• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me ALL all about the rides/attractions you hate

Princess Katherine

The Yeti's Girlfriend
I'll start off.

I can't stand Toy Story Mania. If I wanted to go to a carnival, I would.

Soarin' lol wut?

Buzz Lightyear just Toy Story in general

Lights, Motors, ACTION! I can't stand anything about cars.

Backstage something... I just think something else that's better could take its spot.

The thing where you "drive" cars that takes like 60 minutes to ride.

The Jungle Cruise I'm not much on fake animals and stale jokes. Why did this seem like a good idea Walt?

The Great Movie Ride, I can't really explain that one. You basically have to know the movies to ride it.

Indiana Jones needs a facelift or a wrecking ball.

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids! I don't like the movies.

The Swiss Family Treehouse and Tom Sawyer Island. I think it is a waste of space.

That's all for now, just my opinion, what about you? LET'S COMPLAIN TOGETHER!

Katie

I have a few attractions I dislike, and I'd respond to this thread, but instead I'll respond about why I dislike your choices to make this more interesting:

1) If you can find ride innovation like Toy Story Mania at a carnival, you are going to some amazing carnivals.

2) Not going to dignify that

3) You don't like an attraction because you randomly hate the movie it's based on. :lmao:

4) You're right about this one - - terrible waste of space and money.

5) If you can't remember the name of an attraction then you can't really have any feelings for it (especially not "hate")

6) See #5

7) You obviously missed the point of those "stale jokes."

8) Ah, this explains it all... God forbid you learn about movies you've never heard of. Run away!!!

9) facelift - yes, wrecking ball - harsh

10) See #3 - also, HISTA is closed and I don't know why you would hate a children's playground unless you are a child yourself, so this doesn't count either.

11 & 12) Swiss Family is arguable, but Tom Sawyer's Island is anything but a waste of space. Culture, people...It's all about culture...which I've been noticing many people don't have.

YAY LISTS!!!! :cheer2:

Gosh. Well I'm not huge on the Great Movie Ride. I was scared to death of it when I was little. It didn't bother me as much when I went last time. I haven't been on the Jungle Cruise since I was six and I was also scared of that. I haven't been on the Haunted Mansion at all and I don't know if I'm too chicken for it or not but I am going to do it this time. I actually agree, Kilaminjaro Safaris is way better than Jungle Cruise because they have real animals. I also kept my eyes closed on Dinosaur. But probably the ride I hate most is Rockin Roller coaster. I'm sorry but it didn't agree with me. I don't get sick on rides often but I was nauseus after that. I think it was way too fast.

Why do you bother vacationing to Disney then? Seems like you do not like a majority of attrations and those similar in style. Maybe you need to find a new destination??

The Great Movie Ride, I can't really explain that one. You basically have to know the movies to ride it.

I don't like GMR, but because it's stale. Your statement has me curious though. Are you from the U.S. I ask because the movies (or the genres they represent) in the ride or so part of American culture that I can't understand someone not "knowing" the movies (or again, the genre) in it.

The only ride I've ever want to just end was The Great Movie Ride just because it's so dated and uninteresting to me.

The others I enjoy.

The one you didn't mention was Muppet Vision 3D. But only because the "3D" was the worst 3D I've ever seen and it was really hard to watch. It made my head hurt.

The Lilo & Stitch ride. I have not ridden it for no reason other than bad reviews.

It would be hard to come up with an exhaustive list and still be a member of this board.

Some rides I have not done for years (Jungle Cruise), but I don't dislike it, just that I have to prioritize my time and there are other attractions I like more.

Why do you bother vacationing to Disney then? Seems like you do not like a majority of attrations and those similar in style. Maybe you need to find a new destination??

I have never understood the Disney apologists who take the position that if you don't love everything about Disney, you shouldn't go there.

I share her feelings on most of her list, but I still love WDW!

Why? First, because it's a destination with something for the entire family. I may not like an attraction, but someone in my family does, and I love them enough to tolerate it for them.

Second, there's the huge feeling of nostalgia from when I did love the attraction (but have since grown tired of it). As I get older and more jaded, I find this is becoming the main reason I want to go to WDW.

It's not like people don't complain on these boards.

Small World - annoying!

Stitch "ride" - waste of space!

American Idol experience - just not for me

Tree house - did it once, never again lol.

I have a few attractions I dislike, and I'd respond to this thread, but instead I'll respond about why I dislike your choices to make this more interesting:

1) If you can find ride innovation like Toy Story Mania at a carnival, you are going to some amazing carnivals.

2) Not going to dignify that

3) You don't like an attraction because you randomly hate the movie it's based on. :lmao:

4) You're right about this one - - terrible waste of space and money.

5) If you can't remember the name of an attraction then you can't really have any feelings for it (especially not "hate")

6) See #5

7) You obviously missed the point of those "stale jokes."

8) Ah, this explains it all... God forbid you learn about movies you've never heard of. Run away!!!

9) facelift - yes, wrecking ball - harsh

10) See #3 - also, HISTA is closed and I don't know why you would hate a children's playground unless you are a child yourself, so this doesn't count either.

11 & 12) Swiss Family is arguable, but Tom Sawyer's Island is anything but a waste of space. Culture, people...It's all about culture...which I've been noticing many people don't have.

YAY LISTS!!!! :cheer2:

I do love constructive criticism. :D

Katie

Stitch "ride"!!!!! It doesn't even move; or at least it didn't the one time I "rode"
it. Never again will I waste valuable Disney time on that!!

All right. Don't get me wrong I do dislike those rides. But I would never give up Disney because I disliked some rides. There are so many great aspects of Disney! I can't expect everything to be perfect. I created this thread to discuss some issues we didn't like not to get people angry. Disney is the most magical place on earth to me and I will never leave no matter what the throw at me. :)

Katie

Mission Space. It's not so much that I hate the ride. It's the fact that my body hates me for going on it. That was not a good day.

I love WDW, I fell in love last year when I went for the first time and I'm coming back this year. However I was surprised (and a bit disappointed) when I saw the fake animals/mannequins at famous and well loved rides as Liberty Square Riverboat, GMR and IASW. I guess I expected more. Maybe I just don't have childhood memories of them, I don't know.

But as I said, I love it. There are soooooooooo many thing I want to see again and I'm looking forward to the things I will see for the first time this year :thumbsup2

BTW, my parents love IASW and I will ride it again as many times as they want to ;) I also plan to ride Jungle Cruise even though I now know about the fake animals ::yes::

1) Finding Nemo the Musical - Overall I don't really understand why people like this. Sure the puppets and such like are impressive, but I find it incredibly dull with music that sounds like it was created by a desperate pantomime writer.
2) Turtle Talk with Crush - I probably just don't "get" Finding Nemo's appeal in general
3) The American Idol Experience - seen this once even though I strongly dislike the TV show and I don't really want to see it ever again
4) Lights Motors Action - reminds me of a stunt show I saw at a Six Flags park, not the kind of entertainment I expect from Disney
(In its defense, the Great Movie Ride is actually one of my favorite rides. Even though the Sigourney Weaver AA looks like a melting wax figure)

The Ellen ride. That part where you sit in the dark room and it's like you're listening to the radio- Yeah, I fell asleep during it. Made a great power nap :thumbsup2 Lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter