Tell me it's worth it

salamander3

Mouseketeer
Please, someone just remind me that it's worth it. I'm ready to cancel the whole thing. My DH does not like Disney. At all. I worked for months trying to get him to agree to this, and he finally gave in to do 3 days at the parks while we're visiting his dad. But...

My LO is obsessed with princesses. Especially Frozen (I know, shocking). We are going in September, missing the Frozen celebration. I just tried for FPs and of course, nothing.

We were able to get an ADR for CRT, but it's at 9:15 PM. If you've ever met a normal 3 year old, you know 9:15 is not a good time for anything other than wrangling them into bed. I hate to say it, but I think I'm going to have to just give it up. I've been stalking for an earlier time, but I have forced myself to step away. It's almost like an addiction. I want this trip to be perfect, it might be my only chance to take her if DH has anything to do with it.

And that leads me to giving up on the whole trip. Why am I spending thousands to not get to do what she would love the most? We are doing 1 day in AK (DH insisted), 1 day at MK and 1 day at HS. Thousands of dollars. If I'm going to spend 3 hours in line to see A&E, WHY. Why am I spending the money. Why am I stressing about everything. She isn't tall enough to do a lot of the rides. We could do a week at the beach and save a ton of money.

I realize I'm on a board with fellow Disney fanatics, but really. If you can't do what you really want to do while you are there, why bother going? Am I crazy?

I'm sorry. Maybe if you keep checking something will open up? September is still aways away....Has your daughter ever been to Disney? I'm sure she will love every minute of it...keep the faith :)

:cheer2: pixiedust:

With the new Anna & Ellsa procedure it looks like your wait time will decrease even without a fast pass. Also, keep trying for an earlier CRT you never know. Is she into the Disney Junior characters? If so, did you try for a Hollywood & Vine reservation? It has Jake, Sophia and Doc.

that is really disappointing. 915pm is just not going to work for a 3 year old. I don't really think this is how you want to plan out your vacation but I will say that we showed up for our 8 something crt reservation in june and I was in the worst mood ever. Just had a rough day, 5 year old was in a horrible mood and didn't want to do anything and I asked at about 7 if they could fit us in early and they were able to. I'm also one to say keep trying until you get what you want. people cancel dining and change it up all the time. there is also 1900 park fare or akershus in epcot for princess dining.

the same with fastpass+. keep monitoring it.

I hear you, its not ideal and if this is just too much for you then maybe you should cancel. I hate to say that but I would understand why you'd want to.

She has, but she doesn't remember. I talked him in to going for a day when she was 19 months. That was when he decided he could never go back and live a happy life. She's 3 now, which is just perfect for the magic. This is the kid who sucks in her breath and says "I've been in that castle" when she sees it on TV. She doesn't remember, we've told her she's been there.

DH and I are opposites in a lot of ways. He's impatient. He would rather leave a restaurant and get fast food than wait more than 15 minutes for a table. We are opposites when it comes to travel, like Green Acres opposites. Give him a campsite and water, he's happy. Give me a tourist trap with overpriced coffee mugs and I'm happy. Getting him to agree to a multi day trip was beyond anything I ever expected.

But now, I'm just at the point where I'm no longer excited. I'm essentially going to be paying a lot of money to be dragging him around. The waiting for A&E thing is just not going to happen, and I know LO will want that. I'm going to be the one who is trying to play peacemaker between two impatient children.

I think I just need to sleep on it.

I just tried booking our FPs tonight at the 60 day mark and no Frozen available for us either. I told hubby I didn't want to go either. I am keeping my fingers crossed for stand by change or some hoarders releasing. I also wondered if Disney cut the number of FPs for Sept after coming up with the new standby strategy (which by the way sounds a lot like the old FP system).

And thank you, really. I'm just in a pickle right now and needed to vent. I really appreciate all of your replies.

Get the kid up early that day. March the dickens out of her taking in all the WDW magic. Let her crash out after lunch and sleep in one of those big strollers for a few hours. Then kill it at CRT.

Vacations are not about normal sleep routines.

But before all of that, you need to take your husband aside and tell him seriously that he has disappointed me. He's taking 'Bros before Hos' way too far. Suggest that Arendelle is not the only kingdom at risk of persistent frigid temperatures.

Then tell him that you've thought about it and decided to let him off the hook, and that you'll be taking this guy you met on Disboard with you instead. I'll be happy to play along until he gets wise and starts treating Disney with the respect you deserve.

If DH hates the parks so much why have him go? If it's just the one child (or am I misunderstanding?) the two of you go and have a blast while he plays golf or whatever with his dad. The money you can save on his ticket can be used for either additional day or if that possible, park hoppers or another character meal.

whether or not you cancel your trip is up to you, but I've seen more than a few posts like yours (and I totally emphasize with the OP's) but...I always wonder, have you told your daughter she's going to disney? I think it might be pretty crushing to have to tell her that the trip to disney couldn't happen for reasons she might not understand. I really do think it sucks that you're hitting some serious speed bumps in trip planning but as someone who first saw WDW when I was four, I promise that for a kid that age it's about being there and not the details.

If DH hates the parks so much why have him go? If it's just the one child (or am I misunderstanding?) the two of you go and have a blast while he plays golf or whatever with his dad. The money you can save on his ticket can be used for either additional day or if that possible, park hoppers or another character meal.

yeah great point I've went on a ton of trips with just mom and brother, dad stayed home since he was never really was into disney on more trips than not (not all of them) and we always had a great time

my husband is not as into disney as my family is. He likes it and will go a couple times a year but I often take our son by myself or with friends or my mom or something. it works well for all of us :)

If you can go without hubby I would do that. I've been once with a "Grumpy". Never again. You would be so stressed out trying to appease him while still making it magical for your daughter.

Why not take her yourself? I took my daughter for her 7th birthday last year for a week alone. (My husband was stationed overseas) It worked out fine,

Take a long nap before dinner.

But one thing to remember: It's about being together. It's not necessarily about which princess you meet, where you eat, it's about making memories together. She may not remember meeting Anna in 10 years, but she'll remember having fun with you

Get the kid up early that day. March the dickens out of her taking in all the WDW magic. Let her crash out after lunch and sleep in one of those big strollers for a few hours. Then kill it at CRT.

Vacations are not about normal sleep routines.

Agree so much with this. DS was not quite 3 when we went last year and we closed the parks pretty much every day. He had a big nap in the middle of the day and was good to go before and after. On one of our MK days, we did the Wishes Dessert Party and then went and did Enchanted Tales With Belle after, where DS happily participated in the play. This was a 10pm fireworks night. We made sure he got plenty of rest at night and in the middle of the day and there was enough excitement during waking times to keep him going with enthusiasm.

Good luck with whatever you decide, but I think you could have a wonderful time despite the hiccups. With all the planning we do, it seems to be the unanticipated moments of magic that really stand out when it's over.

Stop stressing!!!! Your daughter is 3 she has no expectations!!! Honestly you are the one that is letting your hopes down not her, not the fps, not the adrs but YOU!! I am sorry I really am but your trip is what you make it to be! She is 3 it will be the most wonderful, happy trip that she has ever had. Relax and let it be what it is. You may not get to meet every princess that you want her to or eat a meal in the castle but she will never know what she missed and she will have an amazing time anyways. And believe it or not you will too and you will go home with wonderful memories that you will never forget.

There are PLENTY of rides that she can ride on. There are plenty of characters that she will be able to meet without an unreasonable line to stand in. There are other character meals that she can experience and be in awe of.

As parents we always try to make things the most perfect and magical experience possible for our children without realizing that they don't require us to orbit the moon for them. I am completely guilty of this myself at times. We should all just sit back and pay attention sometimes we are so busy planning and worrying over every little detail we compeletly miss out on the big picture.

Relax and enjoy the trip. I am sure she will as well pixiedust:

You mentioned that you would only be doing 3 days in the parks but spending thousands on the trip? If the thousands you mentioned are only for the 3 days in the parks what in the world are you planning? Or does it include things like travel expenses to see his dad, hotel while visiting day etc. Many people ive known went way over board with too many fancy dinners and do on when the kids would be happy with nuggets.
So if you cannt see everything dont stress, lots of princesses to see. Go over plans with hubby to see what he doesnt like and to see if your overdoing things. Where are you staying? With is dad or on site? If your thinking about an expensive resort maybe check Ft. Wilderness which hubby might like better.
Bottom line is if your so stressed out by not getting the perfect trip you may just ant to cancel because I dont think anyone gets everything just right.

You mentioned that you would only be doing 3 days in the parks but spending thousands on the trip? If the thousands you mentioned are only for the 3 days in the parks what in the world are you planning? Or does it include things like travel expenses to see his dad, hotel while visiting day etc. Many people ive known went way over board with too many fancy dinners and do on when the kids would be happy with nuggets.
So if you cannt see everything dont stress, lots of princesses to see. Go over plans with hubby to see what he doesnt like and to see if your overdoing things. Where are you staying? With is dad or on site? If your thinking about an expensive resort maybe check Ft. Wilderness which hubby might like better.
Bottom line is if your so stressed out by not getting the perfect trip you may just ant to cancel because I dont think anyone gets everything just right.

That's a good point. For 3 days and it's costing thousands? We are going for a week and it's not incredibly expensive.

hi,
sorry you are so stressed out, but as PP have said there are alternatives, there are many places to eat / meet with princesses . I know its not in the castle but IMHO its an ok experience but not worth getting stressed about, your DD wont know any different if you don't go and eat there all she will remember is she met a princess and it wont matter to her where she met that princess.

as this trip is all about your DD why don't you ask her what she would like to do, what rides she wants where she would like to eat, I know she's only 3 but I would maybe give her three options, so for example you look on reservations to see what is available for diner with princesses at a time that's good and then go onto YouTube and show her videos of the restaurants and let her pick her favourite, same with rides, look to see which rides she can ride show her videos of each ride and then make her a personalized map of all her chosen rides for each park (go onto Disney site to do this )

as for A&E everyone is in the same boat with wait times, keep trying for FP but again if you don't get one and you want to queue then a positive mental attitude helps, just think oh well it is what it is we are here queuing lets make the best of it, take things with you to make the time go quicker for you both like bubbles an A&E story book snacks and drink etc. but don't forget to use the rest room before you get in line lol been caught out with that one before ;)
hope you decide not to cancel and have a wonderful trip.
cal:)

Please OP, don't stress out. You actually can have a lovely time for your three days in the parks with your DH and DD. I don't know what will be happening with the A&E M&G and FP+ but you can still have a wonderful time.

Once upon a time, before I was a regular on this forum. I went to WDW with two random ADRs and didn't want to use legacy FP. I still had a great trip. Be flexible. Be open. You may be surprised. Your DH may actually enjoy the park days too. Your DD will not know the difference between your idea of the "perfect" trip and what she experiences.

Kids have different priorities than adults. You would be amazed at my kids favorite moments on our vacations. They are not even remotely close to what I thought.

Go with your original plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter