• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me I'll survive if I stay off property...

Seems you have it all worked out. I think you made the right choice with a child on the way there are always unexpected costs. Good luck and have a great wedding and honeymoon.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding and adoption!!!

From my experience, the "Disneymoon" is about who you are with, rather than where you stay.

DH and I were young and didn't have a lot of money when we got married almost 13 years ago. We had our Disneymoon at All Star Sports because that's all we could afford. It was every bit as magical as if we had stayed at the GF because we were celebrating us, and it didn't matter where "us" was. :)

We did our 10 year at Wilderness Lodge club level, with our then 2 kids in tow....it was nice to look back at how far we had come. We've been blessed with wonderful jobs and a wonderful life. We just got back for CR with our now three kids and I think being humble early on and remembering how you got to where you are makes you appreciate things a little more.

I haven't stayed off property in like 13 years. Planning our honeymoon for 5 weeks from now (doing a teeny tiny last minute ceremony- but a few things came up... not pregnancy... that forced us to move the wedding from fall to June) and I'm not just trying to use the RCI points we were gifted to book our honeymoon. We'd really like to use the RCI points- as we're in the middle of an expensive international adoption and paying for our little wedding on our own- it would help us out a lot. Plus, I don't want to be unappreciative.

When I looked a few weeks ago OKW and SS were still available. Now they're not... I should have known- but have been stressed and got stupid.

Literally the ONLY thing available are 4 off property resorts- none that look very good- the best looking is Village Vacation Parkway- which seems to be close to Disney and get positive reviews for the most part.

I'm really spoiled from staying on property and loving it. This will be my fiance's first time back to Disney since he was 7 and I really want it to be magical for him. Non Disney people wouldn't get this.... so coming here for support. What to do? Break the bank and pay for a mod on property- which will hurt us financially- or find a way to embrace being lucky enough to be in Disney at all- and enjoy being off property?

Ps. Some people have suggested a delayed honeymoon- but we've had to do so many things untraditionally due to our situation with the adoption and other factors- we'd love to do a honeymoon right after- one traditional thing!

Do your off-site trip and it will be just as magical. If you have a car take a day trip to the beach. I'm all for not stretching out the budget and being able to mentally relax.
You will have a great vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter