Tell me about the Radison next to the port...

I like it. I've stayed there several times before cruises. The port is almost across the street.

The rooms are large, ours have always been clean and the pool is nice. They also make a mean marguarita at the pool bar! :thumbsup2

We have stayed there 2 times and both times we LOVED it. the first time we were in the back area. This past Nov we were right behind the bar by the pool I was worried about the noise and the band by the pool keeping us up but they didn't. The pool is the best part, beautiful. and don't forget to eat at the italian resturant next door. awesome lasagna.

We will be staying again next time we cruise I wouldn't go anywhere else. If you book feel free to email reservations a few moths before your cruise and get your name on the free shuttle list. we were on the 10:30 and at port in no time and on the ship group 2. can't beat that.

we'll be staying there for the first time this may. We booked an online deal for $107 includes parking for the week and the shuttle over to the port.

do we have to book the shuttle back? I forgot about that?

We stayed in Nov and loved it there. The only problem we had was that the shuttle was late that morning. They took the first family on the list over to the terminal in a smaller van, unfortunately we were the 2nd family on the list. We still got there in plenty of time, but we like to get there really early. You can get your name on the shuttle list when you make your reservations. I did not know this, but asked about 5 months out and they put us on it.

We stayed in January. The rooms were nice as was the staff but it was very loud very late. The pool area closed at 11PM and people continued to make a ton of noise in the area until about 2:30AM despite 2 call to the front desk. I was not happy since we were planning on having our party stay there the night before our wedding on the Magic in September. Also you will be up first thing in the morning because the walkways are brick and the rolling suitcases were loud at 6am.

has anyone booked the hot deals where you pif when you book? I booked on 2/6 or so and they still haven't cahrged me, yet my reservation is still there.

I am booked at this hotel in July ... we do not want to get to the port early would you still advise making our shuttle reservation ahead of time? Also what is the deal on the return trip? We will have the later breakfast but we really would like to get on the road as soon as we can.

I would love to know the deal with the return trip as well, I booked this hotel for June, and already booked my shuttle reservation for 10am- I want to get to the port early.LOL

I called and was told i couldn't book the shuttle reservation, just to tell them when we checked in:confused3

When I made my reservation a couple weeks ago, I must have been talking to someone in a call center type of situation and not someone who was working the front desk because when I asked to be put on the shuttle list, she told me to call back a week before our arrival. Yeah, right! :laughing: I said, "Okay," hung up, and called right back and asked for Guest Services. I got on the 10 AM shuttle! :banana:

We're staying at the Radisson the night before our cruise, but will be arriving late - probably around 10 pm. Does anyone know if the pool bar is still open at this time? Also, any restaurants nearby that would be open this late??

Thanks!

When I made my reservation a couple weeks ago, I must have been talking to someone in a call center type of situation and not someone who was working the front desk because when I asked to be put on the shuttle list, she told me to call back a week before our arrival. Yeah, right! :laughing: I said, "Okay," hung up, and called right back and asked for Guest Services. I got on the 10 AM shuttle! :banana:

Yeah, we booked online, and then called the number on the confirmation for the shuttle reservation.:goodvibes Good luck all!!

We arrived about 10:30pm, and the front desk had some menus, just ask when you check in. we had no car so we ended up just going next door and getting Subway sandwiches and bringing them back to the room since we were all exhausted by that point.

YUM! Sound good! Any other good restaurants that are close? (Within walking distance--we won't have any transportation.)

Italian rest on one side of parking lot, "family type" rest on the other side of parking lot. McDonald's (with indoor playground) across the street. Sushi place (I think) across the street. All within very very easy walking even for little kids. We stayed in a suite- so very nice and big and clean. pull out couch wasn't very comfy, but my 5 year old didn't mind.
We could see the port from our window- Carnival Boat was blocking our view of other ships.
Email then for shuttle- I did and got 10 am res. No problems they were very nice.

This is where we're planning to stay so hearing more about it is great =)
The girl friend is a big fan of Italian food, what's the name of the place nearby?

We have stayed there 2 times and both times we LOVED it. the first time we were in the back area. This past Nov we were right behind the bar by the pool I was worried about the noise and the band by the pool keeping us up but they didn't. The pool is the best part, beautiful. and don't forget to eat at the italian resturant next door. awesome lasagna.

We will be staying again next time we cruise I wouldn't go anywhere else. If you book feel free to email reservations a few moths before your cruise and get your name on the free shuttle list. we were on the 10:30 and at port in no time and on the ship group 2. can't beat that.

we'll be staying there for the first time this may. We booked an online deal for $107 includes parking for the week and the shuttle over to the port.

do we have to book the shuttle back? I forgot about that?

Hi Lilly...You may want to check the rules for the rate you got. We are paying $139 for our one night stay that includes the parking while we are on the cruise. I just checked to see if the rates went down at all and I saw the $107 rate listed. It was pay in full but no parking was included. You may want to be sure you are getting parking. I wouldn't want you to get there and be surprised...

Hi Lilly...You may want to check the rules for the rate you got. We are paying $139 for our one night stay that includes the parking while we are on the cruise. I just checked to see if the rates went down at all and I saw the $107 rate listed. It was pay in full but no parking was included. You may want to be sure you are getting parking. I wouldn't want you to get there and be surprised...

Thanks - I have an email from the GM that states ANY rate does include the cruise parking. I printed that bad boy out - !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter