Tell me about the Fitness Center on the Fantasy...

shawy1269

Mouseketeer
DVC Silver
So can the fitness center be used as a regular gym? Im not really interested in doing any classes or anything. I just want to continue my workout routine on the ship. A bit of cardio with free weights and a few machines is what I require. Thanks!

They are available but you have to time your workout right. It gets very crowded in the mornings and it is hard to get a cardio machine. There also isn't much room for more than 2 people at a time to do free weights or you will be banging into each other.

Yes, it gets very crowded in the morning. They really should add some more free weights but they have plenty of machines. It's a pretty good gym, especially for a cruise ship.

DH got a treadmill at 6:30AM and it was full. It takes me longer to get motivated and by then it was useless to try. So, walking worked the best for us most of the time.

Be waiting outside when the spa opens. That's what I do!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

shawy1269 said:
What time does the Spa open?

6:30am. I fill up my water bottle at the drink station & I'm there by 6:20-6:25.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

What about late morning? I have no problem going to breakfast and doing a few things before going to work out.

I work for the company that makes the exercise equipment that they put in the Disney Ships. They use our all of our cardio Treads, Crosstrainers and bikes. They also use our selectorized equipment (Signature Series). As far as free weights they have a dumbell rack and a core section. If you want to look up the type of equipment go to lifefitness . com ... I was just on the Dream during Halloween and was so looking forward to working out but two weeks before vaction I broke my foot :cool1:

Have fun and try not to eat to much.

If the treadmills are full, don't forget there's always the option of running around the ship on Deck 4. On the Magic/Wonder, its about a 1/3 mile loop. I think the Dream/Fantasy are slightly longer.

ChloroFiend said:
If the treadmills are full, don't forget there's always the option of running around the ship on Deck 4. On the Magic/Wonder, its about a 1/3 mile loop. I think the Dream/Fantasy are slightly longer.

Dream and Fantasy are .4

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

ChloroFiend said:

Dream and Fantasy are .4

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Just finished a back to back on the fantasy and have no idea. Never occurred to me to go and visit the gym:confused3

On 4 of the 7 days I visited the fitness room (normally getting there @ approx. 7:20am during the week of November 3rd), there was not a single instance where at least two treadmills weren't available.

On one port day, I visited a bit before leaving port and I was the sole individual on a treadmill.

Vincent

i thought the fitness center on the other ships were slightly bigger and better- ditto for the lifting machines..

depending on how much of a diehard lifter you are the free weights (dumbells only) are very limited...

i was in the gym/fitness center almost everyday after my afternoon run, about 4:30ish....it was never more than 1/4 full...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter