Tell me about Yak and Yeti

Yak and Yeti's is great! the atmosphere is really cool and the only complaint i had was that it was so cold in there. i know it's supposed to be air conditioned, but it just made going back outside in the heat that is Animal Kindom, that much worse. My camera lens fogged up as soon as i stepped outside.

Get the serbert, but if you don't like coconut, have them take it off the raspberry, that's the only thing i would have changed.

Yak and Yeti has joined Le Cellier and Ohana as my favorite TS restaurants! Last time, I had the steak and shrimp (delicious) and my Brother-In-Law had the new kobe beef burger. The kobe beef burger was absolutely amazing - it just melts in your mouth.

For desset, I had the fried wontons. They are filled with cream cheese and drizzled with a vanilla sauce. I honestly thought they were the best dessert I had the whole trip. The thought of them makes my mouth water.

In hindsight, I didn't really try any of the chinese dishes and stuck to the asian fusion dishes. The ones I had were amazing.

Thinking about trying Yak and Yeti on our next trip. I did look at the menu online, but I'm wondering what people have thought of the food and the value. What's the atmosphere like inside?

TIA! :)

The atmosphere is nice, and being in "Asia" it really suits the area. But most of us hated the food. Maybe *hated* is a strong word, but we found it really lacking.

Dined for lunch last week. Seated immediately at 12:30pm. Great service, great food, and one of the few places in Disney Parks to get draft beer (other than bud light). They have a Safari Amber made especially for Animal Kingdom by Anheuser Bush. We had the salad, and lettuce cups for appetizers, the crispy mahi mahi and sweet and sour chicken for lunch. All were absolutely delicious. We were extremely impressed by the quality of food. There was also lots of neat statues and stuff for kids to look at. It's in Asia and perfect after riding Kali River Rapids 3 times in a row. Will definitely do this one again, although we also love Tusker House Buffet in AK park, and Jiko in nearby AK Lodge.

This place is one of my favorites..

Last time, my sister and I got the ribs. Now, I did feel a little funny getting ribs in a asian restaurant, but they were delicious. We split the entree because there was no way in heck either one of us could have finished the whole thing. Huge portion.

Try the fried cream cheese wantons for dessert..comes with this yummy vanilla type sauce with strawberries, pineapple and a cup of ice cream.:thumbsup2

I think it depends on what you order. The first two times I ate there I was not impressed. However, due to all the good reviews it gets here on the DIS I decided to give it one final try before writing it off my list. Well the third time was the charm. I ate there Oct 4th for lunch and had one of the best meals of my entire trip. I was on the DxDDP and ordered the lettuce cups for an appetizer. They were sooooo good, I could have made a meal on just them, so really hated to send about half of them back. That was one huge platter and I wanted to save room for my entree and dessert though. The ribs with chicken fried rice were wonderful. The waitress told me to make any substitutions I wanted and asked if I was OK with fried rice. The rice was good, but the ribs were wonderful. I don't like eating foods with my fingers, so simply sliced down next to the bone on each rib and the bones just fell out, until I was left with a huge pile of meat. I am a very big eater, but no way was I eating that huge platter of food. I had the sorbet trio for dessert, which was a perfect finish.

Saying all of that, there was a large table across from me. Everyone else was happy with their meal, but one man, who sent his food back three times. He complained that the mahi mahi tasted too fishy, that the broccoli in his steak stir fry wasn't cooked enough, and that the Kobe burger (new on the menu that day) didn't taste like real Kobe beef. Of course, this was only after he had eaten half of it.:rotfl: Anyway, he insisted that he wasn't paying for any of it. I know he really gave that poor waitress a hard time of it the entire meal. What was bad, was that she was training a new waitress that day.:rotfl:
Evidently, this man has never seen the movie "Waiting" ..very funny movie but now I don't send anything back.:lmao: They do a not very nice thing to this grouchy lady's steak:sick:

And isn't Mahi Mahi supposed to be mild tasting as far as fish dishes go? Sounds like this fool should just stick to chicken fingers and pizza.:sad2:

It's nice to see such good reviews for yak and yeti. I recently upgraded my dining plan to the deluxe plan and added this on as one of my ADR's. I was uncertain about tusker house (loved it as a CS) and yak and yeti. Looks like I made the correct choice.:thumbsup2

I just tried Yak and Yeti for the first time on Sunday and was very pleasantly surprised by how good it was!

It's not authentic Asian, so if you know what to expect you'll probably like it. I'd call it Americanized Pan-Asian.

Our server, Tami, was wonderful. The atmosphere and decor is really neat - a mesh of Thai and Indian to me.

We shared the Pot Stickers, Egg Rolls, Fried Green Beans, and Ribs. I'm not a pot sticker fan but they seem ok. The egg rolls were very good - much better than your typical local Chinese joint. I loved the Fried Green Beans. But the standout item was the Ribs. They were so tender and the meat just fell right off the bone.

I'll be doing a more in depth review later for my food report, but for now just know that I thought it was great and I would highly recommend it!

So happy yo see all the great reviews. We have ADR's for April amd I am really excited to be trying it. The pictures are wonderful! Does anyone have a picture of the Kobe Burger? My DD is going to be with us and she loves good beef.

AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :scared1: Sorry I had to scream! Just yesterday morning I found out I can no longer have wheat or any gluten containing products. That means I can't have my pot stickers or wonton dessert. I just realized it when I read Cbg1027's post. Crap! For the love of all that is good in this world PLEASE let the ribs be gluten-free. PLEASE! I've got my contact info and all already but I never thought about my pot stickers until now.

Thank you for letting me vent and whine in your thread.

AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :scared1: Sorry I had to scream! Just yesterday morning I found out I can no longer have wheat or any gluten containing products. That means I can't have my pot stickers or wonton dessert. I just realized it when I read Cbg1027's post. Crap! For the love of all that is good in this world PLEASE let the ribs be gluten-free. PLEASE! I've got my contact info and all already but I never thought about my pot stickers until now.

Thank you for letting me vent and whine in your thread.

I would call the restaurant directly and speak with a chef. They will be able to tell you what is gluten-free. Depending on what the pot stickers are wrapped with you may still be able to eat them. If they're all rice wrappers you'd be in the clear.

Mmmmmm.........Yak & Yeti!!!! One of the best meals of our trip last month and the home of my favorite adult beverage in all of WDW - the Yak Attack!!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

This was a VERY pleasant surprise for us on our recent trip. Everything from drinks and appys to dessert was great! DH & I had the steak and shrimp, and DS got the ribs. Next trip...I am going for the ribs!

This may be a silly question... If the Animal Kingdom closes at 5, can you not get dinner here?

This may be a silly question... If the Animal Kingdom closes at 5, can you not get dinner here?

I just called to ask about this for our trip next May - the park will be open until 6PM but they told me Yak & Yeti would close at 5, with the last seatings at 4:45PM.

I would call the restaurant directly and speak with a chef. They will be able to tell you what is gluten-free. Depending on what the pot stickers are wrapped with you may still be able to eat them. If they're all rice wrappers you'd be in the clear.

Thanks! That's what I'm planning on doing. Sadly the pot stickers aren't wrapped in rice paper but I'm going to see if they can make some in race paper for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter