Tell me about The Anabella Hotel

To the person that sent me the PM, I am working on it. :) Since I don't have ten posts yet, the system wouldn't let me respond to you personally.

There is $10 fee to rent a crib. The second room in the Casita Suite is small, but a crib should fit with no problem. When you check in, make sure you let the front desk know you'll be having a crib in the second room as some of the Casita Suites vary in size.

Thanks I will do that. We are still debating on if we will lug our own pack n' play or not.

We are hoping for a great stay as we are bringing our whole extended family and picking the hotel for everyone was all on my shoulders! I hope it is a nice as our last visit. I have read positive and negative things about pretty much every hotel around Disneyland, so I am just going to hope the people around us are quiet and respectful as that is all based on luck, but can affect your trip greatly, such as what Ingrid0382 experienced- that pot room would have made me livid too as that smell makes me totally sick :sick:

I have read many experiences about the hotels around Disneyland being too noisy by people getting up early or returning late, but I have yet to experience this at any of the hotels. I think I am always too tired to hear anything! Or maybe I am that noisy person :rotfl:

...so I am just going to hope the people around us are quiet and respectful as that is all based on luck, but can affect your trip greatly, such as what Ingrid0382 experienced- that pot room would have made me livid too as that smell makes me totally sick :sick:

I wouldn't have even bothered with the hotel for people smoking pot, I would have called the cops first. And if the cops said "private property, talk to the hotel", then I would have "this is so serious I called the police first" to let them know I was serious.

And people can be noisy ANYWHERE! We heard people running by at the Grand (well, we SAW and heard them running all over...we were at the second to the last WORST room to stay in there, our walk from room to center of esplanade was the same distance as walking from the HoJo parking lot to the center of the esplanade, literally, so there was no one running by, LOL, there was nowhere to run to!), we've heard kids screaming and running at PPH, etc etc. One time at a fancy hotel in Vancouver BC we *had* the screaming baby in the middle of the night; DH had had a nasty cold before that trip and DS came down with it while up in BC, and it was a bad bad painful cold that made grown people, let alone 1 year olds, cry. Had nothing to do with the hotel, and I surely hope that no one called the front desk about it. What could they do? What could WE do? As it was, we spent ALL night taking turns carrying him and bouncing him and rocking him and hoping against hope he would sleep more than 5 minutes at a time...

Anyway, I'm just saying that people can be loud, and unless we're willing to see if the police can help, it really has nothing to do with the *hotel*.

Thanks I will do that. We are still debating on if we will lug our own pack n' play or not.

We are hoping for a great stay as we are bringing our whole extended family and picking the hotel for everyone was all on my shoulders! I hope it is a nice as our last visit. I have read positive and negative things about pretty much every hotel around Disneyland, so I am just going to hope the people around us are quiet and respectful as that is all based on luck, but can affect your trip greatly, such as what Ingrid0382 experienced- that pot room would have made me livid too as that smell makes me totally sick :sick:

I have read many experiences about the hotels around Disneyland being too noisy by people getting up early or returning late, but I have yet to experience this at any of the hotels. I think I am always too tired to hear anything! Or maybe I am that noisy person :rotfl:

I'm looking forward to your stay! If you send me a Personal Message with your dates and reservation name I'll make sure you have a fabulous visit.

I agree with you on the smell of pot. Yuck! The Anaheim Convention Center hosts the Kush Expo each year which is the medical marijuana show. As you can probably imagine, since we are right next door, it brings on a whole new set of issues. The Anabella is a non-smoking property .... no matter WHAT kind of smoke it is. :)

I wouldn't have even bothered with the hotel for people smoking pot, I would have called the cops first. And if the cops said "private property, talk to the hotel", then I would have "this is so serious I called the police first" to let them know I was serious.

And people can be noisy ANYWHERE! We heard people running by at the Grand (well, we SAW and heard them running all over...we were at the second to the last WORST room to stay in there, our walk from room to center of esplanade was the same distance as walking from the HoJo parking lot to the center of the esplanade, literally, so there was no one running by, LOL, there was nowhere to run to!), we've heard kids screaming and running at PPH, etc etc. One time at a fancy hotel in Vancouver BC we *had* the screaming baby in the middle of the night; DH had had a nasty cold before that trip and DS came down with it while up in BC, and it was a bad bad painful cold that made grown people, let alone 1 year olds, cry. Had nothing to do with the hotel, and I surely hope that no one called the front desk about it. What could they do? What could WE do? As it was, we spent ALL night taking turns carrying him and bouncing him and rocking him and hoping against hope he would sleep more than 5 minutes at a time...

Anyway, I'm just saying that people can be loud, and unless we're willing to see if the police can help, it really has nothing to do with the *hotel*.

Agreed. A lot of that is stuff the hotel can't really help. Bad hotel neighbors can happen anywhere. I stayed at the Desert Inn as a teenager and there were 10 of us (all teens). The hotel was dreading our visit, but we were all quiet and good the whole time, I know they were relieved!

Stayed at AnAbella this spring after numerous Hojo stays previous. Just myself and DH for this trip.

PROS: The walk to the park is very pleasant. The grounds are well kept. The pool is nice and having access to the bar from the pool was appreciated. The restaurant with the outdoor seating was very nice and the food was above average.

CONS: Room was of marginal quality and in dire need of updates. Bathroom area and closet were way too tiny. No real counter in the bathroom. TV was terrible, although admittedly we don't come to DL to watch TV. It is nice to be able to catch some news and sports highlights before bed though and the tv in the room was so terrible we quit trying. The BIG problem for us though was with housekeeping. We have stayed at many different hotels and have always returned to our room after lunch to find it clean and made up. Not here. Our room was still not cleaned at 430 pm! We were informed that the staff has until 5 pm to finish cleaning the rooms! Ouch. In addition we were told that the first rooms to get made up are the ones for new guests checking in which we found odd since we were unable to check in prior to 4 pm. We were told our room wasn't ready as housekeeping first attends to the rooms of already checked in guests. Didn't appreciate the contradictory information. Also found the staff to be largely indifferent.

Conclusion: would give this hotel one more try if the rate was super fabulous. Otherwise no.

Mabel, we've been upgrading our resort televisions to flat screens so if you visit again you shouldn't have issues with the tv. Hope to see you again soon!

In addition to Ingrid0382, can anyone else tell me how Anabella is compared to The Stovall's please?!? I have a res with the Stovall's. But then I found out Anabella has hardwood floor in their rooms (though not sure how many of those rooms have hardwood floors). I am NOT a carpet person, nor are my families. But Anabella would cost about $100 more for our 3 nights trip to DLR. The reviews on the Stovall's are consistanly positive whereas the reviews on the Anabella are mixed......

why is it sooooooo hard to find a clean hotel for my family to stay at????? *sign*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter