Tell me about Jet Blue

cruise cruise cruise

<font color=royalblue>Either way we will have FUN!
How is this airline? We normally fly AlaskaAir.
I see there is no charge for bags. Are seats preassigned at booking, or what is their system?
is this the airline that has individual tvs in each seat? Is there a cost for this? Or is this not even the correct airline that I am thinking about
Are they family friendly?
Normally on time?

Etc etc, what else can you tell me....basically do you like them??

We like to fly on jet blue whenever the price is right. They do have tv's for each seat. Most things are free, but you can buy movies if you want, but there should be enough free stuff that you should not need this. They used to give out free headphones to wear, but no longer, so bring your own.
They still give out some free food on the flights, not a meal, but more than most other airlines.
The first bag per person is free, but there would be a charge for more than one.You can choose your seat when you purchase the seat. As for on time, they are ok, like others, but it depends on many things, like the weather.

I love the airline. The seats are a bit wider and the TVs are great. But, you do NOT want to connect though JFK. We had about 60+ minute wait while in line to take off.
BD

I love JetBlue and fly them whenever I can. As other PP's have said, the headphones are no longer free (they charge $2); my family members used their Ipod/MP3 headphones and those worked fine.

DO NOT connect thru JFK, that is excellent advise.

Jet Blue was awesome for us, on time, great seats, very clean modern planes, tv at every seat....I only wish they would add Detroit as a terminal..we have to drive to Chicago to use them......they are definately :thumbsup2

I love the airline. The seats are a bit wider and the TVs are great. But, you do NOT want to connect though JFK. We had about 60+ minute wait while in line to take off.
BD

I always fly JB out of JFK. Knock on wood, never had to wait more than 10 minutes on the taxiway, but we always fly EARLY in the day. You are always asking for delays ANYWHERE in the NY area airports as the day goes on - too much air traffic.

Lots of leg room (I'm not exactly tiny and was able to cross my legs comfortably without paying extra for even more legroom, which is an option available if you really want lots of leg room). Comfortable leather seats that seem larger than other carriers. Ssatellite TV in each seat, hundreds of XM radio stations... and a pretty broad selection of actual old-style sized snacks!

I tend to select airlines based on price but every time I fly jetblue I ask myself why I don't fly them more often, because it's always great.

We have not flown any other airline since flying jetBlue for the first time about three years ago. I have even opted to pay slightly more for our flights to fly them. Every single time I have received exceptional customer service. The snacks are superior (in my opinion) to other airlines and they serve Dunkin Donuts coffee. :love: DirectTV in every headrest is nice and there is about 36 channels to choose from...something for everyone (TLC, VH1, Cartoon Network, CNN, etc). They do have XM stations, also. All of this is in included the price you paid for your ticket. As pp said, you choose your seats when you purchase your tickets. When you book online, there is no ticketing fee. I believe it is $15 if you book over the phone. If you choose to watch an in-flight movie, I believe it costs about $5.

I hate flying, but I am provided with enough distractions...between the good coffee and being able to watch trashy reality shows on VH1...that I don't mind it as much when I'm on jetBlue.

We just flew RIC to MCO this past October. We had a fabulous experience. They even got in over 20 minutes early. I know that rarely happens anymore in air travel. The crew was friendly. I was stoked to find they serve Dunkin Donuts coffee. They had a lot of options for snacks, but I wasn't hungry. The seats afford my very tall husband a few inches extra leg room which was nice. They do have a few rows up front and the exit rows with even more room for an upcharge. We were so pleased that we booked them for our Feb cruise to San Juan.

I typically fly Airtran (Delta has slipped so much that I've been moving my biz to AT). JetBlue & Airtran both have excellent customer service from what I've experienced so far. JetBlue has an advantage over Airtran only as respects to 1st checked bag flies free and no charge to select our seat.

Another kudo for JetBlue! :thumbsup2
On my trips to WDW, I generally use SWA to go, and JetBlue to return home; they're usually similar in costs, have at least one free checked bag (SW has 2), and IMHO, both have the best customer service I've experienced. :thumbsup2
For me, SW has better morning flight times (I like to get to WDW as early as possible :goodvibes), and JB return flights leave later in the afternoon (and is also a RAC partner for the luggage :thumbsup2).
And yes, pack your own headphones for JB! :goodvibes

I always fly JB out of JFK. Knock on wood, never had to wait more than 10 minutes on the taxiway, but we always fly EARLY in the day. You are always asking for delays ANYWHERE in the NY area airports as the day goes on - too much air traffic.

Good to hear....I'm connecting for the first time ever at JFK next month...I already have about an hour to kill...if the flight from MCO is ontime!! I don't want to spend an hour out on the runway, waiting to take-off, especially since I'm only going to Boston!!!

We have not flown any other airline since flying jetBlue for the first time about three years ago. I have even opted to pay slightly more for our flights to fly them. Every single time I have received exceptional customer service. The snacks are superior (in my opinion) to other airlines and they serve Dunkin Donuts coffee. :love: DirectTV in every headrest is nice and there is about 36 channels to choose from...something for everyone (TLC, VH1, Cartoon Network, CNN, etc). They do have XM stations, also. All of this is in included the price you paid for your ticket. As pp said, you choose your seats when you purchase your tickets. When you book online, there is no ticketing fee. I believe it is $15 if you book over the phone. If you choose to watch an in-flight movie, I believe it costs about $5.

I hate flying, but I am provided with enough distractions...between the good coffee and being able to watch trashy reality shows on VH1...that I don't mind it as much when I'm on jetBlue.

I'm with you. Love JetBlue. We even travel to Logan vs. a very short ride to MHT to fly them. They are a great airline.

Good to hear....I'm connecting for the first time ever at JFK next month...I already have about an hour to kill...if the flight from MCO is ontime!! I don't want to spend an hour out on the runway, waiting to take-off, especially since I'm only going to Boston!!!

Is it an early connector? When I say early, I try to fly no later than 6:30 am. After that, no guarantees. And if the weather is even slightly bad, you're in trouble too.

Good luck!!

Count me in as another Jetblue fan. With the rare exception of times when we've flown somewhere they don't service, we have flown them nearly exclusively for the past 10 years.

Jetblue is far and away superior to every other airline we've flown (a fact we are reminded of when we are forced to use another carrier and go back to the subpar customer relations and services others provide). They are a class act and, although their fares usually are very competitive, I would gladly pay more to fly Jetblue because I know I will be treated well, receive on-time service, and have a comfortable flight.

We also love JetBlue and fly it from Boston to MCO.

BEST tip: if your flight offers it, cough up the extra $20 for the "more leg room" seats. WOW -- what a difference! Our son is not a good flier and it turns out that the feeling of being closed in is what sometimes makes him airsick. Being able to have space and not feel that you're supposed to be doing dental work on the person in front of you if he/she puts the seat back makes the flying experience SO much more pleasant.

Just bring your own headphones to avoid the fee -- the airline actually encourages this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter