Tell me about rum cakes?

DVC Jen

Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks.
Were are the best ones?

Can we carry them off the ship when we get back to Port Canaveral?

Are they really really strong? Will DH be singing to passersby?

You are going on the magic, so I am guessing you are doing the western???

In Grand Cayman they have the totuga rum cake factory. The cakes are fantastic, they are not strong, do not taste like alcohol. We love them. At Christmas time, we can get them at a stand in our local mall. You can also order them from the tortuga website. The rums are also good. You can taste before you purchase.

My brother, not a big sweet eater, lol, ate the entire cake I mailed up to him and his wife before she got home from work, lol, she didn't even get a taste..lol. Everyone else we sent them to loved them as well. They are really delicious.

There are many of the rum cake bakeries in Grand Cayman..one near the port, and one beside the turtle farm that I remember right off the bat. They sell the rum on the Magic.

They do carry the rum cakes onboard as well!!! Truly delicious! We had friends that lived on Grand Cayman for about 3 years and thoroughly loved it!
We have been able to find the Tortuga rum, but it is the rum liquer that is really good!

Have fun!!! :tink:

The last time we sailed the western we stopped at one of the Tortuga stores in Key West and sampled each one of their rum cakes - :thumbsup2

I think they had six different types - we bought a mountain coffee rum cake and was it ever tasty! We also shipped some home to our parents - share the rum-soaked, calorie-laden wealth, we always say!! :teeth:

Try some - I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter