• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me how you use your food processor.

malibuconlee

<font color=red>OOH - I think I've finally figured
Tips, tricks, recipes, anything!!! My wonderful DH got me a Kitchenaid Food Processor for Christmas (yes, it's a good thing, don't worry ;) ). I'm so excited to use it.

I'm going to make an Italian Parsley and walnut pesto I found a recipe for, but looking for other ideas...

Thanks!!

I make salsa all summer long, and my food processor is invaluable in helping me chop the onions, peppers, etc. I also use it when I make Dutch Oven Potatoes. I grate cheese in it. We've tried cream puff dough in it, but it didn't really work out for us. Mainly I just use mine for prep work. It saves me so much time every day at dinner time.

I have the "The Food Processor Bible" cookbook by Michelle Gilletz and love it-- the pizza dough recipe is great!

good luck- jen :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: bananas by dd4

I use mine for so much. To grind graham crackers into crumbs, toast or crackers into breadcrumbs, chop veggies (onions, carrots, celery) for stir fry, egg rolls, chicken and rice, chicken and dumplings, grate cheese, slice cheese, slice potatoes, etc. I've also made smoothies, milkshakes, blueberry sauce for cheesecake, etc. in it.

I asked for a food processor for Christmas, but didn't get it. I've been wanting one forever. Might just go out and get one for myself. I made a carrot casserole for Christmas dinner that would have been a whole lot easier with a food processor. Would it work for shredding lettuce (for tacos)?

Thanks guys!! Keep the ideas coming.

I've used it twice now. I used it to chop up celery and shallots for a cornbread stuffing I made the other night. YUM!!!

fresh or dried bread crumbs, slaws, carrots for carrot cake, pestos, apples for apple pies--we like thicker slices--pie crusts, cookie doughs, large batches of baby food(freeze in ice cube trays or muffin tins--according to portions baby eats then freeze in freezer bags), run out of brown sugar? add molasses to white sugar & mix, run out of confectioner's sugar? pulse white sugar 'til fluffy--
Gazpacho! Cold melon soups!
Pureeing soups in general > although an immersion blender is super for this!
chopping nuts, onions; making onion & garlic juices
smaller processor--herbs, spices, baby food

helpful hint: find a place for it on the counter, if you have to hump it out chances are you'll skip it--
of course unless you have one of those divine cabinet swivel up shelves! :sunny:
when you go to empty the bowl: stick your finger in the hole on the underside of the mixer bowl, grabbing up into the underside opening (up where in the hollow of the plastic stem is) of the blade, so the blade does not fall out.
that blade is wicked sharp so take care when handling or washing-
if you like to cook up a storm definately purchase another mixing bowl
it is not recommended to chop ice in it--at least not my model

Jean

I can't live without my food processor. I use it for many kitchen tasks.

* Chopping or slicing veggies and hard fruits like apples
* Grating cheese
* Chopping nuts from chunky to powder fine
* making pie crust and cookie dough
* making a quick topping for fruit crisps
* mixing cheesecake batter

If you are cutting in butter for a pie crust or cookies, make sure you put pieces of butter in a circle around the blades. I also make sure I put other dry ingredients evenly around the blades for better and quicker mixing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter