• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me about you Honda CRV

I have a 2004 model. We bought it new four years ago and have had no problems with it at all! It has solid mileage and great handling. Overall I've just found it to be a perfect fit!

My only complaint (and it's minor) is that when I went to the bank I had to open the door because the window was up so high I couldn't reach the tube container. Then again, I'm pretty short. My DH could probably have reached it.

LOL, that's exactly what happened to me at the bank. Even though I had test driven several CRVs I hadn't noticed the high windows until I tried to reach the tube at the bank. Because of the high windows, I can no longer reach the credit card thing at Sonic either.:rotfl2:

I have a 2001 CRV EX. It has around 96K. I got it used. I have had a issue with the axle of one of the wheels, and the air conditioner compressor went out. Both of these were covered by the extended warranty that we purchased. I am not sure if I am going to keep it after the warranty expires, or upgrade to a new one, I am sure that the trade in would be pretty good or I could sell it myself pretty easily. I don't really like the look of the new ones, I can see alot better out of the back of my old one.

Also, my insurance on the 2007 CR-V only went up a little bit from my 2001 Civic. I couldn't believe it. I guess those great safety ratings helped out there.

Great point I forgot to mention. We still had full coverage on our 98 Nissan Quest, and our insurance actually went down when we replaced it with our 08CR-V. I was very pleasantly surprised!

i'm thinking of getting one in the next year as well. i've heard great things about it from a coworker of mine who has one. i really like the new look. i definitely need it for snow, so that's why i'm looking for a new car. glad to hear that it really performs well in the snow!

my cousin just got rid of her acura mdx for a honda pilot. she started having transmission problems with her acura after only 2 years. for what it's worth.

I bought my 2007 in Dec. '06 and love it.
I have the EX AWD. THE only thing I would change if I could is to have heated side mirrors ....that is only on the EX-L.
I didn't want the leather seats........too hot in summer.
I'm totally happy with my CRV and don't regret buying it.

I'm in the minority. Soon after we bought ours in 2001, a rock hit the passenger door window, breaking it. When the glass man took apart the door to replace the window, I saw the lack of space between the door and the road. It scared me. The car had less than 30,000 miles on it and we traded for a Ford Windstar.

I bought my 2007 in Dec. '06 and love it.
I have the EX AWD. THE only thing I would change if I could is to have heated side mirrors ....that is only on the EX-L.
I didn't want the leather seats........too hot in summer.
I'm totally happy with my CRV and don't regret buying it.

Me too---I would have liked some of the features on the EX-L but didn't want the leather (would have loved the power seat). I have an '08 and it was such a great choice for me.

Originally Posted by alliecats
Also, my insurance on the 2007 CR-V only went up a little bit from my 2001 Civic. I couldn't believe it. I guess those great safety ratings helped out there.

Great point I forgot to mention. We still had full coverage on our 98 Nissan Quest, and our insurance actually went down when we replaced it with our 08CR-V. I was very pleasantly surprised!

I was also amazed with the insurance premiums---I thought for sure it would be a deal breaker. It's only $20 more every 6 months than my 1995 NEON! It's awesome.

I have had my 2008 CRV EX-L for about 3 weeks. I have the taffeta white with gray leather interior. It has the bug-guard and vent visors. I absolutely LOVE it!!! Previously, I had a Nissan maxima. The interior room is about the same but it is so fun to drive. I do wish it had the automatic headlights. I got spoiled with them coming on and going off by themselves. As for insurance, it went up only $4 every 6 months from my 2000 Maxima. I was thrilled!!!! Currently, getting around 25-26 mpg but I am not very far from work. I would buy it again in a heartbeat! I have had so many compliments. Good luck with your decision!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter