Tell me about your Vista Cay stay

dcldreamer

Earning My Ears
We're going to Florida Nov. 20th - 27th and going to UO/IOA for the 1st time. We are torn on where to stay so I need some opinions. I have found a condo at Vista Cay for about the same price as Holiday Inn & Suites Nearest Universal on Major Blvd but don't know which one to choose! We have friends that are going to be at HRH onsite so we are going to visit with them some and I realize we really won't be in the room all that much. We will have a vehicle as we are driving. which would you stay at and why? I need all the opinions I can get!! TIA

You wont' go wrong with Vista Cay. It is a great resort! It was built by the same builder as Windsor Hills, Pulte Homes, and the Clubhouse facilities are desinged similar. There is a 10,000 sq. ft. Clubhouse with a wonderful pool/spa that overlooks Lake Cay. The Clubhouse has exercise facilities, computer usage, game room, movie theater (same as Windsor Hills), DVD Kiosk for rentals. In addition there is a sports court. The Lake has a beautifully landscaped walkway around it. The individual units are upscale with corian or granite countertops, flluted cabinets in the kitchen, large windows with lots of light coming in. Condos have balconies, townhomes have small balcony, patio, and garage. It is a lot for the money and the location is second to none. The resort itself is located on Universal Blvd. and is only 3-4 miles from Universal, 1-2 miles from Sea World, and 6 to 8 miles from Disney. It is less than 1 mile from International Drive with its many restaurants, activities, and shopping.

The condos and townhomes are very spacious. The 2 bedrooms are about 1100 sq. ft. and have 2 bathrooms. The 3 bedroom condos are 1500 to 2100 sq. ft. depending on the model and have 2 bathrooms. The 3 bedroom townhomes have 3 bathrooms and a garage and are 1800 sq. ft.

Within walking distance is a Publix, NYPD Pizza, Chinese Restaurant and a Walgreen's.

Vista Cay is also rated number 1 on Trip Advisor for resorts in Orlando.

Hope that helps!

Sandy

You wont' go wrong with Vista Cay. It is a great resort! It was built by the same builder as Windsor Hills, Pulte Homes, and the Clubhouse facilities are desinged similar. There is a 10,000 sq. ft. Clubhouse with a wonderful pool/spa that overlooks Lake Cay. The Clubhouse has exercise facilities, computer usage, game room, movie theater (same as Windsor Hills), DVD Kiosk for rentals. In addition there is a sports court. The Lake has a beautifully landscaped walkway around it. The individual units are upscale with corian or granite countertops, flluted cabinets in the kitchen, large windows with lots of light coming in. Condos have balconies, townhomes have small balcony, patio, and garage. It is a lot for the money and the location is second to none. The resort itself is located on Universal Blvd. and is only 3-4 miles from Universal, 1-2 miles from Sea World, and 6 to 8 miles from Disney. It is less than 1 mile from International Drive with its many restaurants, activities, and shopping.

The condos and townhomes are very spacious. The 2 bedrooms are about 1100 sq. ft. and have 2 bathrooms. The 3 bedroom condos are 1500 to 2100 sq. ft. depending on the model and have 2 bathrooms. The 3 bedroom townhomes have 3 bathrooms and a garage and are 1800 sq. ft.

Within walking distance is a Publix, NYPD Pizza, Chinese Restaurant and a Walgreen's.

Vista Cay is also rated number 1 on Trip Advisor for resorts in Orlando.

Hope that helps!

Sandy

Thanks so much ! I'm still waiting for the owner to contact me back. I went to VRBO, sent an e-mail and called but no return contact yet. I'm getting excited! Thanks again for the review!

Thanks so much ! I'm still waiting for the owner to contact me back. I went to VRBO, sent an e-mail and called but no return contact yet. I'm getting excited! Thanks again for the review!

That's great, I love VRBO, also love www.homeaway.com. If you look in Orlando and click on Orlando on the left side as well, lots of Vista Cay's will come up. Hope you find something wonderful!

Sandy

I've also heard Vista Cay is very nice. We've stayed at Windsor Hills which is beautiful and has a great pool area. My kids loved the movie theater there. I don't think you can go wrong with either place.

A little concerned now...update. I have now heard back from both of the contacts which I e-mailed through VRBO. One was out of our price range for this trip (this is somewhat of a budget trip and really didn't want to pay almost $900, although I'm sure it's worth every penny). The other was through a realty company and the lady said that the unit I had called her about was no longer available due to foreclosure. She advised me to be careful and actually do my research if I was looking to rent from an owner at Vista Cay because from what she understands a lot of those units are under foreclosure. Does anyone have any recommendations or has a contact with someone that they've rented from at Vista Cay and is trustworthy? Just a little skeptical now! TIA

Well, I just would do my homework like any other short term rentals. There are foreclosures right now in any resort. You might try www.vistacayrent.com and put a general inquiry out there. I do know of some owners I could recommend but they are all booked for that week, pretty popular, as it is Thanksgiving week.

The management company I would recommend is Vista Cay Management LLC, they are a smaller management company and have an office on site at Vista Cay. Their condos/townhomes are immaculate. Their website is www.rentorlandoproperties.com. You can read reviews for each property. The website is that of Liberty Homes and Vista Cay Management LLC as husband and wife team, have both companies. However, don't think they will come in under the price you mention.

Sandy

Thanks for the links and advice!! I guess because this is a budget trip we'll just stay in a hotel. As I said, I'm sure these units at Vista Cay are well worth the money but we're not looking to pay those rates this trip. :)

Sure you'll have a great time just as well! It's a wonderful time to visit, that's for sure.

Sandy

I am wintering in Florida this year and my home away from home right now is Vista Cay. The management company managing the property we are renting is vistacay4rent.com. Not sure if anything is available for your time period but you might want to take a look at their website as they manage quite a few properties in the complex. We are very happy with Vista Cay and it really is a hop, skip, and jump to EVERYTHING. Such a convenient location! Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have. :)

I am wintering in Florida this year and my home away from home right now is Vista Cay. The management company managing the property we are renting is vistacay4rent.com. Not sure if anything is available for your time period but you might want to take a look at their website as they manage quite a few properties in the complex. We are very happy with Vista Cay and it really is a hop, skip, and jump to EVERYTHING. Such a convenient location! Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have. :)

Thanks so much! We actually did find a place at Vista Cay and will be arriving next Saturday, 11/20! We will be at Tideview Circle. By looking at the property map it doesn't look too close to the main pool though but that's okay. Do you happen to know if there are parking spaces at the pool? Just wondering if it's a long walk if we could drive our vehicle to the pool and park. Also, do you happen to know if there is a Wal-Mart close by? We shop for our groceries at a Wal-Mart here at home. I know there is a Publix but don't really know alot about Publix and how their prices compare.

Thanks so much! We actually did find a place at Vista Cay and will be arriving next Saturday, 11/20! We will be at Tideview Circle. By looking at the property map it doesn't look too close to the main pool though but that's okay. Do you happen to know if there are parking spaces at the pool? Just wondering if it's a long walk if we could drive our vehicle to the pool and park. Also, do you happen to know if there is a Wal-Mart close by? We shop for our groceries at a Wal-Mart here at home. I know there is a Publix but don't really know alot about Publix and how their prices compare.

It is an easy walk to the pool from Tideview Circle. From Tideview about a 6 minute walk, it is on the other side of the resort, but they are very close to the new Walgreens if you need something quick, have groceries, wine, and beer. There are parking spaces right there at the Clubhouse, so not a problem. There is also overflow parking just on the other side of the Clubhosue so you can park there, too. Really, there is overflow parking on either side of the Clubhouse. You won't mind walking though, you can cut through the outside breezeways of the condos.

The Walmart at Florida Mall is our favorite, and it is the closest, we've made it in 6 minutes. But Publix does have specials so look for them, they start on Thursday's. We get most of our food there but do sometimes pick up a couple of food items at Walmart. My DH just said, nicest staff any store he has ever been in (and he is a bargain shopper!). We go to Publix every day when we are there, we are addicted to that store! But we have started shopping their specials instead of impulsively!

Sandy

It is an easy walk to the pool from Tideview Circle. From Tideview about a 6 minute walk, it is on the other side of the resort, but they are very close to the new Walgreens if you need something quick, have groceries, wine, and beer. There are parking spaces right there at the Clubhouse, so not a problem. There is also overflow parking just on the other side of the Clubhosue so you can park there, too. Really, there is overflow parking on either side of the Clubhouse. You won't mind walking though, you can cut through the outside breezeways of the condos.

The Walmart at Florida Mall is our favorite, and it is the closest, we've made it in 6 minutes. But Publix does have specials so look for them, they start on Thursday's. We get most of our food there but do sometimes pick up a couple of food items at Walmart. My DH just said, nicest staff any store he has ever been in (and he is a bargain shopper!). We go to Publix every day when we are there, we are addicted to that store! But we have started shopping their specials instead of impulsively!

Sandy

Thanks so much Sandy! I really appreciate the info. My DH is getting excited now. He went to our Wal-Mart last night to pick up a few things we needed for here at home presently and picked up a few things for the trip! I was so loving him even more for that...less I have to pick up next week before we leave :thumbsup2

Thanks so much Sandy! I really appreciate the info. My DH is getting excited now. He went to our Wal-Mart last night to pick up a few things we needed for here at home presently and picked up a few things for the trip! I was so loving him even more for that...less I have to pick up next week before we leave :thumbsup2

That's wonderful! What's the plan for the Thanksgiving meal? Publix will make the whole meal, you can just pick it up, but not sure what the cost is? We'll be at Vista Cay shortly after you. Have fun, so excited for you and your family!

Sandy

I'll have to give the Wal Mart at Florida Mall a try as I actually didn't realize there was one there! I usually go to the Super Wal Mart on Turkey Lake Rd., and it's not too far away either. I LOVE the Publix too and find their specials amazing! Who can resist their 2 for 1 specials, and the convenience of having it so close is a plus!:thumbsup2

I'll have to give the Wal Mart at Florida Mall a try as I actually didn't realize there was one there! I usually go to the Super Wal Mart on Turkey Lake Rd., and it's not too far away either. I LOVE the Publix too and find their specials amazing! Who can resist their 2 for 1 specials, and the convenience of having it so close is a plus!:thumbsup2

Apologies, the Wal Mart is actually closer to Vista Cay than Florida Mall, my DH corrected me. It is at the intersection of John Young Parkway and Sand Lake. Sorry for the confusion! It is newer and has more selections than the one at Turkey Lake, so definitely try it! The quickest way is to take 528 (Beachline Expressway) toward the airport, get off at John Young Parkway North, takes you right there. This is as per my DH, much better on directions than I am!

Sandy

Apologies, the Wal Mart is actually closer to Vista Cay than Florida Mall, my DH corrected me. It is at the intersection of John Young Parkway and Sand Lake. Sorry for the confusion! It is newer and has more selections than the one at Turkey Lake, so definitely try it! The quickest way is to take 528 (Beachline Expressway) toward the airport, get off at John Young Parkway North, takes you right there. This is as per my DH, much better on directions than I am!

Sandy

Thanks Sandy..you have been so helpful!

Sandy

Oh I know exactly where that one is! I will have to give it a try as it is really close with that 528 right here! You're like my DH. I'm VERY familiar with the area as I'm always the navigator, and DH gets behind the wheel but would be lost without my "turn left here, turn right here". Absolutely LOVE Vista Cay's location. We have stayed much closer to Disney before, but with the 528 and I-4 being so close, I can be at the Disney parks in mere minutes.

Oh I know exactly where that one is! I will have to give it a try as it is really close with that 528 right here! You're like my DH. I'm VERY familiar with the area as I'm always the navigator, and DH gets behind the wheel but would be lost without my "turn left here, turn right here". Absolutely LOVE Vista Cay's location. We have stayed much closer to Disney before, but with the 528 and I-4 being so close, I can be at the Disney parks in mere minutes.

Yep, my DH says if I say go right he should go left, if I say go left, he should go right, LOL.

It definitely is centrally located to all of the attractions, and easy access to 528 and I-4! Especially if you are doing a variety of things on your vacation, you are so conveniently located at Vista Cay.

Sandy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter