• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me about signing up for Jedi Training Academy

What is this mention of getting a FP when you sign up? We did the Jedi Academy once in 2014 before the change and I don't know any details about how it has changed.

What is this mention of getting a FP when you sign up? We did the Jedi Academy once in 2014 before the change and I don't know any details about how it has changed.
Apparently this is a new thing that they give you FPs for waiting in line and missing park time. I was surprised we got them when we got to sign up early.

My first post - but since this board was so helpful with tricks to make our very-last-minute trip a blast, wanted to report back here.

I had an 8:15 PPO breakfast at H&V this past Saturday (9am park opening). There was also Early Morning Magic at DHS this day. EMM line was let in around 7:45, breakfast line around 7:55. Both groups were able to sign up for JTA immediately upon entering (for us, before checking in at H&V) - no line and choice of any show. Also received paper anytime FP. While eating at H&V, we looked out the window and saw the virtual 'running of the bulls' at RD around 8:50 to JTA signups. Out of curiosity, we asked when we went to check in for our show, and they said that the guaranteed slots were all filled by 9:45am (took some wait list after that).

For our show, the front line of 'dots' that the kids sit on at check-in ended up being on the top stage and fighting Darth Vader and the back line (against the wall) fought Seventh Sister on the bottom stage. The CM ordered the kids from shortest to tallest within each line, but didn't make any of the kids switch lines.

My 6y/o daughter, who doesn't really even like Star Wars that much, said Jedi Training was her favorite thing all trip -- so totally worth it. And while nothing spectacular, the H&V breakfast wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. Not all that loud, the characters came around quickly, and the food was ok. In my book, was definitely worth the cost of super easy JTA signup (not to mention the value of an additional FP!!!).

My first post - but since this board was so helpful with tricks to make our very-last-minute trip a blast, wanted to report back here.

I had an 8:15 PPO breakfast at H&V this past Saturday (9am park opening). There was also Early Morning Magic at DHS this day. EMM line was let in around 7:45, breakfast line around 7:55. Both groups were able to sign up for JTA immediately upon entering (for us, before checking in at H&V) - no line and choice of any show. Also received paper anytime FP. While eating at H&V, we looked out the window and saw the virtual 'running of the bulls' at RD around 8:50 to JTA signups. Out of curiosity, we asked when we went to check in for our show, and they said that the guaranteed slots were all filled by 9:45am (took some wait list after that).

For our show, the front line of 'dots' that the kids sit on at check-in ended up being on the top stage and fighting Darth Vader and the back line (against the wall) fought Seventh Sister on the bottom stage. The CM ordered the kids from shortest to tallest within each line, but didn't make any of the kids switch lines.

My 6y/o daughter, who doesn't really even like Star Wars that much, said Jedi Training was her favorite thing all trip -- so totally worth it. And while nothing spectacular, the H&V breakfast wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. Not all that loud, the characters came around quickly, and the food was ok. In my book, was definitely worth the cost of super easy JTA signup (not to mention the value of an additional FP!!!).
Thank you so much for this. It is our exact plan for our Dec trip.

So when we go line up for the show, the kids can jump into whichever line they want? Am I hearing correctly that the line closest to the stage fights Vader?

Did it yesterday.

1. They were NOT letting H&V PPO sign up before breakfast, causing a few meltdowns at a Guest Relations CM.

2. We were at the gates at 8:15. When they opened up the far left queues for park entry, we were in first position at one of them.

3. We were let into the park at 8:45. We walked briskly to the Adventurer's Outpost, where a CM had people GET IN LINE. We were second in line. CMs hold signs directing the way.

4. We signed up for the 10:10 show in 30 seconds, basically. Got a free FP+ we were able to use for a second ride on Toy Story.

5. We then rode Star Tours twice before 9AM.

6. When we returned at 9:40 for our 10:10 show, the line was bananas. Late in the day they had a few stray spots for the 7:10 show, but they had closed the line at 9:30 and people waited an hour plus in line to sign up.

7. There was no way to "guarantee" fighting Vader over Seventh Sister. Yesterday, it happened basically based on height. The tall kids were herded to the upper platform, and the shorter kids to the lower. So if they handle it that way again, unless your kid is tall, he will get Seventh Sister.

I think with 7 they did it that way for PhotoPass, and it may also be that too many parents were trying to "ensure" Vader.

If you want to eat at H&V, do that, but know there's no guarantee of early signup.

Wow!!! What a difference a day makes. We were there the next day and also got there at 8:15 (45 minutes before park open) but were way back behind the turnstiles. When they let us in (around 8:45) we rushed to sign up and entered the line at Indiana Jones. The earliest time we could get was 2:40. We were through the line by 9:20 or so. They gave us the free anytime fastpass for our whole party, even those who were not waiting with us in line. The fastpass was good until 10/31 and we used several times since a few times they would not take it and just let us go. Our two kids were one of in the tall bunch but fought the seventh sister. We had fun and our kids loved it but I did feel like it dictated our day.

was just wondering the same thing.

We signed up for Jedi training yesterday, which was an EMH day - 8am EMH, 9am regular park opening. We arrived at 7:30am, were let through the gates about 7:45, then rope drop was about 7:58. Loads of people headed straight to the Jedi sign up place (next to Indiana Jones theatre), there was no signing up before Then. The line was huge - we were about a quarter of the way down it, and got to sign up at about 8:23. At the time the earliest show with space was the 10:10, which we took. We were given an anytime FP when we signed up. We arrived back to check in for our show at 9:35, and at that time the sign up line was still open, although I suspect only the very latest shows had spaces. They were taking forty kids per show. DS loved it, he did it before four years ago, and had a great time once again.

We signed up for Jedi training yesterday, which was an EMH day - 8am EMH, 9am regular park opening. We arrived at 7:30am, were let through the gates about 7:45, then rope drop was about 7:58. Loads of people headed straight to the Jedi sign up place (next to Indiana Jones theatre), there was no signing up before Then. The line was huge - we were about a quarter of the way down it, and got to sign up at about 8:23. At the time the earliest show with space was the 10:10, which we took. We were given an anytime FP when we signed up. We arrived back to check in for our show at 9:35, and at that time the sign up line was still open, although I suspect only the very latest shows had spaces. They were taking forty kids per show. DS loved it, he did it before four years ago, and had a great time once again.
thanks so much for the update. the wait kind of sucks but the any time FP+ would help ease the pain! I am hoping to get the 10:10 show so that is good news as well!

We signed up my son for JT on 10/18. We had a PPO at 8:15am. We were told at the entrance that we would have to wait until the park opened at 9am to sign up for JT, but when we got to the street that H&V is located on, we were told to go sign up for JT before breakfast. We signed up in less than 10 minutes and chose the 10:10am show. We went to breakfast and by the time we were back outside, the CM shut the line off for JT (9:20am)

I'm also curious if anyone has done a ppo breakfast for sign ups during a EMM event. I have read that it doesn't impact. My HS day is the same day as an EMM and am thinking if that's the case, sign ups will likely be open when we get into the park and I'm hoping they'll take PPO people as well.

At this point, the emm crowds are so small I can't imagine it impacts much. We did EMM this past Saturday and maybe 30 people were signed up. We strolled to jta and then strolled towards tsmm and didn't see a single person besides us going to sign up for jta. When our sons group left adventurers outpost at 11 for their show, they still had slots for the latest shows available.

We did it on Sat 10/29 which was an emm day. We had a PPO reservation at Hollywood and vine. We were able to sign up prior to breakfast and got a fast pass. After breakfast we got on toy story mania twice with super short wait. I also thought the food wasn't bad. All the reviews I read had me nervous. Both my kids got to fight Vader but there was no choice for kids at all. They were put in their place for the show by cm's. It could have been by height order but not positive.

Hi we did the Jedi training today. We took a bus from Pop and arrived at Hollywood studios at 8am. We had one group in front of us in line and at 830 they let us in. We walked over to the Jedi training and had at least 15 kids in front of us. We were able to get the first show of the day. We were done signing up at 845 and they gave us a fastpass for later. It was def worth arriving early.

At this point, the emm crowds are so small I can't imagine it impacts much. We did EMM this past Saturday and maybe 30 people were signed up. We strolled to jta and then strolled towards tsmm and didn't see a single person besides us going to sign up for jta. When our sons group left adventurers outpost at 11 for their show, they still had slots for the latest shows available.
Just to share....I walked into DHS at about 11:30 on Sat. I was visiting my dd, who works JTA, before heading home. I overheard a mom telling her child that they would go to get him signed up for JTA as soon as they got into the park. Well...I found dd, working the show, and told her what I had overheard. Her response was 'Well, good luck with that. As of 30 mins ago, we had a waiting list with 40+ people in it!' So, those slots fill up quickly!!

We went yesterday. Had a Hollywood & Vine PPO, which was necessary for us because my son does not move fast (I guess I don't move particularly fast either for that matter lol). It was crazy to see the crowd running down when they let RD people in.

We were allowed to sign up before breakfast. Once we went to the designated area, they told the kids to sit on a blue dot, either row. DS sat in the front row. He's an average height 7yo. There was one other kid around his age, and one around 11. The others in his row were little. The back row, by chance, we're pretty much all big kids. I don't think they ever put anyone in rows or moved them. The front row that DS was in went to the upper stage and fought Darth Vader. Back row went to lower stage and fought Seventh Sister. Some parents were talking about wanting to get Vader before the show, but no one made a deal of it once they came out.

DS did this when we were here 2 years ago and loved it. It's mostly the same, but evem better now, with a fun twist that I hadn't read about.

Just wanted to give our experience.

Sounds like they are still allowing JTA sign ups before a PPA ADR. I wasn't sure if we were going to keep our ADR since my kids are a little old for the characters, but it might be worth it for this. Anyone sign up successfully before a PPO these last couple weeks?

Here was our experience from this past Tuesday, 11/29:
We arrived at the park around 8:30am, and went straight over to JTA sign ups. We were well back in the line, like we turned left inside the Indy entrance, and walked until about 50 feet back from the first bend. It took about an hour or a little less to finally sign up. We got the 2:40pm show. When we showed up for check in, my DS picked a spot in the line closer to the rope, away from the building. He ended up fighting Vader. He was super apprehensive, but ended up really liking it. Although, he did kind of freeze up a bit when it was his turn to fight Vader. He loves Star Wars. He is just a giant 4 year old Chicken. Overall, it may have been the highlight of the trip for him. He's already talking about doing it again on our next trip. He just said that he needs to practice between now and then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter