Tell me about Pixie Hollow

mom2dzb

Mouseketeer
I usually avoid the character interaction lines without difficulty but this time my 6 year old daughter will insist on Pixie Hollow. So . . . what should I know?

It's in Fantasyland, right? Is it open for Magic Mornings?
Is it open whenever the park is open, or does it open later/close earlier? Or, is it on a schedule?
How many fairies will we see at any given time? Is there a schedule as to which fairies will be there at different times of the day?
What is my best bet for hitting this with lower crowds?
How long might I have to wait?
Is the que entertaining?
Are there any specific tricks for getting specific fairies to interact?
What about my older boys? Will they enjoy it? Are any of the fairies "flirty"? (My oldest gets a kick out of that.)

Thanks for your answers!

I can't answer everything, but i'll try to hit on everything I can.

I think it opens an hour after the park opening, same as PFF.

When we went, we waited about 30-40 minutes.

The line is pretty cool, the "scenery" around it slowly gets bigger until all the plants and stuff are huge, to make you feel like you have shrunk down to pixie size.

We saw three fairies, one being Tink.

All three talked to us and asked questions, joked around. I don't know if they act differently for different people, it was just me and DH no kids or anything.

we got there about 9:00 and it was open today.
the line is super slow!!!
the time said "15 minutes" and looked short. we were there for almost 40 minutes!!! i guess its good though cuz the fairies really interact with the guest but it is super cute!!! most of the very's are so adorable like when i went for halloween, tinkerbell took me by the hand and led me to her photo spot!!! AMAZING!

I have lined up about 15 min before it opens and there are already people there. Like other posters have said the line will move slow because they interact with you so much. It is so fun though and DD5 loved it. I have been a couple times. Once only Tink was there and another time we got Silvermist and Tink and the most recent I had Tink, Silvermist and Rosetta. Only Tink is guaranteed. I think being there right at opening meant shorter line, but maybe not having all the characters in place.

Actually, Tinkerbell isn't guaranteed to be there either. I think she is there at least 90% of the time but I remember someone posting on the boards that they missed Tink as she was on a break. I think I've been there half a dozen times trying to catch all of the fairies and she was there every time I went. There is no schedule as to when each fairy is out but if you ask the CM at the door for a specific fairy, he/she will be able to tell you if she is scheduled that day. Pixie Hollow is usually open an hour or two after park opening (at 10am) and closes around 5pm (you'll need to check that day's schedule for the specific hours). There are usually 2-3 fairies out at a time, including Tink, Silvermist, Iridessa, Fawn, Rosetta, and if you are lucky, you'll catch Terrence. Silvermist and Fawn seem to be the most common next to Tink.

Like PPs mentioned, the line is very slow but I love looking at the scenery and the fairy houses, etc. Sometimes you'll even find ducks in the water and I think they are pretty entertaining :lmao:

dont forget Vidia is also there now is well!!! and you'll def need to meet her!!! she plays character sooooooooo well she's super funny!:lovestruc

Last year must Terrance was a must for DD. And he did not disappoint!

The first time through we waited (40 min. in the slow moving line) and he was not there. So I asked the CM at the exit or entrance when he would be there, and she pulled a schedule out of her pocket and told me when to come back. We returned at the time she recommended, and got to meet him.

The area where you wait is not really shaded, and I remember being pretty hot (waiting in the sun - and it was December). So just a heads up - if its a warm day be prepared.

From Halloween trip:
109_1486.jpg

109_1489.jpg

from today
109_1626.jpg

109_1628.jpg

dont forget Vidia is also there now is well!!! and you'll def need to meet her!!! she plays character sooooooooo well she's super funny!:lovestruc

From Halloween trip:
109_1486.jpg

109_1489.jpg

from today
109_1626.jpg

109_1628.jpg

Oooh...I had no idea Vidia is there now...probably because of the new Tinkerbell movie. Thanks for posting the pictures! I'm definitely gonna try to find her on our next trip (less than 2 weeks away!) :goodvibes

I finally took my daughter to see the fairies a couple of days ago.
Always avoided it... but the night before when we walked by we saw it lit up from the inside with the fairies long gone for the day so we got curious and went in to have a look. It was Super cute inside and my DD just thought it was awesome in there. SO the next day she BEGGED me to let her go in and meet the fairies.

WE actually caught the line short while the new Christmas Parade was going by, with only about 2-4 other families in front of us. After about 20 minutes of waiting, can you believe about 9 people came excusing themselves past us in line to meet up with people in front of us:scared1: Guess they were off watching the parade... luckily , for us, they must have been waiting for more cause when it was their turn they told us to go ahead of them.

My DD was shy with the 1st fairy,but when she saw Tinkerbell she lit up and they had the most AWESOME interaction! I had no idea what to expect. I am SO GLAD I had my video camera at the ready. The lady that plays Tink was so GREAT and has her character DOWN... my DD had her old babyhood stuffed dog with her and told Tink that the dog wanted to play hide and seek and that triggered about 10 minutes the 3 of them taking turns hiding and seeking. It was probably THE CUTEST thing I have ever seen, besides the musical chair interaction with Alice and the Mad Hatter. It ended with Tink and my DD making faces at the Disney photographer and just being silly.. the cameraman was cracking UP! Tink told my DD, "oh please come back and play with me again"... Both my DD and I were thrilled. It was all so spontaneous and Tink really ran with the idea my DD had to play the game.

So glad we went in. It was MAGICAL! :lovestruc

There is no schedule as to when each fairy is out but if you ask the CM at the door for a specific fairy, he/she will be able to tell you if she is scheduled that day.

There is a schedule, at least this is what I was told first week of November.

I was trying to catch all fairies too because I had done drawings of them which I wanted signed. The CMs were all very impressed by my drawing skills and kept telling me when to be back for whom. One CM even called me over when we were walking by because he had found out Rosetta would be there the next day and apparently she's very rarely out now.

The only one who's not on schedule is Terence, I was told he's called in whenever a fairy can't make it.

I can't praise the interaction there highly enough.
I was lucky enough to bump into Vidia first thing, and because she's new I was apparently concentrating on her too much. So Tink told me in the end: "I'll let you two talk, I'll wait over by the purple mushroom." and went off sulking. :laughing:

Another Tink remembered me after more than a year. "I recognize you, you're from Germany and you always have such cool pins!"

I had a little accident, so I was using a scooter for most of my trip. And of course just in Pixie Hollow the *censored* thing started beeping on me and wouldn't move - Tink came and tried to "fix it."

And Terence was just endlessly sweet. I was on my own for the first Halloween party, and he was so concerned because I was on the ECV and solo. Even got the photopass photographer from Tink's photo spot so that we could have a picture together. I told him not to worry about me because my room mate from Germany was coming in two days later.
Almost 10 days later we bumped into him again, and he at once went "oh hello again. So this is your room mate I heard so much about. I am glad you're not on your own anymore." and then focussed on Andrea (room mate). She was tickled pink by all the attention, and I was very impressed that he remembered.

We have gone a few times but our 'fairy' daughter, now 10, is not as enthralled with the fairies as she used be Tink and the gang :confused: so we have skipped the lines the last few times. But one thing we still do every time is see Pixie Hollow at night when the fairies are doing their thing. It is so pretty with the lights and water shooting everywhere. I guess it could be termed a fairy WOC. I would suggest you don't miss that too.

But one thing we still do every time is see Pixie Hollow at night when the fairies are doing their thing. It is so pretty with the lights and water shooting everywhere. I guess it could be termed a fairy WOC. I would suggest you don't miss that too.

I'm not familiar with this. What time/s does this happen?

We're a family of adults, so seeing fairies is not high on our agenda - but Pixie hollow is magical after dark. Last time we were there, noone but us was there - you watch the sparkly lights, then music starts and the fountains dance...it's so lovely! And you can go up into where the pixies are during the day and sit on their oversized flowers, or on their doorsteps - great photo ops with NO waiting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter