• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me about Legoland if you could

Canadian Harmony

DIS Veteran
we will be landing around 2:30 at SNA and should be at the hotel on Harbor by around 3:30-4pm.

We will only have 4DPH as we want to hit USH and Legoland. I've checked the schedule for the day we land and Legoland is open til 8 that night. Will we have enough time to enjoy LL if we rent a car that afternoon and go or should we hit Disney the first afternoon then spend the next day at LL?

Is it a full day park do you think? We like rides and exploring so we could probably spend the day there easily.

Also, is their photo thing worth the cost? $50 for a book and 10 photos.

Is there somewhere online where I can find the menus and prices of their meals?

TIA

It can easily be a full day park, especially if you do the aquarium too, which I recommend.

Note that lego land is optimum for kids 9 and under, there isn't as much for older kids.

The food is ok, nothing great, I do recommend the granny apple fries.

I do not know of any online menus, this is about as good as you can get

https://endpoint910861.azureedge.ne...-4ab4d3/legoland-california-dietary-guide.pdf

A good affordable one is the pizza and pasta buffet, which is all you can eat.

Thank you. My 10year old daughter loves Lego and would really want to go there, especially for Heartlake City and the rides.

The aquarium is included in the entry? We're going to use GO LA cards so it's okay if it's not as we can use the card.

Is the water park worth bringing bathing suits for? We're going in June.

Also, if you try to drive in afternoon, you will hit some pretty bad traffic, which would limit even more your time.

Aquarium is extra , although they sell bundle tickets.

I've never been to the water park at legoland.

There are some water play areas in the main park, which you could bring bathing suits for, which was good enough for us.

Great! I'll see if the aquarium is one of the things included in the GO LA card. If not, we won't be sorry - we've seen a ton of aquariums recently so we're a little fished out, lol

I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but depending on the time of day you're driving, it can take anywhere from 90 minutes to 2 hours to get down there from Anaheim. I would plan to do LL on a whole day just because of the drive time. We had annual passes to LL last year. It's definitely at least most of a day. We would get there at opening, whenever it was for the day, and leave around 3PM, but we never were able to see everything we wanted to in one day. The lines aren't generally long, but most rides are slow loaders, so it still takes a while to get through most lines. The food isn't great, but there's a lot of activities.

That's great info, thank you!

Are the meal prices similar to DLR/DCA?
The parking - is it paid via cash or can I pay with a credit card?

We'll probably leave early in the morning to try to avoid rush hour (hahahahh, I crack me up). We don't mind being early before gate open.

So I'll plan to do DLR/DCA the first afternoon, LL the next day then dinner at Medieval Times that night, then USH the next day after that, and finish our last three days at Disney.

Now I'll suss out car rentals along Harbor.

I think the meals are slightly cheaper, but not significantly.

I cant remember about parking, but I would guess that they take credit card. You may want to contact them.

My best advice is to get a hotel near legoland the night before for one night, and then drive back after you are done at legoland. Not sure if that would work for you, but it's the best way to avoid traffic, which can be a mess from LA to San Diego.

The aquarium is very rinky dinky. I would only go to that if you can get in for free with what you already have. There is truly no good food at Legoland. There are some restaurants at nearby hotels that you can walk to from the Legoland parking lot. Karl Strauss brewery is located to the west and Twenty/20 Grill is located to the east. I haven't tried the Legoland Hotel food. You can eat in the park if you want more traditional burgers and stuff like that. When you are done for the day, there are many places to eat in Carlsbad that you can drive to.

The water park is made for very young children. If you have young children who love playing in the water, I am sure they will have a good time there. There is an extra cost to go in. You can still do water play in Legoland in another area that doesn't have an extra charge, but it won't be water slides and swimming.

If your goal is to avoid morning rush hour traffic, I suggest leaving Anaheim at 6:00am. You'll get to Legoland before it opens, but you can have breakfast in Carlsbad or in Oceanside on the way.

I think the meals are slightly cheaper, but not significantly.

I cant remember about parking, but I would guess that they take credit card. You may want to contact them.

My best advice is to get a hotel near legoland the night before for one night, and then drive back after you are done at legoland. Not sure if that would work for you, but it's the best way to avoid traffic, which can be a mess from LA to San Diego.

Thanks. We're coming from Disneyland, so not quite as bad as from San Diego.

The aquarium is very rinky dinky. I would only go to that if you can get in for free with what you already have. There is truly no good food at Legoland. There are some restaurants at nearby hotels that you can walk to from the Legoland parking lot. Karl Strauss brewery is located to the west and Twenty/20 Grill is located to the east. I haven't tried the Legoland Hotel food. You can eat in the park if you want more traditional burgers and stuff like that. When you are done for the day, there are many places to eat in Carlsbad that you can drive to.

The water park is made for very young children. If you have young children who love playing in the water, I am sure they will have a good time there. There is an extra cost to go in. You can still do water play in Legoland in another area that doesn't have an extra charge, but it won't be water slides and swimming.

If your goal is to avoid morning rush hour traffic, I suggest leaving Anaheim at 6:00am. You'll get to Legoland before it opens, but you can have breakfast in Carlsbad or in Oceanside on the way.

I will probably end up getting the car the night before and sucking up the $9/night parking at the hotel so we can leave early. The kids are 10 and 12 so we might just skip the water park.

I'll see if there's an In & Out Burger on the route (we don't have one here and we love their food).

Thanks for the great tips! You're all such a great help.

So I'll plan to do DLR/DCA the first afternoon, LL the next day then dinner at Medieval Times that night, then USH the next day after that, and finish our last three days at Disney.

Would you need to make reservations for Medieval Times? I would make dinner plans more flexible that day, see how much of the park you get through and when you want to leave. I would worry about traffic back. My local friend told me before to avoid 1-6 pm.

I'll see if there's an In & Out Burger on the route (we don't have one here and we love their food).

I remember seeing an In-N-Out along the way on the 5 in Oceanside. Think it's this one:
936 N. Coast Highway, Oceanside

The ribs at Knights' Smokehouse BBQ in Legoland is not bad for theme park food.

First, you definitely need a whole day at Legoland. The lines get long and move slowly. Don't go on a weekend if you can help it.

I would not make dinner reservations at Medieval Times on a Legoland day. It will be very hard to make it and you will be rushing your time at LL. Enjoy the park and grab dinner in Carlsbad on the way home. There are a lot of good restaurants right outside Legoland at the outlets there. Maybe do Medieval Times on your arrival night.

The waterpark isn't just for little kids. My 10 and 12 year old still love it. They recently expanded it with a Chima section that is really cool. I would plan for that if it will be open. Do the waterpark FIRST, then change over and do the rest of the park afterwards. They have changing areas and showers and lockers available.

The food at Legoland is pretty good. On par with Disney quality and price wise. The waterpark has a place for burgers and such and it's really good! We had lunch there last time. The Lego Town area has a cafeteria style place with fresh salads, pastas, sandwiches, stir fry, pizza, chicken, etc. It's also very good and there is a lot to choose from.

You can pay for LL parking with a credit card. I recommend the preferred parking.... Literally steps from the entrance. It's great to be able to run back to your car and toss the wet swimsuits and towels in there after you are done at the waterpark.

The drive on a weekday from Anaheim will take a little over an hour. Do not leave Legoland area between 4 and 6pm. Traffic will be bad then.

There are several In N Out locations just off the freeway between Anaheim and Legoland. I highly recommend stopping there at some point.

Thanks!

I think we'd need reservations for MT. Maybe do it after USH? They're closer than going south then back north, right? I could try for our arrival night but I have a feeling DH would not be in the mood to battle Saturday night traffic and the girls will want to hit DLR asap.

I'll check on the cost for the water park as I know my kids (also 10 and 12) would love it. And mid June should be warm enough to warrant it in the morning.

Thanks!

I think we'd need reservations for MT. Maybe do it after USH? They're closer than going south then back north, right? I could try for our arrival night but I have a feeling DH would not be in the mood to battle Saturday night traffic and the girls will want to hit DLR asap.

I'll check on the cost for the water park as I know my kids (also 10 and 12) would love it. And mid June should be warm enough to warrant it in the morning.

There won't be much traffic between Anaheim and Medieval Times on a Saturday night. You can get there in about 15 minutes.

The water park add on is about $15/ticket.

June has a weather phenomenon called "June gloom" which is a marine layer of fog and low clouds that tends to burn off around 11am. It happens almost daily in Carlsbad. However, the waterpark water IS heated. But it may be a bit chilly. Maybe get some long sleeve swim shirts which will help.

I found I can get a smokin' price through the PX in San Diego for the day at LL including water park.

I'll talk to DH and see if he'd like to eat with his hands our first night.

I nearly fell off my chair when I saw what it was offering for those tickets!

I think we'll do the MT dinner first night as suggested. We will have lots of time to grab the car and get there for a 6pm dinner and back in time for a reasonably early evening, especially if we want to leave early on the Sunday for LL.

I nearly fell off my chair when I saw what it was offering for those tickets!

I think we'll do the MT dinner first night as suggested. We will have lots of time to grab the car and get there for a 6pm dinner and back in time for a reasonably early evening, especially if we want to leave early on the Sunday for LL.

That sounds like a good plan!

Also, you can call Camp Pendleton ITT and purchase the tickets ahead of time and they will send them to you. The ticket office is closed on weekends. You can reach them at 760-763-3183.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter