tell me about insurance

hurleysweety

DIS Veteran
First cruise and been told that trip insurance is important for cruise vacations. So I have a few questions:

1. We are cruising from Nov 4-8, but our travel dates are Oct 31-Nov 9. Should we insure the entire vacation or just the cruise part? ( We've never insured a vacation before, mostly doing it since we'll be outside the US...and on a giant ship in the middle of the ocean. :thumbsup2)

2. Should the total price of the "vacation" be the cruise fair, or should it include airfare, excursions, etc too?

3. I see plans starting at $45 and going upwards of $200 - what kind of coverage should we primarily be looking for?

Thanks!

First cruise and been told that trip insurance is important for cruise vacations. So I have a few questions:

1. We are cruising from Nov 4-8, but our travel dates are Oct 31-Nov 9. Should we insure the entire vacation or just the cruise part? ( We've never insured a vacation before, mostly doing it since we'll be outside the US...and on a giant ship in the middle of the ocean. :thumbsup2)

2. Should the total price of the "vacation" be the cruise fair, or should it include airfare, excursions, etc too?

3. I see plans starting at $45 and going upwards of $200 - what kind of coverage should we primarily be looking for?

Thanks!

You purchase insurance to cover any non-refundable portions of a vacation. So, you would need to figure out what things you'd be out the money on if the vacation didn't happen.

We purchase cancellation for any reason coverage, since we generally make reservations for our cruises quite a while ahead (up to 2 years). Also, medical coverage/medical evacuation should be covered, as most medical coverages don't cover international travel.

:cutie:

You should absolutely include airfare. We paid about $150 for coverage on our entire trip (~$4400). We used Allianz. It covers cancellation, delay, interruption, medical evac,etc. pretty much the only thing it doesn't cover is canceling due to preexisting medical conditions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter