• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me if teens ever get a chance to use fitness room...

IvyandLace

Certified pixie dust user
Just a quick question as my nephew (age 16) has expressed interest in keeping up with his weight-training onboard the Magic when we go in November...I know that they usually only have a designated time when the fitness room is open for teens. Does anyone know if this is a "for sure" thing that will happen and what day this usually occurs?? I'd like to let him know the specifics before he boards to avoid disappointment.

Thanks!
:p IVY :p

Our youngest daughter is a dancer and wanted to use the fitness room last year when she was 17. They would not allow it. They offered to have a fitness instructory work with her in our room instead. She declined their generous offer and just ran on deck 4 and worked out in the room herself.

My DS (16) is also interested in this. On the navigators we have seen of previous cruises there are some nights that the fitness center is open for the teens for 1 hour in the evening. I believe these times started at 8:30 PM and you have to sign up early. They also only accept so many teens - not sure how many though. Because of this we have changed from late dinner seating to early so that he can attend these times - but then he will miss the show - not sure what the best option would be? It seems it was offered 4 - 5 times during the week.
Good Luck.

DS-14 did this in June. Unfortunately, it was during the late seating which caused a few "discussions". It is called "pump it up". He had no problem getting in. In fact, there was hardly anyone there.

Lorie

How many nights during the week do they do this? My 14 year old DD is hoping to keep up her workouts in January...she will be going for her Black Belt in the Spring, and doesn't want to loose a day!

Me? Four cruises and I still haven't made it all the way around Deck 4! princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter