Tell me all about TREX

barbiecruiser

Mouseketeer
We are going for the first time in a week and cant wait to try it! Any menu recommendations or dishes to stay away from??? Also any pix would be great too!

We found T Rex to be loud - very loud! The dinosaurs all make noise and they do it constantly with no breaks. The food was over priced and not that great. I will say though that the portions were huge! It is ok for a 1 time "experience" but I prefer Rainforest Cafe for the food choices and the atmosphere with only "intermittent" thunder storms and no noisy critters! lol I do have pics but don't know how to put them on here :( sorry

I wouldn't get the cheese sticks as an appetizer!!
We had a party of four, ordered the cheese sticks, and got 5 cheese sticks.
Remind you this was for dinner and we were starving!
Everything else was good though.
I don't like sitting in the Ice Age room though. I prefer the (idk what it's called), but it has fire.
Good Luck!

Well..let's see...it's loud. Oh, did I mention it's LOUD??!!! I mean like really Loud?

Food was decent though expensive, service good--did I mention that it is LOUD????

Not a restful experience:hippie:

We were there in June. We actually had a very good meal. I had the
T-Rexadillas, which is usually an appetizer, for my entree. My DH had the
Woolly Mammoth Chicken, and DD8 had Jurassic Chicken Tidbits (although
I don't see this last item on the allears menu).

Everything was very fresh and tasty. I know this place has gotten mixed reviews, but we had a really good experience.

Like others have said, it is VERY loud. We were seated in the Ice Age room and I will request a different area next time.

My DD8 just loves dinosaurs, so this was something she was super excited about.

We are planning on doing MNSSHP in September and I'm thinking we might go there again during that trip.
:)

We ate here for the first time in June. My kids LOVED it, so I'm sure this will become a tradition for every trip.

The atmosphere is wonderful. I was amazed that my ds7 (who is terrified by the monkeys at Rainforest), was totally at ease with the life size T Rex! As others have said, it is very LOUD, so don't expect intimate conversation! It was also freezing cold (as was Rainforest).

We thought the food was pretty good. Not gourmet, and of course it was overpriced...but good, nonetheless. I had a shrimp/pasta dish, which was delicious. Dh had the french onion soup, which was VERY good, and a shrimp salad sandwich, which he said was just "good". No complaints on the kids meals!

We topped everything off with the Chocolate extinction, which is the only food I have a picture for. Of course, this was heavenly!!!!

IMG_2612.jpg

photo-14.jpg

The food is pretty good and you get a lot of it. Definitely get the chocolate extinction if you go for dessert. Someone else has made the recommendation on these boards that you visit for dessert just for the experience. I would have to agree. An hour in there for dinner is just a little too long with all the dinosaur madness :)

We have been to TRex twice. DS7 is all about anything and everything dino's so we go there for the "experience"..definately not for the food. The food is 'meh' at best and is waaaay overpriced. DH had a chicken sandwich which he thought was ok. I had the fish sandwich and it was literally 2 fish sticks on a roll with a ton of shredded lettuce. They have a great gift shop for dino-fantatics (shocking, I know;)). It also has a Build-A-Dino area (owned by Build-A-Bear) and a cute dig for dino bones area outside (like the Boneyard in AK but much smaller). I don't think I need to say it is loud;). Check the Landry's website before you go...last year they had a $10 off coupon that we used.

Might I add that I was a tad dissapointed that I couldn't get a table for our upcoming vacation.
We have gone to T-REX for just a dinner. Like we were at home said "hey I feel like having T-REX",got an ADR, drove about 2 hours and got in line for our table.
That's why I LOVE living in FL. :) Great memories.

My sister and I really enjoyed T-Rex. We are both dino-lovers (do you ever grow out of that??) and I planned it as a surprise for our April trip. She had the huge guacomole burger and I had the chicken sandwich with the pizza dough. It was loud but I think was a fun experience. We would definitely go back.

We didn't find it any louder than other restaurants would be, but we went in September. I had the Paleo Shrimp and they were wonderful!

Oddly enough I thought the food was better at TRex than RC :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter