Tell me about: Wolf Gang Puck's Cafe (Table Service)

2angelsinheaven

Loves making dreams come true!
I am considering dinner here, we are on the DDP so the price is not a concern. I'm looking for reviews, suggestions, etc. Thanks! :thumbsup2

We had a great experience here. I am a vegetarian (lacto-ovo) and at all the Disney restaurants there is usually one veggie option on the menu. Here there were many. First my sister and I split a cobb salad with with egg, bleu cheese, tomato, avocado etc. It was absolutely HUGE. I also had ravioli which was outstanding, great flavor. The service here seemed above average to me as well. I just loved this restaurant if you can't tell! The only thing that disappointed me was that they don't accept the DDE, not that you'll be using it since you're on the DDP.

Wow, those pictures looked great. I think this place is a winner, is it very dressy or is casual ok? My fiance' tends to shy away from "foo-foo" places in his words, and with the prices he thought maybe it was. Also how is it for kids (10 year olds)? Was thinking of inviting my little brother but may not if it's too fancy...=o)

I love Wolfgang Pucks Cafe. We have dined here 2 times and we will go back princess:
I think both times I got the Dip and Sushi. Yum!
The Creme Brulee wasn't the best though. I would get a different dessert next time.

2angelsinheaven said:
Wow, those pictures looked great. I think this place is a winner, is it very dressy or is casual ok? My fiance' tends to shy away from "foo-foo" places in his words, and with the prices he thought maybe it was. Also how is it for kids (10 year olds)? Was thinking of inviting my little brother but may not if it's too fancy...=o)

There are 2 parts to the restaurant. The upstairs is formal and the downstairs is casual. We did dress nice though, but I think you would be fine in shorts and a t shirt. I think a 10 year old would be perfectly comfortable there.

Does anyone know if both the upstairs and downstairs are included in the DDP or just the Grand Cafe' and Express?

We ate at Puck's, the downstairs sitdown restaurant twice on our 3 week trip. We chose it for our last day as we wanted to do something special that day.

I cannot reccomend it enough. I had the Butternut Squash Soup and Pumpkin Ravioli both times and upgraded to the Flourless Chocolate Cake for dessert the second time. It was the best food I have ever eaten in my life and I have eaten a whole lot of food!! :rotfl2:

The downstairs restaurant was casual chic with a great view of the resorts and the lagoon. I was also impressed with the tv monitors that showed what was going on in the kitchen.

I am frugal and am planning on going back to eat here on our next trip even if we have to pay for it!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Beware if you order the chicken though as it is a WHOLE chicken. I was told that a teenager is the only one they had seen eat the whole thing at one sitting. :cool1:

Slightly Goofy

Well we had dinner here on Thursday and it was a hit. We ordered the Calamari and Crab Cakes for our apps and for our entree we ordered the Wolf Steak, I didn't notice that it came with fries (which were pretty good) but I would have ordered mashed potatoes instead had I noticed. For desert we got the Carrot Cake and the Choc. Fondue. Wonderful food and service. It was a whole TON of food as well, we figured it would be smaller portions due to the type of place it was but they were the largest I've seen in awhile and much larger than those we had at 50's Primetime. I had I known this in advance we would have split this meal. A thumbs up from us!

Total was around $130, we were on DDP. Great deal. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter