Tell me about your Upgrades...?

For our upcoming trip we had reservations to stay at ASMo. Well, a couple of weeks ago I got an email from Disney saying we could upgrade to SSR or OKW at no additional charge. I just knew that could not be so...I mean that would be a HUGE upgrade. I called and sure enough we got to upgrade to a 1 bedroom villa at SSR and it didn't cost us anymore money and we still got to keep free dining. I asked the CM over and over if it was a free upgrade and if we still got free dining. She kept saying yes. I know she probably thought I was crazy but things like that just don't happen to us. So, in about 6 weeks we will be enjoying our very first Disney upgrade. I can't wait to stay at SSR!!!

We've been upgraded three times -- from standard view to water view at BC, and upgraded to concierge twice--once at WL and once at Poly. It was truly magical each time.:goodvibes

I booked standard view with the discount rate of $189 at AKL just a few weeks ago. When we arrived they had upgraded us to Savannah View, 2nd floor, Zebra Trail. It was wonderful and a great surprise!!

Last December I took my mother in law on her 1st trip to WDW. I splurged and booked us at the Boardwalk. When we arrived the CM at checkin informed me that we had been upgraded to concierge.
It was a real treat.

I got an upgrade once on my b-day - treated myself to the Grand Saratoga Springs(instead of AKL or Wilderness or Coronado) and they upgraded me from a standard to Concierge - very nice treat! Thanks to my daughter who couldn't stop talking about how excited she was about my "birthday" trip :) !

This past May, I was upgraded from All Star Sports to...THE YACHT CLUB!!!:cool1:WHAT an UPGRADE that was!!!:wizard:I only stayed 2 nights, but it was enough for me to Fall in love with the resort!:cloud9:
HOLY COW! Wish I could get an upgrade like that :goodvibes !

I got an upgrade once on my b-day - treated myself to the Grand Saratoga Springs(instead of AKL or Wilderness or Coronado) and they upgraded me from a standard to Concierge - very nice treat! Thanks to my daughter who couldn't stop talking about how excited she was about my "birthday" trip :) !

Do you mean the Grand Floridian? :confused3

There's no concierge at Saratoga Springs, as it is a DVC-only resort.

The only "Grand" at Saratoga Springs is the Grandstand section of the resort.

In December 2007 my family and I got upgraded from a Club Level Garden View room to a Club Level Lagoon View at the Polynesian.

Last year we booked a garden view room at the GF and were upgraded to an MK view room! We knew from the map of the building that we received at check-in that we would have a lagoon view, but when we entered our room and peeled back the curtains to our balcony doors, we were absolutely thrilled to see the castle! :cloud9:

Last Feb I booked a garden view at the Poly with an AP discount. We were upgraded to concierge with a Magic Kingdom view. We loved it. My daughter loved it so much she asked for the same room for her 16th Bday trip. Then I saw the rack rate for that room:scared1:! The only way I could stay in it is if I won the lottery!

It may not be a "big" upgrade, but it was our first free upgrade...

The last night of our July trip this year (after a week at POR), we were booked for a basic woods view room at WL, and when we got there, they upgraded us to a bunk bed room. My boys absolutely loved it! It was right around the corner from Roaring Forks, and super close to the pool. We loved it!

I've heard that upgrades upon arrival are more common with shorter reservations... not to say it won't happen with long stays, but this is just what I've heard. My scenario proved it!

Has anyone ever had a resort upgrade upon arrival?

We were upgraded on arrival from Contemporary standard room(not in the tower) to a pool/lake view in the tower. It was magical. Another person staying there that week was also upgraded from standard room to tower MK view. She wa also told at check-in.

Last year we booked a garden view room at the GF and were upgraded to an MK view room! We knew from the map of the building that we received at check-in that we would have a lagoon view, but when we entered our room and peeled back the curtains to our balcony doors, we were absolutely thrilled to see the castle! :cloud9:

I'm still SO jealous of that upgrade!
Hopefully that same pixie dust will fall upon us next Wednesday!

Just got back from a week at Disney and was upgraded from Pop Century to Port Orleans-Riverside! Wonderful surprise!!! :yay:

These stories really are awesome, and I think it's amazing that there truly is no catch to this and that it just happens! YAY for Disney Magic! :wizard:

We were upgraded to Savannah view from a regular view at AKL. And a Courtyard view from a woods view at WL. The upgrade at AKL was awesome. The upgrade at WL was ok, we just happened to like our Woods view from our other trip better. It was closer to the lobby which was nicer.

Kae

My upgrades were not at a Disney hotel but rather at the Swan. last year we booked 10 days with a limited view but when we arrived we were upgraded to EPCOT view with a Balcony. Every night at 9:00 we could watch illumiNations from our room. It was also very nice to wake up in the morning walk out on your Balcony and see Spaceship earth and the Boardwalk. Some people say the Swan doesn't have that Disney feel to it but if that view doesn't give you a disney feel I don't know what would.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter