• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me about the Halloween party and is it worth the money?!

DaughteroftheKing

Mouseketeer
We are newbies to Disney and will be there during MNSSHP.

Is it REALLY worth the price of the tickets??
Is it at MK after the park closes or what?

I just don't know that we want to spend that much money (isn't it like $50 per adult?)? But then again, maybe it is some FABULOUS thing that we absolutely must do. :confused3

It is absolutely fabulous and you don't want to miss it.

The park closes at 7:00 pm and goes till Midnight for ticket holders. There is a special parade (in my opinion it's WDW's best one), special fireworks, special character meet and greets, trick or treat trails with lots of candy (for adults too) and the guest number is limited so ride lines are shorter.

Why miss it? It's very cool.
-Sarah

The MK closes early at 7. Only the people who have the tickets can stay after that. This will be our first time to go to MNSSHP but I loved the PPP that we went to a couple of years ago and this is supposed to be even better. Plus how often do you get to dress up and go trick or treating now as an adult? They say the best part is the parade and fireworks, which you can catch both on youtube.

Thank you for explaining! I will watch the youtube videos and probably go ahead and buy us tickets to it! Fun, fun :)

I agree, this party is so much fun! I love Halloween and they really do it up right! The parade is greatness and who doesn't love trick or treating? =)

We absolutely loved MNSSHP!!!:cool1: The atmosphere is super cool and the parade is fantastic!

If you are a lover of parades and fireworks, then I would highly recommend MNSSHP for those features alone. :thumbsup2

Me and DH went last year on our Honeymoon, no kids of course, and we had a blast. If you want to dress up do, there are lots of adults who do.

I, personally, think it's fabulous and it's a do not miss event for us.

One of the servers who works at my local watering hole was surprised by her husband with a trip to Disney World at Halloween two years ago. First trip for them both. They are HUGE halloween fans and got married a few days before halloween.

They did the MNSSHP, and got to wear their bride and groom ears; they absolutely loved it. They are going back next year, and taking their new daughter, Ella, so they can dress her up. She will be almost two next year. They loved it so much, they want to make it a tradition in their family....

We thought it was just ok. It was mobbed so I don't see how tickets are limited in anyway. Lots of candy? Not. They did give out a couple of rolls of sweat tart type candy as we walked out of the gate, otherwise, we didn't walk out with any extra candy.

It was mobbed. Did I say that? It wasn't even Halloween when we went. The parade was cute--what we could see.

The biggest highlight was that the rides really seemed to be empty, when you could get through the crowds.

Didn't seem worth the extra money.

We thought it was just ok. It was mobbed so I don't see how tickets are limited in anyway. Lots of candy? Not. They did give out a couple of rolls of sweat tart type candy as we walked out of the gate, otherwise, we didn't walk out with any extra candy.

It was mobbed. Did I say that? It wasn't even Halloween when we went. The parade was cute--what we could see.

The biggest highlight was that the rides really seemed to be empty, when you could get through the crowds.

Didn't seem worth the extra money.

Ugh. :headache: See, it's reviews like this that totally confuse me. I just posted a poll about staying an extra night at CSR vs. doing MNSSHP. I think if it were just me & the kids, I wouldn't be bothered by the mobbed-ness, but I hate to drag DH through something that isn't worth all $150 and have us all lose an extra night of vacation, kwim?

Oh- I definitely think it's worth it! My mom and I go to WDW every year around Halloween. . . first year we didn't go to the party "eh, why would we want to do that??" As they kicked us out of the parks we were so bummed - it looked like so much fun! The next year we went - ON Halloween - and as a previous poster said, if you like the parades and fireworks, these are absolutely worth it. We did get tons of candy (mom even took some home on the plane she got that much). We didn't go last year, but imagine will go back this year. I think we'll do it every other year. . .

If you can afford it, please don't miss it. I agree with OP that the parade is Disney's best. The later you stay, the better it gets because many people watch the first parade and the fireworks (which are great too) and then leave. There are many candy stations around the park and a treat trail that starts in Mickey's Toontown Fair. Characters from Alice in Wonderland are sprinkled along the trail. There is a show that features the Villians that happens three different times. They stick around afterwards. When else can you meet all the villians?

My advice is to concentrate your time on doing the "party stuff" and not the "must-do" MK rides. I assume you'll be spending other time there during your trip, so enjoy the Halloween stuff during the party. If you acomplish all you want to Halloween-wise and there's still time, by all means ride until your heart's content! The lines will be short. Have fun!! I'll be there on 9/25!!

Go to wdwinfo.com and search for halloween. There is a copy of the map you are given as you enter the party.

I was very excited to do MVMCP at Christmas, and ended up feeling like it was a total waste of money. It was so crowded we never did get to see the shows we wanted to. We even got to Twas the night 45 minutes early and still got shut-out. We ended up riding rides - which were walk on- but not worth $400 for my party of 8. We could not see anything at the parade and the "snow" was a joke. It was very light and only lasted a few moments (20 seconds?). To make matters worse, when we were back at MK a few days later ALL the "party exclusive" shows were playing for the general public.

I really want to go to MNSSHP, but am afraid of a mob again and wasting $500, as there are 10 of us this year.:sad2:

I was very excited to do MVMCP at Christmas, and ended up feeling like it was a total waste of money. It was so crowded we never did get to see the shows we wanted to. We even got to Twas the night 45 minutes early and still got shut-out. We ended up riding rides - which were walk on- but not worth $400 for my party of 8. We could not see anything at the parade and the "snow" was a joke. It was very light and only lasted a few moments (20 seconds?). To make matters worse, when we were back at MK a few days later ALL the "party exclusive" shows were playing for the general public.

I really want to go to MNSSHP, but am afraid of a mob again and wasting $500, as there are 10 of us this year.:sad2:

I totally understand that, but I have to say when I went there was really no crowd at all, but we did go end of September so maybe it hadn't ramped up yet. Every ride was a walk on and the shows were great as well as Hallowishes being awesome! We got right up front for the castle show and we got there right before it started. For the parade we got there probably 30 minutes early and just sat and ate our candy while we waited. =)

I went to MNSSH about 3 years ago and it was great. It's crowded at first because you have people leaving the park while MNSSH ticket holders are entering the park. However, after it all clears out it's a lot of fun. The lines are a lot shorter than during the day. In the later hours, you pretty much don't have to wait on any of the rides.

I remember walking directly onto Splash Mountain at around 10pm. There was literally no line at all. When the ride was over and it was time to get off, there was nobody waiting to get on. We asked if we could just stay on for another ride, but the cast member wouldn't let us.

I walked out of the gate with about 5 lbs of candy at the end of the night. Maybe they've cut back since. I'm heading back to MNSSH on Sept 25, so I'll let you know how it goes this time around! Regardless, I highly recommend it.

For you guys that went and it was so packed, did you go on the weekend or during the week? Maybe that had something to do with it. During the week is supposed to be less crowded.

I have never been, but ask yourself:
Do you like watching parades?
Do you like watching the firewlrks?
Do you like interacting with the characters?

If those are things that don't interest you, then maybe it is not for you.

The park closes at 7:00 pm and goes till Midnight for ticket holders. There is a special parade (in my opinion it's WDW's best one), special fireworks, special character meet and greets, trick or treat trails with lots of candy (for adults too) and the guest number is limited so ride lines are shorter.

-Sarah

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter