• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell Me CSR Room locations likes/dislikes

tylerbug

Mouseketeer
Was looking at various room locations for our upcoming stay at CSR.....not sure if we want to be close to pool/main lobby so was looking for some ideas and thoughts on where people have stayed what they liked and disliked about location /theme...

We have stayed in the Casitas seven of our eight stays. We recently came back from that eighth stay and we were in Cabanas 9A. We have enjoyed every building we've been in, but our two personal favorites are Casitas 4 and 5. There is just something about the beautiful courtyards during the day and then again at night with the fountains and the lights. We also like being close to the quiet pool (near Casitas 4) and the fitness center/spa (I get a massage every trip). Far enough away from the main building, but still walkable. It takes me about five minutes or so to walk to the main building and about eight to ten minutes to walk to the main pool.

I for one love the theming in Casitas and Cabanas, but disliked Ranchos, which of course is where we were placed. I like being close to the action, which is why the monorail resorts are my favorites, but if I had my choice of rooms at CSR, I'd be as close to El Centro as possible. It's a very quiet resort and I'd doubt that even the closest rooms would experience much noise.

I don't think that there is a bad building or view. Several years ago, I booked CSR with a discount code. Our room faced the parking lot-bad view? No! The landscaping was so lush that the parking lot was allmost totally blocked. Each section has it's own advantages.

I've stayed in all 3 areas and they each have their pro's and con's. I think my favorite are the Cabana's (9B is the one I recall being in). I like the theme the best and it's not too far of a walk to the main pool or the main building. When I stayed in Casitas it was a real short walk to the main building but a hike to the main pool. Just my opinion, but wasn't crazy about the theme. Ranchos was a real short walk to the main pool, but a hike from the main building. I liked the theme of Ranchos too. I would guess that the longest walk anywhere would be 10-15 minutes.

Hello,

I've been to CSR twice. Both visits were in standard view locations. I wanted a water view but none were available. First stay was in Ranchos 7B. At first I was disappointed because it is farther from the main building. After a few days I became more familiar with the surroundings and found that the main pool was a short walk and there was a bus stop pretty close behind our bldg. I did think that the rock formations were pretty cool. And, actually, the walk to El Centro wasn't too bad but it seemed sort of far if you only wanted a quick snack or a cold drink. A walk to dinner, lunch or breakfast wasn't bad but again for something quick it seemed inconvenient (plus our frig. wasn't working.

Our second stay last January we were place in Casitas. I think it was bldg. 2. I really did not care for this location. Casitas is a lovely area and we really enjoyed their quiet pool but we were in the back of the bldg. on the top floor and we didn't have any lush ground to look at. Only a small strip of grass with the large parking lot and road beyond that. Some one said that this may be the only location that really doesn't have much grass. Other areas of the Casitas look very nice. It felt pretty isolated back there actually more so than Ranchos 7B but I think that was because we were in the back of the bldg. On the plus side, the Casitas quiet pool is great and we did have a bus stop directly behind us.

Forgot to mention that the Main pool is quite a hike from this location and it was January. We were pretty cold when we went swimming in the evening.

Overall, I really like CSR. But, I'm not sure if I will stay there again without securing a water view room. I'm sure there are some nice standard view locations but you are not guaranteed. At least if you get an undesirable view/location with a water view you may have some room to negotiate a better view. With a standard view, not so much.

We've stayed in the Cabanas twice and Ranchos once. Our first stay, we were in Cabanas 9B, which is right next to El Centro. That was great. We were on the back side of the building and could see the parking lot in the distance, but there was a pond right beneath us. We went to Pepper Market every morning for breakfast and then walked right out to Bus Stop #1 and went to the parks. On return, we got off at that same stop and were very close to our room. On our second stay, we were Cabanas 9A, at the far end. So, our view was the parking lot, but that's OK because there was a lot of grass and foliage too. And we parked our van right beneath our room and could run out to get stuff anytime. I love being on the end of the building and usually request it because I like quick access to the stairs. It was a very short walk across the parking lot to Bus Stop #4 and not too far to El Centro. Our 3rd stay we were in the Ranchos. We again faced the parking lot (I never pay for water view) and again, were able to park right by our room. We were near the end, were able to run down the stairs and get to Bus Stop #2 very quickly. We did not go to El Centro much, but really didn't have much of a reason to.

I'm easy to please with views and such. We don't use the pool much (maybe once in a week-long visit) and generally eat breakfast in our room now and the other meals at the parks so being close to El Centro isn't a big deal to us either.

I'm happy anywhere as long as I'm at WDW!

We just got back from our stay we were in Casitas 4. It was nice being by the Quiet pool. It was a longer walk to the pool then the Main area. Overall not our Favorite WDW resort. Loved having Queen beds.

Kae

Our stay at CSR we stayed in Ranchos 7B.

Originally we were in we in Casita 4 facing the parking. Our room in Casita 4 face the courtyard by the parking lot. We were on the second floor and right around the corner from our room we could get to the quite pool. We liked the room, but unfortunatley the last guest smoked in the room and it smelled. We asked to change rooms since myself and my son are really sensitive to smoke. The CM apologized to us and did there best to move us. We had two rooms that we connecting. The resort was full and they couldn't get us in connecting room, but only adjoining. Our choices were Ranchos 6A or Ranchos 7B. I choose 7B.

We loved our new room in 7B. Our room was faced building 8A (cabana section) on the first floor. It over looked area with tress that separate 7B and 8A. You don't see that on the map. It was a short walk to the Dig Site and about a 5 minute walk to El Centro. We liked that it was close to a bus stop and parking lot. Our room was a 30 second minute walk to the quite pool, but we didn't have a pool view.

On our trip in November I am hoping we can get a room in the location or in the Cabana section, builidng 8A.

I love the way the Casita section looks, but for my family being close the the Dig Site is better.

The first time I was there I had booked a standard room, but received a free upgrade to a water view. We were on the top floor of building 1 in the Casitas. If it was raining we could still stay undercover all the way to the restaurants, gift shop, and bus stop and our room was only a minute or two from the main building. It was a fantastic location, but we had some very loud conventioneers on either side of us.

I was just there Sept 26th-Oct 4th. In order to use the AP discount I had to book a King room for Sept 26th, then move to a standard room the next day. That first night I was on the top floor, back side of Building 2 (the only building with no elevator), facing the parking lot.:mad: You could use the elevator in building 3, walk across, then around to the back side of building 2, but it was easier (and much closer) to just walk up and down the four flights of stairs. I couldn't believe they had put a King room in that lousy location. It was the worst room location I've ever had at any WDW resort. The next day when I had to recheck back in, they put me on the ground floor of Building 8A in a corner room, just a few minutes from bus stop 4 and right around the corner from the main pool. It was also just a few minutes from the main buildings, over the bridge. I was facing a bunch of tall greenery and the back of one of the Rancho buildings. It was a perfect location (except I had a college age young lady next door, who stood outside my door each night yelling and arguing with her boyfriend on the phone). I'll be there again in Dec and am hoping for the same location.

We were in the Cabanas right near the main pool and a bus stop. I think Cabanas 8b or something, not sure. I liked being close to the main pool and especially the bus stop. When walking wtih dd2, it took 8 min. to walk to the Center. It was a nice, relaxing, beautiful walk.

My son and I stayed in Cabanas 8B last October. The bus stop was literally right outside our door, it was a 2 minute walk to the Dig Site pool and about a 7-8 minute walk to El Centro. We leave in two days and we loved CSR so much we're staying there again this year. I faxed a request to stay in the Cabanas again this year - fingers crossed that we get it!

I think people don't give the Ranchos enough credit. That's where we stayed on our honeymoon (we let the fates place us where they may and ranchos it was!) The theming is not my taste but in terms of architecture and design Disney again outdoes itself. Yes you have about a 7 -10 minute walk to El Centro (the main building) However I am so glad we "had to" walk half way around the lake every day and every night. What a beautiful way to see the resort and really get to appreciate what Mr. Walt Disney's vision has expanded to. The Dig site pool AND a quiet pool were near by and Bus stop 3 was literally around the corner of the building. Really you can't go wrong no matter where you stay! I just wanted to give a little shout out to our honeymoon area! have a great time!

We stayed in Cabanas 8B and it was an awesome location - steps away from the feature pool and a very pleasant 5-7 minute walk over the bridge to the main building.

Hi we got back on the 10th from CSR.We did the fax request twice before going asking for 2 rooms in the Cabana area but when we arrived were given the Ranchos:sad2:Have to say it wasn't as bad as we thought,very attractive but a little out of the way so we asked if there was anyway we could be moved and they told us we could 2 days later.Eventually we moved to Cabanas 8a which was very nice too and a great location near the pool,both times our view was the parking lot,but our room at Cabanas was also very near the bus stop which was handy.
If we went again we would try the Casitas as to us it seemed the most attractive of the 3 areas.
Mousekeeping came everyday and left us lots of soaps etc and towels,my only complaint is that the rooms and batrooms in our cabana rooms had hairs (not ours)in the corners that never got cleaned away,our rooms at the Ranchos were a lot cleaner than the Cabana rooms.
I know a lot of people say it is a big resort but we never found the size a problem and there are always the little golf buggys whizzing past.

We've stayed in the Casita's. The first time I booked a water view, the 2nd time I actually booked a standard view, and then just asked when we arrived (in a very happy and excited voice) if they had any pixie dust behind the counter and if we could maybe get a waterview.. and we did

417630315_ePtNM-M.jpg

All we requested when we stayed at CSR was a referbed room. We were in Ranchos 7B and it was so beautiful. We didn't have a water view or anything but where we were was pretty to look out. The bus stop wasn't that far away and in the mornings it was nice to be only the 2nd stop. The walk to the pool was only a little bit. I honestly didn't mind being back there and it was beautiful. I agree the Ranchos don't get enough credit :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter