Tell Me About Kid's Pirate Adventures...

Wendi2000

DIS Veteran
I know there are a few of these trips offered to the kids. Have your kiddos done them? Which one(s)? I understand there is one that leaves from the Grand Floridian, and another that leaves from the Yacht Club... maybe there's another, can't remember. I think the cruises are probably the same, or very similar, and my son would probably enjoy any of them equally. So, my question is, if I want to spend the two hours on my own in either MK or Epcot, which cruise would you recommend? Can I get to MK quickly from GF with enough time to go on a few rides and get back to pick him up at the end of his adventure? If I did the one from YC, it seems as though I can walk to Epcot... is that correct? Is it a long walk? Will I have enough time for my own solo adventure? I want to use the time to my best advantage to do some things that my son doesn't enjoy.

TIA!!!

pirate:

We did the one at Y&B club. DS(5) loved it (and he hates meeting new people). It is a short walk to Epcot (less then 5-10 min walk). WS is closed at that hour, but you may still enter through the back entrance of Epcot and travel through to Future world.

Have fun!

Our kids LOVED the one at the Grand Floridian last week!!! I would not feel comfortable leaving to a park. It's only 2 hours by the time they leave. We ate a lovely breakfast at the GF and did a little shopping in their shops.

I know that I have either asked this before or found the answer before but alas the search isn't working and the answer isn't in my subscribed threads :eek: . Anyway, is this a 90 day out ressie or a 180 day out ressie? I could have sworn it was 180 but that isn't what I am reading on the information pages.

Subscribing. I would like to know more about what’s offered and the opinions on which is best.

A few years back my DH and I signed the kids up for the pirate cruise from the GF. They had a fantastic time and still talk about it, they got a small lunch, pirate patch and of course some treasure at the end. It was fantastic. While they were out hunting for treasure I had booked myself and DH for massages at the GF spa. What a treat, I could have stayed all day. It was a nice way to unwind in the middle of the trip. The kids had such a great time I would recommend it to everyone! :thumbsup2

MNRMommy said:
I know that I have either asked this before or found the answer before but alas the search isn't working and the answer isn't in my subscribed threads :eek: . Anyway, is this a 90 day out ressie or a 180 day out ressie? I could have sworn it was 180 but that isn't what I am reading on the information pages.

It is a 180 adr booked through dining

We did this for our two middle children last May - best $$ we spent I believe, very reasonable!
My ds and dd had a ball - we felt very comfortable with the supervision, each child was paired up with another partner. They went to a few different stops searching for clues and eventually found the treasure chest - which upon disembarking when done conatined small treasure bags with each child's name on it. Full of cute necklaces, gold (plastic)coins etc. They really loved it! Cute pirate mickey ears also!
We rented a boat right at GF and took our other two children out for a spin - all in all it was wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter