Tell me about Primeval Whirl at Animal Kingdom

You will not have to pay extra for it. And if I remember correctly it spins on its own. I don't think the motion will cause you to get sick, it is not like spinning really fast on the tea cups. But then again I do not get sick on rides. I would like to add that it is a bit jerky and told my wife to avoid it because she had back surgery once and is sensitive to jerkey rides like this one.

You don't pay extra for it. Tea cup roller coaster isn't a bad way to describe it. You don't control the spinning...it spins on it's own. If I were sensitive to spinning rides I think I would avoid it.

I agree with patty, a Tea Cup rollercoaster is a good description, but it does jerk you around pretty good. I am a diehard thrill rider, and even I thought is was pretty violent in it's motion during sudden direction changes.

This was my family's least favorite ride from all 4 parks on our recent trip. We just thought the line moved too slow, and the ride was kind of pointless, but just our opinions.

I agree with patty, a Tea Cup rollercoaster is a good description, but it does jerk you around pretty good. I am a diehard thrill rider, and even I thought is was pretty violent in it's motion during sudden direction changes.

This was my family's least favorite ride from all 4 parks on our recent trip. We just thought the line moved too slow, and the ride was kind of pointless, but just our opinions.

I agree its not worth a long wait...Its usually our 2nd ride on our MK day because of the slow line...we hit EE 2 or 3 times, and then PW...we have never waited over 10 mins

It's reminds me of the Wild Mouse you saw in parks, but with a twist it also spins.

I'd recommend skipping it. My wife gets motion sickness, and Primeval Whirl bothered her more than Dinosaur, Tower of Terror, Everest, etc. It's not worth risking it, especially since it's a rough ride and not very exciting.

I'm not one for getting motion sickness or anything of the sort. BUT this ride was VERY jerky and the spinning got to me a little bit coupled with the jerkiness of the ride.. I'd say skip it definitely if you don't handle motion/spinning well.. I didn't feel so great for about 20 minutes after getting off of it and that's very unlike me!!!

I'm with the majority posters, don't do it. Our nephew wanted to while we waited for our fastpasses to Dinosaur after lunch. First of all the que was very slow moving for having two tracks going of the same ride,,,,and while it had a couple fans going, the que is outside and at the end of August it was hot! After a 30 minute wait that seemed like forever, the ride did not deliver. It was incredibly jerky and not much excitement as far as movement of the ride. My I was worried about crushing into his nephew,,,while my boyfriend and his nephew thought it was hilarious to crush me! Very anti-climatic. Won't do it again ever.
In fact I think they should get rid of the whole Hester and Chester and put in an aquarium and herpetarium to walk through. It will provide another air conditioned option, showcase more animals, and tie together dino land and the nemo show!

After hearing it be called primeval hurl many times, I was a bit nervous about going on it, but my youngest daughter really wanted to ride, so I did it.

It only spins a on a few loops and really isn't bad at all. I hate the tea cups, and it is really nothing like that. The drops are pretty small and fun. I was surprised and actually thought this was a fun ride. It really depends on how motion sick you are, if you are extremely sensitive, you could skip it, but otherwise, I think you could handle it.

Don't listen to the fear mongers, it's no big deal and lasts all of about a minute!

As previous poster stated however, the cue and load time are very slow.

I've been on the ride a couple of times and after going on it in the spring this year, I would swear that they've tamed down the ride. I was quite disappointed actually. It seems more like a baby coaster now. Not much spinning or jerkiness. Now the ride really seems pointless, but I wouldn't worry about it making you sick.

We didn't find the spinning that bad, but the jerking around and sudden stopping or shifting is what made us sick to our stomach. Our two kids are up for anything but they never ask to go on PW again.

I didn't mind the spinning. I was looking forward to a nice smooth spinning ride. I thought it would be fun!

However, with all the stopping and shifting, etc. reminded me of constantly being stuck in traffic and really slamming on the brakes!

Although the ride didn't make me sick, I choose not to ride it again because I did not enjoy the sensations that it offered.

Edit: The cars have four seats that are basically 2 and 2. There were 3 in our group, and I had a seat for 2 all by myself. That meant that I was jerked from side to side with my body landing on one side or the other of the car. I really think I would have been fine riding with another passenger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter