• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me about your weight loss!!!

dizneefamily5

Mouseketeer
I have found through these boards that the most motivational thing I am reading is that most of you have done it! Whether it's 5 lbs or 95 lbs, share your story with me! I want to know if your weight loss has truly changed your life. I know that if - no, WHEN, I get to my ideal weight, everything about my life will change. No more fear - my self esteem keeps me from doing SOOOOO many things. I'd love to hear your stories, if you are willing to share. It will help me more than you know :grouphug:

My life has changed very much since losing the 80lbs, but I had to change my whole way of thinking about food and everything else before I lost any weight. I stopped eating when I was bored, happy, sad, angry, or just for the heck of it. I only eat when I'm hungry and almost all healthy foods. I now eat to live not live to eat.

Thank you so much for your reply. I know that what you are saying is exactly what I need to do! I have only been doing this for 6 days and I notice such a difference already. Thank you, again!

I have only lost 52 pounds so far and have been yo-yoing lately and have a long way to go (but I try not to think about it in the big picture and that helps me). I have found just with this weight that I've lost that a lot has changed with me too. I look forward to going and working out (I never ever thought I'd hear myself say this). Some of that is the people that I workout with - I've become good friends with some of them and I look forward to going and just chatting with them before workout. I pay much more attention to labels when I grocery shop and I am lost if I don't have any fruit in my day. What use to be a 30-60 minute shopping trip now can take me 2+ hours because of all the time I spend reading labels. I have found that instead of grabbing for the salted peanuts I'm grabbing, or looking, for the unsalted almonds and if I can't find them, I don't buy them. Instead of grabbing a hamburger I'm going for salad or chicken (rarely chicken, generally a salad) at a fast food joint. I find myself also spending more time reading menus when we go out to eat. And I like being able to see that I actually have a neck!!!!

The biggest thing I have found is how much more energy I have. I never imagined I'd be able to get up at 5:15am and still be able to be going at 10pm on a workout day. I went in the backyard last Saturday and actually played soccer with my 16 year old. I was able to run and not feel like I was dying. That was an AWESOME feeling and wish I would have done this a long time ago because I then realized how much I missed with my daughter when she was young because I was so heavy all the time.

There has been one negative to this and I don't want to discourage anyone from losing at all. I have noticed a lot more lumps and bumps in my body that I was never able to feel. And with the history of various cancers in my family that has scared me but I have gone and gotten them checked out and the doctors have assured me that a lot of it is normal things in my body that I've never been able to feel before because of the weight I had covering them.

Good luck - it's a long hard process at times but in the end it's SO worth it (another thing I've realized in this journey).

Chris

I have started my 5 millionth diet...so here goes, again!

I need to lose 40 pounds...I set a goal that this week I would get off of sugar.

I had one small cookies from my daughters snack pack on Wednesday. They say sugar-free for 3 days and you will lose most of the cravings...BUT

...when I make that goal, where do I go next? I want to keep them short term so that they are obtainable....maybe just keep trying to add one day at a time...

I dunno, but I am feeling weak right now! That's why I came here to post...ya'll KNOW where my head is....

Hi Dizneefamily5!

I definitely recommend reading the WISH journals (link at the top of the WISH page). You will see some really inspiring people and read their journeys.

I've lost 25 pounds since December 2005, by working with a nutritionist. I have hit my goal, and am now going past it! I ENJOY working out, which I never thought possible, and I am willing to wake up early & give up sleep for it (another shocker!). If I don't work out, I feel guilt. Which is a good motivator for me! I have sooo much energy, and I'm a happier me. I am back to the "old" me. I enjoy clothes shopping again (not good for the ol' wallet ;)) and I just have soooo much more self confidence!

You should start your own WISH journal! My new friend Blueeyes101817 was the one that told me to start one, and it's the best thing I could have done.

Hi Everyone! I am pretty new to these boards and I am so excited I have the WISH board! I am currently in the process of losing of losing 163 pounds total, of which I have already lost 155! I am so excited about my trip to Disney, but was a little worried about all the food!

When I started my weight loss journey, I was 313 pounds. I had a lifetime membership to Jenny Craig and decided to join again! Let me tell you, that was March 5, 2005, so in about 54 weeks I have lost 155 pounds! My big motivator was going on the carnival rides with my daughter and also wanting to go to Disney or other theme parks and not worry about fitting in the rides or being able to walkt the whole and things like that!

I personally love Jenny Craig and it has changed my life! Since Jenny Craig is focused on a lifestyle change (food, mind and body) I became active and have been exercsing daily for 11 months - a far cry from riding the sofa all day! I actually am starting to work for them on Monday! Everything is great and now we are going to Disney Woo hoo! How exciting! We will be the JC family because we are going on a Magical Gathering and my father, and 2 of my aunts are also currently on JC! It will be fun but challenging to keep focused at Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter