busy to care, but I bet if you're considerate rather than "entitled," they'll enjoy your excitement (or at least play along).

It's the "I paid a lot of money, you owe me extra special treatment" types that probably get talked about, mainly because they're rude and after all, everyone on a DCL cruise paid a lot of money to be there. They're not special, other than in the bad behavior way. Crew notices that. ;)

My daughter is a CM on the Magic and was very excited to take part in the FE when we did a cruise last year :goodvibes

We had such an active FE group on our recent Fantasy cruise, our Stateroom Host kept commenting that he had never seen so many people coming and going in that section of the ship! We were all the way forward on deck 10, not much traffic. He even offered to empty it out for us during the day if he noticed that it was too full, which for a couple of days it was. He seemed to enjoy seeing how many gifts we were getting.

My host noticed that my FE had several trading pins on it, and he gave me one to add to it. He was by far the nicest one we've had.

Nancy

I personally think they see WAY weirder stuff than FE's and door magnets. Like people with those life-like dolls who drop them off for babysitting in the nursery. Or adults who demand their Duffy bear get a seat at the table, and food too. Or families who leave their staterooms in such a gross mess that the haz-mat team has to come in. (Moldy fruit under the bed anyone?)

Disney WANTS fanatics- they specialize in the wants rather than the needs! Its good business for them if you become obsessed :) That's why they have Platinum cruisers!

I would be one of those "chat board fans" who know more about the clothes/lines than a lot of the employees. I could care less if they make fun of me when I leave. It's people like me than help them keep their job! LOL!

My brother met some CM's in a Hot Tub late one night(must be entertainment or children's staff, I think) anyway, he asked if there were any 'wild and crazy stories" but he said he got the idea that many of the CMs are Disney 'Freaks'(his word not mine) just like us DIS people. I would hang your magnets with pride! pirate:

I personally think they see WAY weirder stuff than FE's and door magnets. Like people with those life-like dolls who drop them off for babysitting in the nursery. Or adults who demand their Duffy bear get a seat at the table, and food too. Or families who leave their staterooms in such a gross mess that the haz-mat team has to come in. (Moldy fruit under the bed anyone?)

Disney WANTS fanatics- they specialize in the wants rather than the needs! Its good business for them if you become obsessed :) That's why they have Platinum cruisers!

I was just getting ready to post almost exactly what you posted!

My stateroom hosts have always loved it! Mine told me we are always the nicest passengers because we have sailed previously and they like DISrs!

We bring candy and gifts for the CMs and they know it!

Trust me, you will be welcomed with loving arms from the CMs - the crew are what set Disney apart from other lines! They are so sweet to everyone! My daughter just loves being called princess everywhere and called by her name by day two of the cruise.

The stuff on doors is fun, it really is, and most people love it - just make sure you personalize every piece because people "love" it a little too much and commandeer it too.

I am a limited door decoration person - just enough to tell my door apart from others. It's such a part of cruising for us and it's actually very very helpful.

FE's are the same - people are always very jealous of the activity and wonder what group we are with that we have so many friends cruising too!

Never a bad word is ever said.

We used to have identification on at all times that really made DISrs stand apart - green wrist bands in prior cruises - and people really noticed and they always talked to us about it.

If Duffy sits at the table Duffy needs to pay a cruise fare :lmao:

Well, "the crew" is not the borg. They don't all think the same thing. Some probably laugh, some shake their head, some smile. Kind of like the other passengers. Do what you like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter