Tell me about the Disney Visa Card

You can go to the BofA website and see the various offers they have.

I like that the one I have doesn't have an annual fee, so I save right there. Since I pay it off each month, I have no idea of the interest rate.
BofA Cash Rewards CC doesn't give me a special meet and greet opportunity at Disneyland.

When I looked at the websites for the Regular Disney CC, the Premium Disney CC and a Chase Disney CC....
Reward wise, the way I read it the BofA Cash Rewards CC is better.
I also like that the reward money earned with the CC can be cashed in for CASH. It's not money that has to be spent at Disney.

A few years ago I used an Alaska Airlines CC that gave you points towards air travel. 1 point for 1 dollar charged. It takes 12,500 to 20,000 points for a one-way ticket from PDX to Disneyland. Seats and good travel times were really limited. If I watch for airfare specials I can find a one-way ticket for $79 to $103.

I know the title of the thread is "Tell me about the Disney Visa Card" If anyone feels I've hijacked the thread please notify the mods and as for my posts to be removed.
I'm just trying to help others find a way to help save. By the way I have NO connections to BofA other than a customer. I'm a retired Radiation Therapist.

Geemo

Thank you for the reply.
It is a very informative post. I don't see it as a hijack at all.

Advice please -- I have my Disney Visa Redemption Card (gift card for purchases) in hand for my trip beginning Saturday (!!!!) :earsboy: I'd like to know how you use your card. Do you 1) just use it until the balance is gone to pay for things such as gratuity/alcohol/souvenirs; 2) charge everything back to your room and when your balance gets close to what is on your redemption card go to the front desk and pay off the current balance and then just keep charging back to your room to pay with a CC later, or 3) give it to the hotel at check-in and once the balance is gone go back to the front desk and provide a new card? Just trying to figure out what is easier... Thanks so much for your tips!
I do #2 when I go to WDW. It's so convenient to just settle-up at the end of my trip. I'm guessing you can do the same thing at a DLR resort, but I'm not sure if the charging to the room is the same at DTD. Someone here will know.

Advice please -- I have my Disney Visa Redemption Card (gift card for purchases) in hand for my trip beginning Saturday (!!!!) :earsboy: I'd like to know how you use your card. Do you 1) just use it until the balance is gone to pay for things such as gratuity/alcohol/souvenirs; 2) charge everything back to your room and when your balance gets close to what is on your redemption card go to the front desk and pay off the current balance and then just keep charging back to your room to pay with a CC later, or 3) give it to the hotel at check-in and once the balance is gone go back to the front desk and provide a new card? Just trying to figure out what is easier... Thanks so much for your tips!

One thing to keep in mind is that you will get the same 10% offers with the reward cards that you get with the Visa itself. So I would use it directly for places that you can get the discount. (Some shopping and dining locations). You won't get the discount if you charge it to your room and then pay it off.

I can't remember just how long we have had the Disney Visa but it has been a really long time and it is our favorite. We upgraded for the $49 and it has been well worth it.

The best way to make the card work to your benefit is to charge everything imaginable on it AND pay it off each month. My husband, son and I all have cards on the same account. We have been able to fund the majority of ours meals for our annual 2 weeks at the park for the last several years. In a little over a year this time we earned enough for our upcoming trip in May to pay for our four annual passes and cover our meals for a week.

Granted we do spend way too much money but we might as well be getting something back from it. We might be able to reap a slightly bigger reward from some other card but I find that if I get cash back I would spend it elsewhere so I prefer to go with the Disney card specifically so the reward has to go towards our Disney park trip.

I keep forgetting to take advantage of our free Character Meet 'N' Greet photo! Think I will make an extra effort to get one this trip. Also, good to get that 10% discount whenever you can. Adds up fast on dining and shopping. :)

We have the premiere card b/c I like the option of using it for airfare. We basically charge everything on it to build up points and then pay it off online before getting any interest. We did the special character meet and greet last year in WDW and it was Minnie and Goofy. When I signed up we got a $200 credit, not a gift card.

Does anyone know if you can transfer a balance from a different credit card over to a Disney Visa card?

Which Disney Visa did you get? (There's 2) I have the premier card (sorcerer mickey) which comes with the small annual fee but the point accumulation rate is higher. If you are going to accumulate several thousand dollars in expenses annually on it than it is worth the extra price. Before your trip, you have to call the specific Disney Visa number and they send you a disney rewards card which can be used for anything related to disney (food, hotel, parks, etc) I was shocked at how knowledgeable the people are that work exclusively for the Disney card.

There is no annual fee.
There is no annual fee for the regular card. For the Premier card it's $50.00. It's so worth it though. With the Premier you get 2% back on any Disney purchases, as well as anything spent at gas stations, grocery stores & restaurants. And you can redeem your rewards back as a statement credit against airline tickets that you've charged on your card. It's really handy because since your buying your tickets normally from the airline, there are no limitations or blackouts like you might normally find with credit card rewards. You can find the best flight for you based on airline, schedule & price & then just pay yourself back afterwards. One of my favorite features is you can go over your limit with no penalty as long as you pay it back under before your next statement processes. This comes in really handy if you're on a vacation & don't want to take time out to make a credit card payment. It will just wait until you're back home, but your spending won't get shut off.

We have the standard card (no annual fee and 1% rewards), but I was thinking of upgrading to the Premier ($49 fee, but double rewards in some categories.) Do they ever offer a bonus for upgrading to the new one? If there might be an offer in the future, I would hold off on the upgrade.
I'd call & ask if there is an offer now. When I upgraded, I just got a $50.00 credit to offset the annual fee for the 1st year. But, they weren't offering very good deals in general back then. For example, when I signed up for the basic card, I only got a $40.00 statement credit, not the $200.00 gift card people get now. So, they may offer better for the upgrade now too. But depending on how you use your card, you might make as much in the extra reward points over the next couple of months as you would with an upgrade offer. So, waiting for a better deal, might just end up the same.

Glad i found this. I was looking into a disney cc. Right now we charge everything to a capital one rewards card. We're using rewards to pay for our rental car.

We don't get to visit DL often, like every 2 years so I'm wondering if a disney card is still worth it.

Yes, just did this last October. I loaded my rewards card online, and then used it to purchase a DL ticket (also online) a few days later. :thumbsup2

thats awesome!! i just got approved lol and was checking out the website and all it showed in the rewards sections was childrens admission

Can you get a photo from the Card's meet and greet each day on a multi-day trip?
I know people have done this in the past. But I've never tried it myself. My group goes once a trip, and since the location isn't really all that special, once is enough for us.

I just wanted to update about my experience with the Disney Visa. We put over $500 (medical expenses) on the card on April 1st and about 3 weeks later we received our $200 gift card in the mail. We also paid off the card about 1-2weeks after we put the money on it. I was so worried about not getting the gift card in time for our June trip, but this was so quick and now we plan to use this card to buy our food and snacks we get in the parks.

I can't remember just how long we have had the Disney Visa but it has been a really long time and it is our favorite. We upgraded for the $49 and it has been well worth it.

The best way to make the card work to your benefit is to charge everything imaginable on it AND pay it off each month. My husband, son and I all have cards on the same account. We have been able to fund the majority of ours meals for our annual 2 weeks at the park for the last several years. In a little over a year this time we earned enough for our upcoming trip in May to pay for our four annual passes and cover our meals for a week.

Granted we do spend way too much money but we might as well be getting something back from it. We might be able to reap a slightly bigger reward from some other card but I find that if I get cash back I would spend it elsewhere so I prefer to go with the Disney card specifically so the reward has to go towards our Disney park trip.

I keep forgetting to take advantage of our free Character Meet 'N' Greet photo! Think I will make an extra effort to get one this trip. Also, good to get that 10% discount whenever you can. Adds up fast on dining and shopping. :)

We have the premiere card b/c I like the option of using it for airfare. We basically charge everything on it to build up points and then pay it off online before getting any interest. We did the special character meet and greet last year in WDW and it was Minnie and Goofy. When I signed up we got a $200 credit, not a gift card.

I'm a WDW vacationer so I don't know things about DL, but assuming things are the same......
I just recently upgraded to a Premier card and I'm so excited to be earning points faster. I did get the 50 points statement credit. I will say i got missed messages from the Disney Chase company. One person told me I just had to call them back if I decided and then when I called back the guy told me he can't give me the points, I have to upgrade online. So I did but......

What I wanted to bring out for a point is this......if I read this right...with Disney premier card you get 2% back on your WDW vacation packages! So for those of you taking the thousands of $$ vacations, this is a huge pay back for something you were already paying for. And it looks like whatever you purchase while on Disney property you earn 2% back. On the regular no annual fee card you get 1% back. So that was a nice surprise for me that I wasn't expecting. I knew food/gas was earning me 2% but not my actual vacation.

On the 6 months interest free for vacations.....if you want to take advantage of that, you really have to pay attention to your spending and paying and do the math or you end up paying off the vacation before the 6 months.....or worse paying interest because you didn't make a payment big enough to cover everything but the vacation that is interest 6 months free.

Like others said, I want to make sure I can get my Disney vacations in so this card works better for me.
However, if for some reason I do go on a different non-disney trip, the premier card lets me pay for my airfare with rewards $$ so that works for me too.

Happy deciding/saving/vacations!!!

We have the Chase Visa debit card so I'm not sure about earning the gift card but we do get the meet n greet at DCA. We did it last year and we saw Stitch but just before he was out it was Daisy. Basically you go to the special line for the visa cardholders, it was behind Mad Tea Party area, and you get to have your pic taken with the character. Then you go to the photo shop with the photo pass they give you or PP+ if you have it and pick out which one of the photos from the M&G you want to have printed off. You don't need to go to the photo shop right away, it can be done later in the day.

I was going to ask if the debit card works for the meet and greet because I don't have the credit card anymore, but still have the Chase Visa debit card. Glad to know that they will accept that one as well! I always used my credit card in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter