Tell me good things about Coronado Springs

StitchesGr8Fan

DIS Veteran
We were one of the lucky ones and got 3 preferred rooms at CSR with FD. We had never considered staying there because it didn't look "Disney" enough.

Tell me what you like about CSR so that I can get excited. TIA!

We've stayed at CSR three times now with our most recent stay at the end of January.

CSR is our favorite moderate for pretty much all the reasons already listed plus we really like the "not so in your face Disney theme"! Resort is very peaceful, grounds are beautiful and it's so nice to be able to grab a hammock on the sand and take a break! Our first stay was in a preferred room in the Casitas section and our room was right around the corner from the quiet pool - nice location. Our most recent two stays were in the business class room in Cabanas 9B and we liked that even better. A lot of folks complain it's a large resort but we found it very easy to navigate. Like I said, our favorite Moderate!!

Enjoy your trip.

Just got back from pofq but ventured over to look at CSR and CBR for future trips. We really liked CSR. It's big but so are the other moderates!

Grounds are beautiful, rooms are quiet and spacious with comfortable queen beds, and with preferred room location you don't have to worry so much about the long walk to the lobby, shop and food (which is pretty much what contributes to most of the negative reviews). We never had anything but good luck with the buses (we've stayed in both Cabanas and Ranchos). The pool and play area are great for "down time" - my son also loved the campfire and toasting marshmallows.

I don't love the new format for Pepper Market (it's more like a food court now with different stations; it used to be a buffet that counted as a QS credit, which was an amazing value!), but the food is decent with lots of options. Most mornings we'd grab a quick bagel or muffin from Rix Cafe and then head to parks.

Might not be overly "Disney" at first glance, but keep your eyes open for bits of magic and it's definitely there. :)

Everything is good about Coronado Springs! It is our favorite resort! Friendly staff, gorgeous grounds (we love just walking around the resort), it's quiet, great bus service, nice beds, nice sized bathroom, the pool is amazing, we love the hot tub, we like to play a little volleyball and much more. It is big but that means people aren't always right on top of you. I love it first thing in the morning before everyone wakes up. Sit in hammock and take it all in. Love the little lizards that run around. The lake is very peaceful...

Take me back! It makes us feel like we are Home! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! :)

Since I tend to get up much earlier than the rest of my family, I occasionally take morning walks around the entire resort. The grounds are absolutely beautiful, and each of the three areas has a distinct feel to it.

Maya Grill is great, and very easy to get into, typically. Pepper Market WAS one of my favorite QS places, but it was being redone last year, so our experience wasn't the best. Looking at the menu, it appears to be back to its former glory, though.

Can't say enough about the pool. By far our favorite pool at the resorts we've stayed at (CSR, POFW, POR, WL), and better than some of the deluxes I've seen. The Siestas pool bar and QS are very convenient.

Nice playground for the kids, and really fun mid-day pool activities.

Rooms are nice, and queen beds are a must for us.

By far our favorite resort we've stayed at.

Thanks all. I've been concerned about the size (mobility issues in the group) and toddler-friendliness. We may still switch tot the Contemporary if the opportunity arises, but I'm feeling better about CSR.

We are right there with you, and keeping our fingers crossed that we love it:) My husband keeps saying "Don't worry, no matter what we'll be at Disney!"

We stayed there 11 days in Nov. Beautiful grounds, Awesome bus service, Great pool, Nice quiet pools. We loved Maya Grill and Pepper Market. We will definitely stay there again!

We stayed there in March. Absolutely loved it. Has a few more amenities, as it's a convention resort. We liked that it wasn't "themed" as other resorts.

I was pleasantly surprised with Coronado Springs. Like others, we really enjoyed the pool and play area. I'd say it was the best aspect of the resort. Walking on the grounds was great. Maya Grill provided a nice meal. Bus service went well also. I definitely still felt like I was at Disney. Enjoy your stay!

I'm not the biggest fan but I understand why some love it. It's very beautiful. The walk around the lake, the lobby, the rooms. The pool is really cool as is the arcade. I've heard good things about Maya Grill. We didn't try that but we did try Pepper Market & the food was good and the portions were massive! It's just a matter of personal preference if you like the feel of it or not.

I am staying there for the first time in June. I am excited. We have stayed at value, mod and deluxe. We got a business class room so hoping the size won't be an issue. It's just me and dd 11 so we can handle walking haha.

Looking forward to our. November 1st time stay there. From what I am reading it seems like the beautiful grounds and bus service are the top reasons why people enjoy it most. :)

We stayed in 2009 and enjoyed it very much. True it isn't as "Disney" as the other resorts but the overall atmosphere throughout the resort is very nice. Loved the pool and food court. We are staying at POR this next trip but only because we want to try different resorts, but I wouldn't hesitate staying there again.

We stayed there 2 years ago. Didnt have a preferred room, so it was a long walk to everything. However, the breakfast buffet was great! And it was a quick service meal on our dining plan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter