Tell me the truth about Crocs!

Crocs in any style are much better than the knock offs
I wear mine w/o socks and never sweat, never had a blister and feet never hurt and the end of a Disney day.

if you go to crocs.com and look at the outlet section there are a few good deals.

Also at sierratradingpost.com you might like these water sneakers they are comfortable too.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,1254G_Salomon-Karma-Water-Shoes-For-Women.html

Sue:goodvibes

I don't like the feel of nubs on the bottom of my feet. I wore my new pair of Croc's to the mall and came home with a blister. My feet blister easily. My crocs won't be making the trip to the World.

paw:paw:paw:paw:paw:paw:paw:paw:

I need arch and lateral support as well as super roll stability. Crocs are awful for me!!! I have a pair at home for running to the mailbox, but I won't wear them longer than that. I wore them grocery shopping and got horrible blisters. My feet get hot and slimey and slide around in them.

AND I think they're ugly.

Crocs in any style are much better than the knock offs

Actually, I beg to differ. My son told me he liked his WalMart ones better than the ones I got him this year. He says these ones make his feet sweat - some of that may just be the newness.

If you decide to go knockoff - just be sure to look INSIDE the shoe - if there's a button thing on the inside, find a different pair. My friend's son got an awful blister that looked like a cigarette burn from that button thing. And honestly about the only ones I've found that don't have that button are the WalMart ones.

I like the look of the Malinidi's, they kind of remind me of a nicer looking "jelly" shoe I used to wear as a child. Maybe Crocs are the "Jellies" of today!!

I LOVE jellies, I actually have 3 pair, Target sells them. I'm a child of the 80s so for them to bring back the jellies, I was in 7th heaven. Thought I don't think I would wear them(jellies) to the parks. As for the Crocs I was worried about the way they looked on my feet, I think the Mary-Janes make my feet look fat/wide, and I am already a size 9 so I don't need a shoe adding to it. The Malinidi's and Olivias do give that look to your feet, see if your local mall has a kisok that sells crocs so you can see them in person. best of luck. :thumbsup2

I know people swear by them, but I just can't imagine doing WDW in Crocs. :scared1:

I have a pair solely for gardening because they are easy to clean. My feet get sweaty and hot, and they rub blisters on the tops of my feet just wearing them around the yard for several hours. No way would I be caught dead wearing socks with them either. I think if I attempted to wear these around WDW, it would ruin my feet (thus my trip).

I'll stick with my Teva sandals and New Balance runners!

I love my Cleo Crocs (open sandals with one strap near your toes and another strap further back). I have high arches and find that they provide great support. I don't find the regular style Crocs to be comfortable at all, so I would suggest anyone thinking of ordering a pair try on a few different styles first.

Good luck,
Jen

My DH is so anti-crocs is hilarious. However, I bought him the flip flop style and he loves them! Wore them all through Disney every single day on our honeymoon.

For me, I couldn't seem to find a pair that I liked, so I ended up buying white slip on Sketchers that have breathable material on the sides. I lived in them not only at Disney, but all summer long. Here is a link to the shoes I bought:

http://www.skechers.com/shoes-and-clothing/styles/casual_shoes/product/bikers_-_aspire/wht//q/white

Very dry and happy feet all vacation long! Not one blister, not one discomfort of any sort.

I also went on a week-long cruise before Disney and wore these hiking through the rainforest in Belize, in the water during cavetubing, shopping in the Bahamas, scuba diving in Honduras... these bad boys are versatile!

Well here is something that will definitely prove their worth...

Last year my fiance wanted a pair very badly. He and I actually had a fight over it...

Well...I recently gave in and am going to surprise him for our up comming trip howeevr..

I ordered a pair for myself, just so i can say to him "HAHA they do stink"

But... I can't. They are wonderful. I dont care how ugly they are... They are amazing!

And if you use the code lookbook07 (i think) you can get free shipping!

My DH is so anti-crocs is hilarious. However, I bought him the flip flop style and he loves them! Wore them all through Disney every single day on our honeymoon.

For me, I couldn't seem to find a pair that I liked, so I ended up buying white slip on Sketchers that have breathable material on the sides. I lived in them not only at Disney, but all summer long. Here is a link to the shoes I bought:

http://www.skechers.com/shoes-and-clothing/styles/casual_shoes/product/bikers_-_aspire/wht//q/white

Very dry and happy feet all vacation long! Not one blister, not one discomfort of any sort.

I also went on a week-long cruise before Disney and wore these hiking through the rainforest in Belize, in the water during cavetubing, shopping in the Bahamas, scuba diving in Honduras... these bad boys are versatile!

Oh, I like those, too!! Looks like I need to plan a shoe shopping trip!!

Well here is something that will definitely prove their worth...

Last year my fiance wanted a pair very badly. He and I actually had a fight over it...

Well...I recently gave in and am going to surprise him for our up comming trip howeevr..

I ordered a pair for myself, just so i can say to him "HAHA they do stink"

But... I can't. They are wonderful. I dont care how ugly they are... They are amazing!

And if you use the code lookbook07 (i think) you can get free shipping!

That sounds like something I would do! I would want to prove him wrong so badly! :rotfl:

Count me in as another Crocs lover....for the comfort, not their beauty.

Yes, they are ugly. Very ugly, IMHO :sick:. That said, on our January trip, I bought a Mickey pair at World of Disney, and quickly developed a real fondness for them. :lovestruc They're ugly in a loveable kinda way. :)

That said, I would rather have homely, happy feet than hot, sweaty, smelly or uncomfortable tootsies.

I don't find mine make me sweaty at all. And if your feet do get wet (ie on one of the water rides), they dry quickly. :thumbsup2

When considering comfort above all else, my Crocs win hands down.

We are another croc family. DD and I have done Disney the last 3 years in regular crocs and croc sandals. Some of DD off brand do make her feet sweat. DH was the last on board but loves his sandals. If you are going to try them make sure to do so before Disney.

I wore the maryjane Crocs on the first day of my trip to WDW last June and my feet were a sweaty mess. I went back to my Tevas immediately. They offer better support and my feet are much cooler. Also, the Tevas offer better traction if the pavement is wet. I wear the regular Crocs at home to work in the yard because I can just hose them off but I don't wear them in public because it looks like my feet grew about a foot. Also, I'm a big fan of having a pedicure before any trip to WDW so having open sandals are a plus.

Crocs Athens flip flops are all I wear in the summer and to every trip to Disney. No blisters, not even the first day I wore them, or between the toes (these are the all rubber ones, not the Capri flip flops with fabric straps.) I have Mary Janes that I love, too, but haven't tried them in Disney yet. My dd7 also wore her Athens and her Mickey crocs and no blisters. No sweaty feet for any of us! DH has even jumped on the bandwagon and wears Crocs and also Payless Airwalks. The Airwalks used to be MORE comfortable than the beach style crocs, but they changed the thickness of the sole and made them more narrow now.

I'll never understand the panic over the aesthetics of crocs. I've never seen a pair of flipflops or sneakers that struck me as fashionable, and we're talking about a day at an amusement park here...not a runway, not a wedding. What on earth is the big deal?

Now crocs with SOCKS, I can understand a bit of the fuss over; all sandals, no matter what kind, look ridiculous with socks and aren't meant to be worn that way. But some of us are ready and willing to commit a dreaded fashion faux pas when it comes to our own comfort and enjoyment!

I wear nothing but crocs, WITH socks, to WDW. I'm in my 20s, I'm not some backwoods monster, and I dress reasonably nicely normally. But fashion is the last thing on my mind at the parks! When I've got my crocs on and my DBF and family have sneakers, I am ALWAYS the one whose feet don't hurt a BIT at the end of a long day. I've also never gotten a blister, and one day when we got caught in a downpour at Epcot, I was the only one whose shoes were dry within an hour (their sneakers took days!).

I know that there are some folks who don't find crocs to be comfortable, so I don't think they are THE comfortable footwear choice for everyone. But I urge you to try out various options until you find what works for you, and put your comfort ahead of aesthetics!!

I like my Crocs for Disney and they are the only shoes I need there. My feet don't sweat in them, but they do turn my toe nails to the color of the croc, which is temporary and washes right off. Be careful if the ground is wet because when the bottoms wear down, they are very slippery on certain surfaces around Disney.

Do they make your feet sweat in August? :lmao: Being in Central Florida in August will make your feet sweat. But Crocs rock, they will actually dry out. I wear them year round to Disney. I may start off the day with footie socks on, in the winter I'll keep them on, but when it's warmer I may pull them off later or if there is a threat of rain, Splash Mountain, Kali River, etc, I'll pull off the socks and just get wet. Flip em off during lunch, Soarin, Mickey's Philharmagic, etc and they'll dry right out quicker than any tennis shoe or sweat strap on a pair of sandals.

As with ANY shoe you wear to Disney, do not take brand new ones. Always wear them as much as possible, and not eating Cheetos on the couch either, get out and walk in them. You don't want to be on the back of the lake in EPCOT when you decide your shoes hurt, break them in first and make sure you can walk and stand in them all day.

Have fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter