Tell me about these Hershey Resturants

ArielRae

DIS Veteran (NJ)
What do you think about these resturants in Hershey?

Tudor Grill & Café Zooka

What do you think about these resturants in Hershey?

Tudor Grill & Café Zooka

Not familiar with Café Zooka, but Tudor Grill is awful. Food i lousy and service is quite slow. It's been a while since we've been there last, but from past experiences I would not risk it.

Not sure what you are looking for but Cafe Zooka is tiny...it is a small deli type restaurant in the Hershey Museum...it tends to get pretty crowded and as far as I know they do not take reservations...you wait in line to order food...no waitresses...imo it is alright for a quick grab if you are already at the museum but it is not worth an extra trip. Also it tends to be a little more expensive.

You must be looking for places at the Hershey attractions?

The Tudor Grill is just before the walking entrance Hershey Park. Nothing special, except that it is the only table service location at the Park. As PP mentioned, Cafe Zooka is in the Hershey Museum. Netither one is terrible, but certainly nothing to make a trip for. Do you want recommendations in the Hershey area, or specifically within some of these attractions?

As a side note...if you are looking for a restaurant near the museum...Houlihans is right next door to the museum within walking distance...I have always had a great meal there.

Tudor Grill is nothing special. If you want a nice meal, eat at the hotel or the lodge. There are also some good restaurants in town if you don't mind leaving the tourist attractions.

Two I really like are Cocoa Perk, which is next to the movie theater, and Breads N Cheese, which is on Chocolate Avenue, which is like the main street in town. Both have very nice salad, sandwiches, and other lunch items. Also, I can't remember the name of it, but next to Breads N Cheese there's a nice pizza shop with good hot sandwiches as well.

Was just curious about these resturants cause it said that tudor was a table service and the cafe talks of having a chocolate tasting.

What quick services would recommend in the park? Who has the best food?

As a side note...if you are looking for a restaurant near the museum...Houlihans is right next door to the museum within walking distance...I have always had a great meal there.

I was going to suggest Houlihans'. I think you can exit HP through the ZooAmerica entrance and walk to Houlihans'. Another place that would be a very short drive is Red Robin at the Hershey Outlets. One thing about the Hershey owned restaurants is: the ones at the Hotel Hershey and Hershey Lodge are very good. The ones at Hershey Park and Chocolate World (except the bakery and ice cream shop) are lousy. I'm not sure about the ones at the new Hershey Story, I haven't tried them yet.

Cafe Zooka is overpriced and not very good.
Tudor Grill, well it's food and it's edible, but not anything special.
In the park - Minetown is good with lots of options, as well as what's in what used to be San Giorgio Pasta, right near the Great Bear, they have really good food. Most food venues in the park are pretty decent.

Outside of the park - I highly recommend to anyone visiting Hershey who want a nice dinner (or even a great $10 lunch), check out Devon's Seafood Grill, simply the best seafood!

Houlihan's is decent, I like eating at Fennici's, Hershey Pantry, Cocoa Grill, the Warwick (in Hummelstown) and of course, the old standby, Red Robin

So if we decided to leave the park to grab lunch at red robins how much of a pain will it be to get back and find a parking space.
We will be going the weekend of fathers day.

Someone mentioned walking to hulihan's. Can you tell me in more detail how to get there walking from the park?

Editing to write: Is hulihans right next door to the hershey museum?

Houlihan's is right next to the museum - I'm not sure if you leave from the Zoo America exit, can you then reenter the zoo and get back into the park, I'd assume yes, right?

Anyways, so when you leave the zoo, you'll see Houlihan's from the zoo, it's over the bridge and on the right handside, very easy to find! (walk up Park Avenue towards 422)

I don't think I would leave the park mid day to go eat at Red Robin, that would be a lot of hassle, leaving the park, going to eat, coming back, re-parking, etc...

Houlihan's is right next to the museum - I'm not sure if you leave from the Zoo America exit, can you then reenter the zoo and get back into the park, I'd assume yes, right?

Anyways, so when you leave the zoo, you'll see Houlihan's from the zoo, it's over the bridge and on the right handside, very easy to find! (walk up Park Avenue towards 422)

I don't think I would leave the park mid day to go eat at Red Robin, that would be a lot of hassle, leaving the park, going to eat, coming back, re-parking, etc...

I haven't been to HP in many years, but you used to get your hand stamped on the bridge between HP and ZoA to allow you to reenter. ZoA used to be free for HP guests, but going there was considered leaving the park so you did have to get your hand stamped. I'm assuming that now a days you don't need to get your hand stamped anymore, but I'm not sure about that.

Did some searching and I found they have a free shuttle from Hershey's choclate world to the hershey museum. I figured we can take the shuttle and just walk over to the resturant then walk back to the museum to catch the shuttle back.

HS_Shuttle.jpg

FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE from
HERSHEY'S CHOCOLATE WORLD
Now you can get from one sweet place to another, compliments of the Chocolate Avenue Shuttle! This service is free to guests visiting Hersheypark and Chocolate World. The shuttle's drop-off location is directly behind The Hershey Story, The Museum on Chocolate Avenue.

The shuttle is climate-controlled and has a 14-passenger capacity. It is handicap accessible, with an ADA-compliant wheelchair lift. *Shuttle hours vary

Another really good restaurant is the Parkside Bar & Grill. That is right down from Zoo America. It looks like a biker bar, but the food is really good. A lot of locals hang out there.

Houlihans is great and right in the same building almost the same entrance is Devons Seafood Grill which is awesome! Cafe Zooka is okay, but I wouldn't make a special trip there. Other really close restaurants would be Fenicci's and Chocolate Avenue Grill almost directly across the street from Houlihans. They both have really good food and reasonable pricing. Devons offers a Power Lunch menu that is to die for and was way too much food for me to eat. Love their food!! If you take the shuttle from Chocolate World to The Hershey Story, you get dropped off at the bus center and it's just a short walk across the bridge to any of these retaurants. Inside the Park there are a lot of options such a Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs, Minetown Restaurant, Country Grill, Famous Famiglia Pizza, Kosher Mart, Mixed Grill, etc., etc., etc. They also offer guests a Meal Ticket deal which can be used at any of their eateries for about $12 that can be used at most of their food venues and you get a 32oz souvenir cup with it...which was great...we just kept filling the cup with water! Oh, and I've eaten at Chocolate World and always found that anything I had was actually pretty good...it's a soup/sandwhich/salad/pizza court...but their cookies are to die for!!

Are there any rides in the park where they will not let me ride with my fanny pack (waist pack) on?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter