Tell me about THE WAVE

mrsmav

Mouseketeer
I have an ADR there - thinking of changing it.

Tell me the pros and cons -

we are staying at BLT - so the location is a pro . . .

We really liked The Wave. I was impressed that the food and atmosphere were like a "real" restaurant. For a moment we forgot we were at Disney. Maybe that's downer for some folks, but travelling with two little kids it was a welcome change in our week to feel we were in a "regular" restaurant not in a restaurant that catered to children. The decor is simple and modern. The food was healthy, delicious and well-executed. Desserts were "trios" (3 desserts) joined by a "theme" but all different. We had the lamb and the beef and both were good (especially the lamb!).

We both gave it a :thumbsup2

We thought the restaurant and lounge were beautiful - however we didn't care for the food. None of the four people in our party thought their food was exceptional - just okay. There wasn't a lot of flavor for me. I had the pork and it was just like eating plain meat - nothing special. The desserts were good though

We loved it. It was a nice, welcomed change to the typical Character meals and all you can eat meals we typically do. And my kids (5 and 8) loved it too. We have another res there for our next trip.

We've done both breakfast and dinner at the Wave. Both were excellent & I would highly recommend it. The omelets at breakfast are HUGE and were great, as was the smoothie. Everything at dinner was great as well . . .the only thing I didn't care for was dessert, but I'm not a very adventurous dessert eater. I agree with the other poster about how it feels like a non-Disney restaurant, which I actually like :)

We loved our dinner there! The food was cooked perfectly, and the CM was probably the best we had at dinner the entire week.

The only con (it's a weird one) was the straws were made of paper, not plastic. It sort of left a weird taste in our mouth when we would take a drink. :confused3

The Wave was great. Our family went and was impressed. Delicious food, quiet, relaxing atmosphere and as stated previously , forgot we were at Disney. A true dining experience without characters and noise.

We ate there twice, both for dinner, and the food, service and atmopshere is just amazing and more like a signature restaurant than a regular TS

We (I) have a rule - no more then 2 times at any restaurant until we're tried them all but the Wave is making life very difficult. BEST MEAL EVER for both DD and I. I strongly recommend it!!!!

We have liked it on two visits for dinner. We'll be back there this July.

I agree that the paper straws are irritating. Also, I don't think the atmosphere is anything special.

The first time we went (shortly after it opened), we had a terrible server who really irritated me and was not professional. But the food was good, so we went back. The second time, our server was excellent.

this was MY FAVORITE meal of our trip Feb 2010! We also ate at Narcoosees and Cali Grill and I liked the Wave the best- best food- best service- it was really pretty inside too. The kids agree with me- best meal hands down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter