Tell me about pigeon forge

I bet it would be gorgeous in the fall.

It is, especially if you go to the areas of the park lower in elevation like the cade's cove area of the park. But it is also the most crowded time of year up there and very expensive. During peak leaf season, it can take 2-3 hours just to get to and do the cade's cove loop. You can do it faster on a bicycle.

It is, especially if you go to the areas of the park lower in elevation like the cade's cove area of the park. But it is also the most crowded time of year up there and very expensive. During peak leaf season, it can take 2-3 hours just to get to and do the cade's cove loop. You can do it faster on a bicycle.

We've only visited in the summer, but I can easily see how stunning it must be in the fall colors. The park is essentially the substance of why we would visit the area again, as most of the other offerings aren't our tastes.

Cannot Wait makes a lot of good comments!!!
I would however recommend Corky's or Calhoun's over Bennett's.
We gave recently gave Bennett's a try and wished we had gone up the road.

Last visit, we went at the end of the Fall high season. The very last Sunday of October, into November.
NO colors last year, and there was a very very early cold front, it actually SNOWED overnight and shut down the roads over the Mountains!
So much for my Fall Color weekend and picnic in the mountains!!!!
The person who said the colors are actually at the lower elevations are right. The trees and the weather conditions higher up are just not the best for color.

Cannot Wait makes a lot of good comments!!!
I would however recommend Corky's or Calhoun's over Bennett's.
We gave recently gave Bennett's a try and wished we had gone up the road.

Last visit, we went at the end of the Fall high season. The very last Sunday of October, into November.
NO colors last year, and there was a very very early cold front, it actually SNOWED overnight and shut down the roads over the Mountains!
So much for my Fall Color weekend and picnic in the mountains!!!!
The person who said the colors are actually at the lower elevations are right. The trees and the weather conditions higher up are just not the best for color.

Calhoun's I thought was better for ribs than the other two. But the rest of the BBQ there really left a bit to be desired. But if one of the party wants a steak, they did that well. Of course Calhoun's is owned by a company that started out in the steak business. So yeah. They do steak. Maybe we hit Corky's on a bad evening because I've had better at other Corky's. Bennett's was on par with Corky's. Neither were bad. They just were what you could expect from a corporate rib place.

We've only visited in the summer, but I can easily see how stunning it must be in the fall colors. The park is essentially the substance of why we would visit the area again, as most of the other offerings aren't our tastes.

We really don't do the go karts of the elvis wax museum or much in the way of outlet shopping. We do Dollywood and Splash Country though. We also do mini golf when want a more restful day. I doubt we'd go without Dollywood or the national park though.

We love the Apple Barn for the fritters and apple juleps. Breakfast is much better than dinner.

Also, for a nice, more upscale dining experience in Gatlinburg, there's a Melting Pot on the second floor of a building on the strip. Great food, great drinks and a nice atmosphere with fun views.

We are planning a trip over the 4th of July on our must do list:
Dollywood,The Island (reminds me of a small scale of Disney Springs), Nike Clearance store, Timberwood Grill, Patriot Park/The old mill
Ripley's Aquarium, Mountain Coaster, walking downtown Gaitlinburg
in the park Clingmans dome (want to see the new growth from after the fire), waterfalls and streams, mingus mill
Then traveling over to Ashville to the Biltmore.
We are going to try Bestwestern Plaza Inn.
I am looking for a couple more discount code on the bigger activities. Missed the 25% mothers day code at the aquarium.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter