Tell me about Pirates League

Vacationlover01

Earning My Ears
We are going in December, and I booked a package for both of my boys (age 7 and 9). Just wondering if it is worth the time (and how long does it take anyway?). I'm planning to buy a couple pirate costumes after Halloween for them to wear that day.

Probably takes about 45 min, depends on which make up option they go with. Some are more complicated than others.
It's very fun and very much worth it. DGD has done it twice and probably enjoys it as much as she does going to BBB
It's rarely very crowded and they usually run on time, unlike the much more popular BBB

I did it with my 2 kids - took about a half hour. It was super fun - it was nice and cool in there, and all the "Pirates" working on the kids were really funny and sweet, and they really made them feel comfortable and special. It was a nice break for all of us in the middle of a hot afternoon, and both of them really enjoyed the experience. Everyone I saw being worked on looked like they were having a blast. There is lots of "YO HO"ing and pirate joke cracking between the "Pirates" who work there.

Both DS and DD did the experience and loved it. DS did the ghosted pirate and DD did the mermaid experience. From signing in to pictures at the end it took around 50 minutes and was well worth it. I bought DS a jolly roger tee and DD a teal sea creature tee shirt dress so they could feel the part but also be comfortable in September heat. Its been almost 2 years and they keep saying not only that they want to go back to Disney but they want the do the "pirate thingy".

I'm probably biased (see my signature; I used to sail with that crew), but I'd say it was worth it! Most of the looks will take about 30 minutes to complete, so with check-in, pirate names and pictures, etc. I would say plan about 45-60 minutes. You're going at a good time; it shouldn't be too crowded, but it'll still be lively. It's great fun; everyone there really enjoys what they do, and it shows!

My now 13 year old daughter has done it three times, once as a pirate and twice as a mermaid. She loves it and it asking to do it again during our trip in August. I'm trying to convince her that she's too old! Her twin brother did it once. He enjoyed it but didn't feel the need to do it again. The people who work there are great, they really stay in character. It's a nice dark space to cool off and I've never seen it crowded. It takes about 45 min total.

My now 13 year old daughter has done it three times, once as a pirate and twice as a mermaid. She loves it and it asking to do it again during our trip in August. I'm trying to convince her that she's too old! Her twin brother did it once. He enjoyed it but didn't feel the need to do it again. The people who work there are great, they really stay in character. It's a nice dark space to cool off and I've never seen it crowded. It takes about 45 min total.
No! The great thing about PL, they do adults too! I plan to go with DGD next time.

DS has done it three times and DD has done it twice and both myself and DH have done it as well. I have to say after watching the experience of BBB with DD twice she and DS loved Pirates league. It was far more engaging. When we did it as a family it was so much fun. It took about a hour at the most including photos at the end. I would do that again in a heart beat.

We've done it the last few times versus BBB. All three kids (boy and girls) can participate and enjoy it. The girls prefer the way their makeup looks versus how it looks after BBB.

We did it with my two nephews (4 and 7 at the time) and they both loved it! The entire experience was fun and they had enjoyed being pirates the rest of the day. We got great pictures too!

We went to WDW with friends and in total we had 4 adults and 2 ten year olds- we all loved it! It was fun to see our people in the chairs beside us, we were all taken one after another so got to stay and watch. We have fantastic pics and memories. One word of advice- bring makeup remover! We had a very tired unhappy boy when late at night we couldn't get his eye liner off :)

We went to WDW with friends and in total we had 4 adults and 2 ten year olds- we all loved it! It was fun to see our people in the chairs beside us, we were all taken one after another so got to stay and watch. We have fantastic pics and memories. One word of advice- bring makeup remover! We had a very tired unhappy boy when late at night we couldn't get his eye liner off :)
Not something many mom's/dad's of boys ever thought they's be saying :rotfl2:

We opted to do it (3 adults and a 6 yr old) as a group and, at first, no one was very "enthusiastic " but then we got our new names and something clicked. We all ended up having a ball! I haven't laughed that hard in years. Definitely recommend it.

Ooooooo...this sounds like fun! Pics anyone?
Is this something that books up fast?
I have to do more research....:surfweb:
No, it rarely books up. It's not uncommon to find them standing outside asking for guests to come in. Last time we did it we called that morning for our appointment. It does tend to book up more around Halloween as people combine it with their Halloween parties

We did it the day we were going to the Halloween party. My son's entire face was painted white- which drew a lot of unwanted attention as it was still a bright sunny afternoon and the MNSSHP was a few hours away. They told us not to get his face wet :eek: as it would ruin the paint. After about an hour we went back to ask for some makeup remover because he was super hot and wanted to ride Splash ( and would be doing it again several times during the party ). They were great, cleaned him all off and he still looked "pirate cool". Just sharing this as we hadn't thought about the heat/water factor beforehand. We had booked early afternoon so as not to miss precious party time....

Several of their all over styles don't lend themselves well to the FL heat, that's for sure. I think that's why they don't stay fully booked during some parts of the year.

No, it rarely books up. It's not uncommon to find them standing outside asking for guests to come in. Last time we did it we called that morning for our appointment. It does tend to book up more around Halloween as people combine it with their Halloween parties

Does the price listed on the website include tax? It list the Fist Mate Package as $44.95.

Several of their all over styles don't lend themselves well to the FL heat, that's for sure. I think that's why they don't stay fully booked during some parts of the year.
I can imagine the summer heat and dampness could be difficult with the paint. Luckily, we will be there in December :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter