Tell me about signing up for Jedi Training Academy

I am undecided what to do to be honest. I think she would enjoy H&V, but would enjoy JTA even more. H&V is a sure thing. JTA is a maybe if you are lucky thing. If I cancel H&V and then it rains or we get behind a school trip of 372 kids doing JTA at rope drop I will have gambled and lost. Maybe I gamble and keep H&V and hope there are accommodations made to allow you to have breakfast and JTA. A third option is to rethink my entire plan that morning and do something else if the goal of doing both H&V and JTA is not achievable just to avoid stressing and worrying about something as meaningless of if I made the right choice.
I'm in the same boat. I booked H&V pretty much to skip the crazy line at RD for JT. My dd does not do well in lines but wants to do JTA and the only way to compromise was to book H&V. I hear the food is awful but the consolation is that she does like Disney JR (but really, she's almost 7 so she's kind of outgrown it). At the time I made my ADR I heard you COULD just go sign up before you go to breakfast. Interested in hearing if this is true or changed. What about halfway through breakfast getting up and getting in line (but before RD ppl get in? Like what, 8:30am?) But that would still mean waiting. I realize my ADR only gets me breakfast.
To add to the fun, HS is having EMM the day I'm there. I might think about just cancelling H&V and doing that instead. As I've heard EMM people do get to sign up for JTA prior to RD (can someone confirm?)

Some of these Jedi Training sign up threads are really old. Starting a new one for current information circa Fall 2016.

There is a lot of conflicting information out there, some due to information being out of date.

Has anyone done a PPO breakfast at Hollywood & Vine and attempted to sign up:
(1) Before your ADR time?
Does that work if you have like an 8:00am or 8:15am ADR?
Do they allow PPO ADRs to sign up first somewhere?

(2) After eating, but before RD crowds are allowed in HS?
Do they allow the PPO ADR people to get over to Jedi Training sign up after a certain time (i.e. anytime after say 8:30am) or just whenever you are done eating?
Do they hold back the PPO ADR people, but still let them go to Jedi Training sign up just before the RD people?

How does this work? What did you do and how did it turn out? If you did get to Jedi Training sign up before the RD crowd, how long from there did it take you to sign up?

I really would love to get my kids signed up for Jedi Training AND still get over to Toy Story Midway Mania before or at least with the first line of RD folks. That may not be realistic, but I would at least like to know if I can get signed up for Jedi Training quicker WITH a PPO ADR than without. We really don't care about breakfast or the characters, just early access to Jedi Training and TSMM

The kids with me who fought the 7th sister didn't know who she was but were still so happy just to be able to do it. Instead of the parents throwing fits and then having their children think that's acceptable behavior, they should teach them to be happy for the opportunities they have.

Oh dear! I didn't mean to condone the behavior!! Adults should be adults - even at Disney World! I agree that the kids should be happy that they are at Disney World enjoying the Jedi training opportunity. I just think that Disney should understand that most children will not recognize the 7th Sister and that a lot of disappointment could be avoided by putting more popular characters in the program.

We just signed up. We had 8:10 at H&V for the littles. We got to HS just before 8am. When we checked in DS8 asked about JTA and we were directed to the sign ups. 2 people in front of us. We got the 10 (10:10?) show (arrive at 9:40). We also got 2 FPs good for 5 people for our group of 6. We are now eating breakfast and not stressed about sign ups, just all the noise :rotfl:

We just signed up. We had 8:10 at H&V for the littles. We got to HS just before 8am. When we checked in DS8 asked about JTA and we were directed to the sign ups. 2 people in front of us. We got the 10 (10:10?) show (arrive at 9:40). We also got 2 FPs good for 5 people for our group of 6. We are now eating breakfast and not stressed about sign ups, just all the noise :rotfl:

Awesome! So they let you sign up even before you were seated?

That is fantastic! Good to hear that my plans have a good chance of working out!

That's awesome! Our plan was to get seated and have dh hold the spot while dd and I slipped out to do the sign up. Our day is also on emm day so assuming sign up will be open by 8am.

Do you get to choose a timeslot from those still available or do you have to take what they assign you?

We have an PPO H&V breakfast Friday for the 4yo and 2yo. DS8 could care less about Disney Jr at this point but it so excited to try JTA. I really hope we can sign up or maybe DH can take ODS to the sign ups while the littles do the breakfast... separating DH from food is hard though...
Well it's not like the food is very good so you may not have a problem separating him from the food. Hopefully they have some yummy desserts so you can get your money's worth from the buffet

Awesome! So they let you sign up even before you were seated?
Yep. The CM at the corner directing us toward H&V said if we wanted JTA to proceed on to IJ area for JTA sign ups. Today is a predicted 8 on TPs so maybe they started early due to anticipated high crowds.
I took pictures but can't figure out how to attach them from my phone.
At 9:50 sign ups we're still happening.

Well it's not like the food is very good so you may not have a problem separating him from the food. Hopefully they have some yummy desserts so you can get your money's worth from the buffet
It was better than CMs last year. We all found enough to eat but it's not something we will rush to do again. We did see the RD crowd running toward JTA sign ups about 8:45am.

I'm also curious if anyone has done a ppo breakfast for sign ups during a EMM event. I have read that it doesn't impact. My HS day is the same day as an EMM and am thinking if that's the case, sign ups will likely be open when we get into the park and I'm hoping they'll take PPO people as well.

I'm kinda hoping that since I want a late show, I will be okay just doing RD. I have H&V for lunch because I want something specific off that menu, LOL.

Just FYI: a FB friend was able to sign up for Jedi Training before their PPO H&V ADR today.

ETA: saw that someone else posted the same thing.

I hope that the "regular" trend continues then, as we have been able to get through the gate with a PPO reservation, sign up, and then check in for our breakfast three times over the past year, so I have been getting really worried that this was being changed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter