Tell me about Keurig coffee makers are they worth it?

I don't think it makes a strong cup unless you use a bold k cup and the smallest setting. 1 regular cup on the largest cup setting is very weak and gross.

I had a love/hate with the thing. It just wasn't for me. I know I am in the very small minority but the coffee just didn't do it for me. Either a small expensive cup or a larger weak cup blah. I did not like the bold cups but plenty of people do. I am just putting that out there.

I liked how fast it was and conveinent. I think in an office or something they are great. I've had a small cup at a school meeting or something and it was fine but for myself at home it just wasn't worth the cash.

Thanks for that info. My dh prefers a stronger coffee and that is one of the reasons I'm getting him this because the coffee that is served at his work is too weak for him. I will definitely get him one of the bold K-cups.

Don't I know you from fishing around ;)

I ordered the Qvc today's special value. It came yesterday. My husband had the first cup last night. He said it was really good. I like the ease and no mess part. I think I will enjoy this.

OOOh!!! I hope I get mine today. I ordered the TSV too!

Maggie

Ok Hate to be negative but this is the budget board and if I buy this great coffee maker...there goes my Disney trip! I pretended to get the 60 cup deal for 25 bucks...seems like a deal! But I brew 8-10 cups a day with my coffee maker for hubby and I! Well I'll be conservative and brew 8 cups a day...that will cost me over $1200 a year for coffee! Not counting brewing for friends and family when they come over or the cost of the machine! I think this is a MAJOR luxury!

I think one of the previous posters talked about that it wasn't a good deal if you drink more than one cup a day. I can see where all those kcups would add up. I ordered the TSV and can hardly wait to try it!

Ok Hate to be negative but this is the budget board and if I buy this great coffee maker...there goes my Disney trip! I pretended to get the 60 cup deal for 25 bucks...seems like a deal! But I brew 8-10 cups a day with my coffee maker for hubby and I! Well I'll be conservative and brew 8 cups a day...that will cost me over $1200 a year for coffee! Not counting brewing for friends and family when they come over or the cost of the machine! I think this is a MAJOR luxury!

You are definitely not the type of consumer this product is marketed towards ;)

It is a budget saver if you are like my DH who stopped to get coffee on the way to work most mornings at the Wawa (convenience store with a Coffee bar, lots of them around us) and spent $1.50 a day. He can brew a cup in the travel mug now for 30-40 cents and save a ton of money.

I am considering getting the mini for my brother. He drinks a pot of coffee a day. But sometimes at night he would like just one cup or is in the mood for a flavored coffee or hot tea. This would be perfect for those occassions, but not a replacement for his daily coffee.

Definitely not for the budget-conscious and definitely not for those trying to 'go green' which, sadly, we are in our household. No more cases of water bottles from Costco, no more non-compact fluorescent bulbs...

For those of you who say that if you drink alot of coffee that this machine is not for you. I must disagree. The freshness of my one cup in the morning, has me feeling no need for a second or third cup if that makes sense. I feel like every cup from the Keurig is so satisfying, that you I actually drink less coffee. I still don't feel like 41 cents per cup is expensive anyway. Even if you drink 10 cups a day thats only $4.10. Thats about one what a venti Starbucks flavored coffee is going for.

I've had my Keurig for 2 years (B40). I still enjoy it as much as I did the day I purchased. I agree, less than $.50 is still a bargain since I use to go to the snack bar at work to buy coffee before the Keurig. I used the mini at Hard Rock Hotel several years ago and loved it. Came home and started researching it and back then you could not buy the mini, only the B40. I like that it has 2 levels to choose from. However, be warned, if you buy the B40, it is very loud when pumping the water. I was very concerned the first time I used it and heard this loud noise. I went to the website and only there did I read that this was normal. I've since purchased a mini for my daughter who loves it so much she is getting a travel bag to take her mini with her on trip!

After a couple of years with a Keurig I've gotten good at finding the best price for the k-cups and love it that so many places NOW carry them. I've always purchased from Amazon, but their stock comes and goes. I also watch for coupons to use at Kohls, and BB&B. It's always nice getting a fresh cup of coffee each and every time. We have a Bunn at home, and while it's fast, the coffee is not the same as what I drink in the office.

Enjoy!

We finally found a hot cocoa that was good.

We bought these from BB&B and make it on the 8oz brew size. The key is to turn the kcup upside down and tap on counter and shake it up first before brewing. We add mini-marshmallows and it's quite tasty.

12350916765805P.JPG

They have a milk chocolate and a cafe mocha that are good as well. The important thing to remember is the 8oz size.

Right about that Puffkin...I guess we all have our simple pleasuers in life...MAny love to drink wine and that by far is more per ounce than this fancy coffee!!!! That said in this economy if folks are trually trying to save money...please stick with the regular coffee pot and save your money...I love great coffee and my pot is cheaper and honestly cleaning and care is not that difficult compared to other houseghold chores! It is a fun gadget and I enjoy going over to a friends and picking my coffe for the day...but......

LOVE my Keurig. Got mine for Christmas last year and although I have the Mini, I still love it. It's perfect for me since I'm a single mom and am only making coffee on the weekend. The only downside to mine is that it takes close to 3 minutes to make a cup. BUT I love how simple and easy it is. I buy the big boxes of Green Mountain kcups from BJ's.

I just ordered the B70! I'm so excited. We have filtered water in our house. Will I need to buy the Keurig water filter? I would love to be able to just open the box on Christmas morning and make everyone hot chocolate :)

I'm so excited :)

Another Keurig lover here. :lovestruc

DH has found the Emeril brand coffee to be very strong (strong enough to stand a spoon up in ;)). Though I can't verify that, as I don't drink hot coffee.

He is right! They have Keurigs in the rooms at Universal Studios on site hotels, and they feature Emeril's coffees. We really enjoyed it (the reason why I bought one for myself!) I am thinking it was an espresso. Stands the spoon up, I would have to agree on this-it certainly pops your eyes open!

They make coffeemakers that brew 2-4 cups, that's what I use to make my 1 large cup per day. I got mine from Gevalia for free and I bought a gold coffee filter for about $2 on sale so I never have to worry about paper filters. I realize it's a huge chore to take out a scoop of coffee but I manage to cope.

Love Gevalia, and I have a couple of those little coffee pots. I used to keep one on my desk. The problem with that is that they get you hooked on Gevalia coffee, which is wonderful...but at $10 for 1/2 lb, not so wonderful..

As for the big scooping chore...just take a coffee break after you are done!

For you, it isn't a good deal. For the rest of us that drink one or two cups a day, it's a very affordable luxury. ;)

I got DH one for Christmas @ Sams.

It was $129.99 and came with the water filter (+ 2 replacement cartridges) and 72 KCups. I'm pretty sure it's the B60.

I'm still on the lookout for a nice travel mug and a good deal on the My K-Cup to add as stocking stuffers.

we are LOVING it!!!
For us...a SAVINGS...instead of stopping to buy that cup of java (2) everyday.....we now use those mugs to "take it with us out the door!"
Its like 41 cents a cup this way and is YUMMY delicious. I also LOVE the cocoa as a snack at night.......

OKAY, so heres the BEST PART EVER.....I popped into a thread about people getting these great deals at thrift places...don't let me lose you thinking I bought a used one....NOPE, I TOTALLY lucked out today, BIG TIME IMHO...
I went to the Goodwill store in a neighboring town today on my way back from an errand.
Lo and Behold a MINI KEURIG sitting on the counter...in a box, has a crush and torn across top of box. I opened it, looked in side, removed it from the plastic bag, all parts were sealed with the tape that Keurig uses and I was like, HUH, why is this here. I went up to the register and spoke with a LOVELY woman who told me that they get plenty of damaged Boxes... items from Target and also some from walmart WTH??? I never knew that. SO she says, it came in a few hours ago and you are so lucky...the price, $40! (it retails for 84.!) So we plugged it in, power came on....never used and I said I'd take it (she also said that if I used it and for any reason did not like it to just return it).
Well, I ran a cycle thru it...perfect...I am SO THRILLED and intend to pass it on to my dad who always makes a pot of coffee and then leaves it in fridge for later that day and following day UGH!
Oh, and as an aside, I also got a Dept 56 piece, ferraro's bakery , new in box, PERFECT for 3.99! OMG I could not believe my LUCK today....someone is sprinkling PIXIE dust MY way for sure, and it sure feels NICE :lmao:

Google how many cups of coffee you get in a pound of coffee. Depending on the beans and the size of the cups it's anywhere from 50 to 100 cups/pound, or about 12 cents per cup. Now figure out how many cups of those packs it takes to be the equivalent of a pound then you can get an idea of your cost per pound and cost per cup. Don't forget to add on the $100 or so you spend before you have that first, umm, delicious cup.

That doesn't bother me in the least. I love flavored coffees and I love a variety, I am not going to buy that many big packs of coffee as I would like to have around. I rarely drink more than 1 cup a day, if I even have one a day. Now I would drink Starbucks everyday if not for the price and calories lol.
Not a big deal for me.

My mother got the me the Mini for xmas. I think it is just going to annoy me, so I am going to return it for the larger size.

Cant wait to get it!!!

A few questions for you seasoned Keurig users:
1) Does the mini make a smaller cup (6oz)? If so, are the coffee pods sold in smaller sizes?
2) If you drink one cup a day, why not buy the mini? What's the advantage of getting the larger one?
3) Do the flavored coffees taste similar to the ones you get at the gas stations (like French Vanilla) where the coffee is thicker, sweeter and frothy on top, or is it just black coffee with flavor added?

Thanks for the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter