Tell me about your US/IOA 2014 October trip!

V2000

DIS Veteran
Tell me about your October 2014 Universal/IOA trip!

How was the weather on your trip? Did you go during the day on a horror night? What was the crowd level?

How was your experience with the WWoHP in October?

What would you have done differently?

Or just share your trip in general! I would love to hear about it. :listen:

We went last Oct (Mid Oct) and were there a sun-tue. Weather was great (we were in orlando for 10 days) until the last day when it started pouring about 5pm and was still raining when we left the next morning. We did HHN on the Sun and the whole day in the park. It was fairly busy but not crazy. We did not have EP as we stayed in Cabana Bay (which was great!). HHN was amazing, loved it! If you want to see multiple houses you need the express pass for that. I was only interested in one house so we did rides and spent time in the fun scare zones. We stayed and waited for HHN to start but still by the time we got to the house I wanted to see we waited an hour (not sure how that happened we were in the zone closest to it but seemed to be let out later than some other zones!).

Crowds got crazy in Diagon Alley. The only good time was the early morning hour. After that it was insane and hard to move around. We spent each morning there and rode Gringotts several times. The rest of the parks were hit and miss crowd wise. We rode Mummy many many times with no waits but sometimes there were long ones (45-60 min). The parks closed earlier than we would have liked. We basically went full steam from open to close to do everything we wanted to do and still did not do or see everything.

We were there 17th -24th October 2014. We stayed at Cabana bay and used early entry twice (7am at Universal). We thought the crowds were low. We tended to be there for opening and got lots done then left to swim. We don't do the big coasters. Outside hp Minions had the longest line but we never waited we did it on opening. We did 2 early entry mornings in diagon alley - rode gringotts with no wait one day, second day it was down. One day universal opened at 8am so we got the first train to I of Adventure at just before 9am and did hogsmead and forbidden journey with minimal wait. Weather was hot 80 plus degrees and no rain. Back on October 14th this year for 10 nights. We did the golf and dine deal which was fun and good value (ate at margaritaville)

Crowds got crazy in Diagon Alley. The only good time was the early morning hour. After that it was insane and hard to move around. We spent each morning there and rode Gringotts several times. The rest of the parks were hit and miss crowd wise. We rode Mummy many many times with no waits but sometimes there were long ones (45-60 min). The parks closed earlier than we would have liked. We basically went full steam from open to close to do everything we wanted to do and still did not do or see everything.

Thanks for sharing your experience! What day did you go to Diagon Alley? Sunday?

Thanks for sharing your experience! What day did you go to Diagon Alley? Sunday?

We went to Diagon Alley every day we were there! Each day we started there with the early entry. This way we saw everything without the crazy crowds that grew as the day went on. We used the train quite a few times to go between parks but it is not always the fastest way! I think now tho they have changed the early entry a bit and either alternate parks or have both open? I would go in Oct again to do the halloween stuff and really the crowds were perfectly manageable in all the parks we visited on the trip.

We were there Columbus Day weekend-Thursday 10/9-Mon10/13. It was our first trip to universal and ds9 really wanted to see both of the Harry Potter areas. Did not do HHN as I was there solo with 3 young dc. Did 7am early entry to Studios and Diagonal Alley on Friday. Would have ridden Gringotts if it had not broken down. We were able to ride it later right before closing. Saturday we did regular opening at IOA and rode Forbidden journey right away with no wait. Weather was gorgeous and we took Sunday off to hang at pool and go visit friends in the area. We moved at a somewhat slower pace since we had a 3yo with us. I would have liked one more park day after our rest day, especially since the parks close early for HHN. I felt that DA and Hogsmeade filled up quickly and became very crowded but the rest of the parks were not bad at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter