Tell me about LastMinuteTravel Club.com

Dylan&LandonsMama

Earning My Ears
We are thinking about booking a room for Disneyland from 2/15-2/20. I can get a room for about $65-$70 a night at the Hilton or Marriott. They are showing them as "On Reserve" meaning that they aren't available but might be? Have you used them before with the rooms showing this and were you able to get one? Are they a legit company? I'm just a little hesitant about it.

Thank you for your input.

They are a legit company.
The problem with the "on reserve" dates is that chances are they will not have the rooms available. I have been fortunate that my dates and hotel of choice were available and was able to book immediately.

I was looking at booking through them but they dont let you choose your room type foe this hotel specifically. Has anyone dealt with this and what are my chances of gettibg my request honored?

I went ahead and booked the Hilton Anaheim for I think $67 a night that was available rather than going for the one that was on reservation.

I booked with them last week for our stay in March, I was also nervous. The thing that concerns me is the high tax rate that they charge. Sales tax at the Hilton is 18% - I got that directly from the Hilton web site. LMT charged me 22.5% I still got a good deal.

I booked with them last week for our stay in March, I was also nervous. The thing that concerns me is the high tax rate that they charge. Sales tax at the Hilton is 18% - I got that directly from the Hilton web site. LMT charged me 22.5% I still got a good deal.

I don't get how they can do that- sales tax is a set thing depending on the state, then county, then city. Businesses have to charge that set rate and they have to fill out the forms showing the sales tax they collected right? This isn't like "resort fees" which can mean whatever, can include this but not that and that but not this depending on the hotel and can be any amount- sales tax is a government regulated amount... so how do they legally charge differently?

The sales tax is super high because its a hotel tax that is in southern california (I called and asked!) the other percentage is resort fees added in.

glad you posted this question :thumbsup2 I was wondering the same thing. I can stay at the Holiday inn on Walnut for 54 a night or the Hilton for 73 a night....great deals :cool1:

Does anyone know how long it takes the reservation to show up? I made the reservation 24 hours ago and Hilton has no record of it and we arrive in 10 days.

When I booked LMT a few weeks ago, I was able to confirm my reservation with FFI the next day.

The sales tax is super high because its a hotel tax that is in southern california (I called and asked!) the other percentage is resort fees added in.

I called the Hilton and was told they do not charge a resort fee but LMT said the resort fee was included in my price. :confused3 I also asked the Hilton what the tax rate was and I was told 18% but when I calculated what LMT charged me it was 22.5% :confused3 So there shouldn't be a resort fee added to my rate because it is already included in my quote AND the hotel doesn't charge one The extra 4.5% was about $18.00 for our reservation. I know I saved quite a bit over rack rate and I am happy but I do believe LMT pads the taxes and ads fees that are not charged by the resort. I bet most people have no clue this is happening.

That's funny because I was told the opposite when I called. I guess it depends on who you talk to. Yes there was the 18% tax rate but I was told that the extra was resort fees such as parking, etc......Strange. I wonder if it really is a resort fee or if it is LMT collecting a little tip!

I called the Hilton and was told they do not charge a resort fee but LMT said the resort fee was included in my price. :confused3 I also asked the Hilton what the tax rate was and I was told 18% but when I calculated what LMT charged me it was 22.5% :confused3 So there shouldn't be a resort fee added to my rate because it is already included in my quote AND the hotel doesn't charge one The extra 4.5% was about $18.00 for our reservation. I know I saved quite a bit over rack rate and I am happy but I do believe LMT pads the taxes and ads fees that are not charged by the resort. I bet most people have no clue this is happening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter