• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me about Marriott World Center

BANNISTER

Mouseketeer
Just booked two nights at Marriott World Center to add to our vacation this summer. The way Disney does tickets now it costs us 1-2 more dollars to add 1-2 days, how can we turn that down. We are staying at OKW, then will go to Marriott. Would appreciate any feedback on the Marriott. TIA

Be prepared to be OVERWHELMED! This is the largest hotel EVER!!! HUUUUGE!!

We stayed there on a Priceline bid a few years ago and just LOVED it. It has about 6 or 7 pools and we were there with my son and his babysitter who just adopted a little girl. The little girl, 7, told us she felt like she was in HEAVEN!

The kids loved the glass elevator, I swear they thought it was a RIDE, and just to ride it and see the skyline is a sight to behold!

Don't miss Champions, the sportsbar on the first level. My son and I went back there last month again because the food is so good even though we were staying at the Grande Vista.

It's mostly a convention hotel so be prepared for that, lots of executive types running around, not Disney themed. A class act nonetheless and very close to Disney.

Enjoy!

Thanks so much...I was looking for some positive thoughts, makes me feel better about booking it. We have some Marriott Bonus Bucks and will be applying that so I feel we are getting a good deal, but was just wanted to hear someone's feelings who actually stayed there. I think we will do Seaworld one day while there and then back to Disney!!!

We stayed in one of the villas, but the whole property was fabulous. It's so close to Disney's entrance yet far enough from other stuff to be quiet at night. We're thinking of staying there again if we don't go onsite to OKW.

I have not stayed here. However, they did have it on the Travel Channels Great Hotels show. It looked amazing. They had a "drive-in" movies at the pool w/ intertubes. I'm sure you'll really enjoy your stay!!

It's a very nice hotel. Comfortable beds. Nice pools etc.

Parking is a pain in the you know where.... It costs something like $10 and then basically you have to shuttle to the hotel or you can walk a long way. I just gave up and used the valet!

We stayed here last year on a girls only weekend. We were in a king mini suite with attatched door into a regular 2 queen room. We were all being silly housewife moms and would ride the glass elevator all the way up and down a few times just for the fun ride of it. The pools were excellent, we ate at Champions, very good food. We had wanted to eat at the hibachi resturant but it was booked both nights we were there. The spa left a little to be desired, definately not the same as at the Gaylord!

I would stay there again in a heartbeat.... those beds are to die for.

We're booked at the Marriott for 7 nights of our trip this summer and from what Ive read, its gonna be great. It was hard to pass up the free dining that Disney is offering but this trip is actually an Orlando trip not really a Disney one so we decided to stay offsite. We'll also be staying at HRH for a few nights.

And yes...an "Orlando trip" does include a few days at Disney...who could go to Orlando and not go to WDW? :confused3

It is a very nice hotel....

As others have said, the pools and beds are the highlights.

A good location as well.

We will be staying there for 1 night in September before our 8 nights at the WL.

You will really like it there. We stayed there about a year and a half ago when DH had to go on a business trip there. His company paid for us to stay at the World Center. It is HUGE, and really nice. I would definitely stay there again!!

FayeW said:
What is the best way to book this property to get the most reasonable price?

aaa.com has it for $149 per night....thats about the best Ive seen....well, at least for the dates we're staying.

We were just there in February. We stayed at the Marriott Imperial palm which is one of the villa's next door. The world is a great place. Incredible pool. My only complaint was that the food court was shared with the convention center so we walked in to order snacks and were surrounded by people in business suits. They are also doing construction on the convention center now. It was a pain to get to, had to take a shuttle.

Is there shuttles to the parks? Also, are the restaurants family oriented, and how expensive are they? Any more info would be greatly appreciated!!!!

We are going in June for 3 nights and we booked through our AAA agent. It is $444.00 total including taxes = $148 just like DizGeek said. FYI :) Don't try to book it online using a AAA discount. That way is like $224 a night. The AAA agent goes through another company and gets that rate. You can also get that same rate for the Renaissance Marriott across the street from Sea World.

If you want to see some great pictures go to www.tripadvisor.com and they have some great reviews.

Good luck, YO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter