Tell me about Tendering

tchrrx

<font color=red>Blame it on the plastic cow I ment
If you want to get off at a tender port on your own, I assume you just get in line to exit the ship. When you are ready to return to the ship, is it fairly simple to find the correct line and tender back in?

Yes...they will give you either a ticket or time to go to the boats.

When you return, you just get in line for the boat. Remember to have your card ready to show them that you are part of the Disney cruise.

You will need to report to the theater to get assigned to a tender early on. They will group you and a CM will lead you to the gangway when it is your group's turn. Once there is no longer a line, they will announce open tenders and you can just go directly to the gangway. There will be a tent with the DCL banner and CMs, usually with water and cups available, at the tender dock. You will have your IDs checked before entering this area by security.

The process depends on the boat and the destination that you are going to, but generally tendering on Disney involves lining up in one of the common areas, then proceeding down to the tendering station.

Coming back is pretty easy as well. Just pay attention to where you get off. They check your key to the world card (as do other cruise lines) to make sure you are headed back to the correct boat.

I can't stand tendering...I'll stay on the ship that day, to be honest, unless there's an excursion I absolutely have to do.

Can you return to the boat at any time during the day? Or are there designated times that you cannot return until that time?

You can return to the ship on the tender boat at any time up until the last tender.

Depending on the port, they usually run every few minutes. We've never had to wait more than about 15 minutes to get on a tender. In some locations, due to the size of the tender, you might wait on it for a bit for it to fill up, but it's reasonably quick.

Typically they run in a rotation to and from the ship all day and there's usually more than one so when one is at the ship, one is at the port and then they pass each other shuttling to and fro. What you DO need to be very careful of is the last tender that leaves the port. It will leave prior to the all aboard time so check very carefully when you head off the ship and make sure you are there at least 15 minutes prior to the last one.

Depending on the port, they usually run every few minutes. We've never had to wait more than about 15 minutes to get on a tender. In some locations, due to the size of the tender, you might wait on it for a bit for it to fill up, but it's reasonably quick.

Typically they run in a rotation to and from the ship all day and there's usually more than one so when one is at the ship, one is at the port and then they pass each other shuttling to and fro. What you DO need to be very careful of is the last tender that leaves the port. It will leave prior to the all aboard time so check very carefully when you head off the ship and make sure you are there at least 15 minutes prior to the last one.

Well. sometimes it will leave prior.

I was on an RCCL ship where LOTS of the shore excursions arrived back at once. I took one look at that line to get on a tender and went to the bar for a beer. My friends kept saying "you better get in line" (the line went right pas t where I was happily sitting with my beer) After the line got down to "walk on" I got up and walked on.... This was past all aboard, but I knew they weren't leaving all those RCCL excursion guests LOL! And I somehow beat my friends back to the ship LOL! We still aren't sure how that happened!

Now I wouldn't push it getting back to the port, but there's not a need to stand in a huge line with half the ship either IMHO. Just hang out near the boarding point and get on the last tender :)

Dumb question --- can you get seasick on the tender boat (like, while waiting)? I don't usually take Bonine on port days, but I might if the answer is yes. :rolleyes1

I once got pretty seasick waiting for other passengers to load on to the Alilaguna in Venice...but that boat is pretty small.

Thanks.

They are small boats so you are going to feel the rocking more. I continue taking Bonine every day when we are on the cruise. You are going to have movement when the ship pulls out of port and it's better to have it in your system to prevent any problems.

They are small boats so you are going to feel the rocking more. I continue taking Bonine every day when we are on the cruise. You are going to have movement when the ship pulls out of port and it's better to have it in your system to prevent any problems.

Thanks. LOVE the Dis. Seriously learn something new for my trip every day.

Dumb question --- can you get seasick on the tender boat (like, while waiting)? I don't usually take Bonine on port days, but I might if the answer is yes. :rolleyes1

I once got pretty seasick waiting for other passengers to load on to the Alilaguna in Venice...but that boat is pretty small.

Thanks.

I did not have ANY problems while on the ship, at all. I took Bonine starting the night before the cruise. I was pretty good on the tender boat TO Grand Cayman, but for some reason (perhaps it was all the Rum Cake at the Tortuga Rum Store???) I was sick as a dog. :sick::sick:

I did not have ANY problems while on the ship, at all. I took Bonine starting the night before the cruise. I was pretty good on the tender boat TO Grand Cayman, but for some reason (perhaps it was all the Rum Cake at the Tortuga Rum Store???) I was sick as a dog. :sick::sick:

That rum cake will do it to you every time!

And you do feel the motion on a tender much more. I always try to sit outside as I find that helps me.

Keep your camera handy if you're tendering, I got some great shots of the Fantasy while tendering to Grand Cayman

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter