Tell me about your DROID phone

I have a Samsung Galaxy 4GS. I love it. I love all the choices you have with phones with the android platform. My phone has a huge screen and it's a good speed. The only thing I don't like is how many of the apps I like on my iPod, are either unavailable or not android friendly.

I have a droid and would get one again. I like the slide out keyboard. I like that I can access the internet and the screen size is ok. I do find it painful sometimes to make a call. It may be fat fingers, but sometimes it takes me a couple of tries. I could learn to use speed dial though :rolleyes1

I have a Droid X2 and am satisfied with it. I bought it for the large screen and the Google integration (being able to edit Google documents, sync with google calendars, etc is my favorite thing). However, one thing that is strange is I can't set it to autosync with my Gmail account, I need to manually sync it. I don't think that's a Droid issue because everything I've read says you can do it, but the posted steps don't match my phone.

After I purchased it and found out about all the customization you can do (different launchers, different texting apps, etc), I'm sold on Droid.

I generally get 24-36 hours out of my battery. I don't use it for streaming, or heavy internet use (although I do like having the net).

While I would get another Droid, I don't know that I'd get another X2. I'll have to see what else is available.

I got a Samsung Droid Charge a couple of weeks ago. I got it at Sam's Club for a third of the price of the wireless provider. So check that (or Costco, or other third party retailer) for a better deal.

I love it. I had a Blackberry previously. My wife got a Samsung Galaxy many months ago and I had phone envy ever since.

I passed on the slide out keyboard. Many reviews and comments from the sales people was that the vast majority of those who wanted it, found they were never using it. The Charge has the 4.3" screen, bigger than most. Forward and rear facing cameras. HDMI connection so I could hook it up to my HDTV. Nice!

Suggestion for you if you do get a Droid. Check the OS version and for possible updates before you load anything else. My Charge came loaded with 2.2, and I upgraded to 2.3.6. Better OS, more features, more stable, etc. But do it first, because upgrading the OS loses any other installed apps. Royal P.I.T.A.. So that would be my one gripe, but I knew in advance.

My DH and I had Droid Incredibles and loved them but after a year they both started dying very slow deaths. When the 2 came out DH's company stopped supporting the Incredible so he had to get a new phone. The screen on my Incredible cracked around the same time.

We both got Thunderbolts. They were pretty similar to the Incredible but larger. At first I liked it but it started getting fickle on me. Since it was 4G the coverage was horrible, worse than just 3G. I live in Southern New Hampshire and we have spotty 4G coverage and the Thunderbolt doesn't switch gracefully between the two.

I agree with other posters, I had it in a double case (silicone and hard plastic with a Zagg screen protector on it). I bumped it against the counter, not hard but just right, and shattered the screen.

Since I wasn't crazy about it because the coverage was just horrible I got an iPhone4 instead. I LOVED the iPhone now. I won't go back. There was a big learning curve but I have an iPad and love it. I am now waiting to get a MacBook this Spring!

With the Incredible I would have said hands down Droid but not so much anymore.

Mine and my daughters Motorola Driod's constantly freeze up.

Well, I called Verizon about the problem this AM before switching her to a back up phone. The tech lady was wonderful and walked me through updating the system and everything is working hunky dory now. I also did the procedure to mine. 1x per month take the battery out and reinstall, then dial *228 and select "reprogram". I guess it reboots the little computer in the phone and installs updates. The tech lady said Verizon recommends all smart phone users do this reguardless of brand.

I have a Droid Samsung Vibrant. I like it except for the gps. It won't work at all in Europe. It never locks on the satellites. It sees them, but never locks on. The camera is great, however.

Well, I called Verizon about the problem this AM before switching her to a back up phone. The tech lady was wonderful and walked me through updating the system and everything is working hunky dory now. I also did the procedure to mine. 1x per month take the battery out and reinstall, then dial *228 and select "reprogram". I guess it reboots the little computer in the phone and installs updates. The tech lady said Verizon recommends all smart phone users do this reguardless of brand.

Really?? I've never heard this, is this something that is supposed to be done on all Droids?

OP I have the Droid X and LOVE it! I got it in Feb 2011 so I've had it almost a year now. It does freeze up but I can pop out the battery and "reset" it with no issues. I've never had a huge problem with my Droid and it's by far the best performing phone I have ever had. Before with any phone I'd love it for about 6 months and then I'd start thinking about trading it in......I haven't seriously considered trading the X in once, I've sort of considered it but not seriously. DBF has a standard feature phone (not a smart phone so no internet etc) but he has an iTouch, I got it for him in Dec 09, in April 11 we had to replace it and I just replaced it again on Tuesday night! Now I know a Touch is not the iPhone but really it basically is......I'm glad we had the protection plan on his Touch, otherwise I would have had to buy a new one.....he doesn't like my Droid, he would prefer an iPhone when he's ready to upgrade but I think it will be a while yet, he isn't excited about paying a bigger cell phone bill. lol :)

ETA~Battery life, I listen to music on my phone every single day at work. I have to charge it at about 2 pm after having it on since 7 or 8 (depending on when I start my work day), that charge will last the rest of the day/evening and then I plug it in again at night. I have the docking station and can't recommend it enough! I love that docking station!! I also have a live wallpaper which drains battery life. When we go to DL I normally turn off the live wallpaper and my phone stays charged all day, even using the wait time apps I have for the parks. :)

After using the Droid platform for almost a year now I don't think I would go to an iPhone, I am comfortable with the way the Droid works, like how it feels and the features it has. I have friends with iPhones who swear by them but for now I'm a loyal Droid user. :)

Just upgrades to the Droid Razr and absolutely luv it and haven't found anything I dislike about it.

I have it also and the only thing I hate is how big it feels in my hand. Almost like it's a "man" phone and not a "woman" phone - lol However the big screen is great for videos and games etc.

As far as android etc -This is my second Android phone and I absolutely love it. II have no desire to get an iPhone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter