Tell me about MVMCP!

Picabo

"Hi, my name is Picabo & I'm a Disboard-o-holic!!"
My kids will be 2 1/2 and almost 4 when we go in early December. Typically they go to bed by 730p so I'm trying to debate weather or not going to MVMCP will be worth it for us. I was thinking (if we DO go to it) that we would just relax at the hotel during the day and try to "rest up" for the evening ahead. Was thinking we'd go arrive right at 4pm and stay till they wear out.

So has anyone been with young kids that age and how did they handle it staying up later than normal? What special things are there during the party that are not there on a typical day/night? Is it super crowded (we'd be going the week of Dec 4th which I beleive is during Pop Warner)? Will we get onto any rides with them or will it be toooooo crowded during the party?

Just trying to wrap my mind around why it would be worth spending that much money to go during the party instead of just on a regular night with our regular tickets. So please explain! THANKS!!

I wasn't very impressed with MVMCP when we went - - it was extremely crowded during an otherwise slow week. The shows are timed so it is hard to do everything in one night and you basically had to leave one thing to stake out a place for the next thing. DD 5 also fell asleep during the parade so you definitely only want to go if your kids will nap in the afternoon or they will never make it through the party. We were very disappointed becuase we had a great experience at a pirate and princess party. Don't get me wrong - the decorations, castle, shows, parade, fireworks, etc are all wonderful and amazing but it was very crowded.

Good luck deciding!

Honestly out of all the parties at the MK I was least impressed with MVMCP. It was very crowded and honestly there wasn't a whole lot of "bang for your buck" You can see holiday decor all day in the parks and resorts, the story tellers and Candlelight processional at Epcot, and the OSborne Xmas lights for free with park admission.The MVMCP parade was cute, but not worth the price for a ticket .

We took our just turned 5 year old who is usually in bed by 8:00 and were so glad we went. There is just something magical about christmas in Disney. It was raining and cold and we stayed on main street the whole time, but it was still worth it in my opinion.

It's a lot of money to spend to have your kids either asleep or cranky because they're over-tired! I wasn't impressed with it etiher, and don't ever have to go again. It was VERY crowded & I'm not really one for shows, parades, characters or fireworks - and those were the few extras you got with the MVMCP ticket.

We chose not to do it last time we were at WDW in Nov. '07. We really debated and decided to save the $$ instead. Our kids were 5 months, 5 y.o. and 8 y.o. and they didn't even realize they were missing anything! We still got to see snow at MGM when they did the Osbourne lights plus WDW is decorated for Christmas and the characters as dressed up for it too, so it was still very magical for them and us. My kids thrive on a schedule and would never had made it staying up late...I figured we could always do it on a future trip when they're all older. That being said we don't regret our decision to skip it at all. Good luck whatever you decide!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter