Tell me about Hoop Dee Doo

outlander

<font color=green>I AM keeping my fingers crossed<
....or point me to where I need to be. :thumbsup2

This is something we have never done in all of our trips to the World. What happens and is it worth it?
In our group we will have adults, young teens and grade schoolers. A little mix of everything! Is it worth trying?

Personally, we liked it. It was my son and I. He was around 10 at the time. The show was corny but fun. The food (especially the strawberry shortcake) was yummy. I thought the service there was fantastic too! It is worth doing for sure. Especially when you have a group with various ages. There is something that everyone can enjoy.

....or point me to where I need to be. :thumbsup2

This is something we have never done in all of our trips to the World. What happens and is it worth it?
In our group we will have adults, young teens and grade schoolers. A little mix of everything! Is it worth trying?

My family loves the Hoop Dee Doo! They have little dance routines and tell corny jokes. Your food comes out in buckets and they just drop it on the table. That is part of the show so don't think they are being rude.:laughing:

It's kind of like and old vaudeville show.

Here is a picture of the stage
DSC02437.jpg

Here is a couple of the actors
DSC02439.jpg

Absolutely, all the beer and wine you can handle. :worship: We all have things we like....

It is actually a nice show (hasn't changed for the most part since its introduction) but you will like it. See the link below... We actually like the Luau more then the HDDO but mostly because they give you a little more time to eat and relax. Do the HDDO and the next time do the luau at the Poly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tr8r54hb64

Category 1 seats will get you on the first floor and relatively close to the stage and category 2 gets you in the back of the room and second floor.

good luck and enjoy

Wait....did someone say beer!?:banana:

Seriously, thank you all very much for the speedy responses, I really appreciate it. It sounds like people really enjoy it.

Soo....is there audience participation?:eek: hahaha....well, I guess if there is beer it doesn't really matter:rolleyes1

Not to much audience participation but they do grab a few people out of the audience but are minor parts. Nothing that should be of a concern. Standard food: ribs, chicken, mash potatoes, salad, and excellent corn bread. The desert is strawberry short cake.

Here is a video for the luau:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUtDhD0p_SM

LOVE IT!!! We go every time!!!!! It is a dinner show with singing music and corny jokes, the food is pretty good too !!!!:goodvibes

Me and DH did this on our last trip and I have to say, it was probably the highlight for both of us. We made our reservations super early and sat in the middle, front table. We thought the show was really funny, the food was really good, and of course who doesn't like all you can drink beer!

In the last part of the show, they actually asked me to come up on stage! I am a shy person but I agreed and thought it was A LOT of fun. There is no need to be worried about being FORCED onto the stage. An actor in the play came up to our table and very politely asked me if I would like to be a part of the next act in the show. I don't think they would have any problem with someone turning them down. I did get a free picture of me onstage for participating though and a lot of people came up to me afterwards and told me I did a good job. It was a lot of fun!!

Here are a few pictures:
hdd3.jpg

hdd4.jpg

hdd5.jpg

hoopdeedoo2.jpg

Thanks for the revues:lmao: and pictures, you are so helpful!!:flower3:

southernbelle, you look like you had a great time up there! Thanks for sharing. I feel like I would be mortified if I had to do something like this but it is nice to know that there isn't pressure! And....again...beer helps! Hehehe

So, to get in the bottom seating area, you have to make your reservations early? Obviously, I am...74 days out now. How would we know if we got lower seating?

Thanks again for all of the responses, I appreciate the help!:flower3:

Thanks for the revues:lmao: and pictures, you are so helpful!!:flower3:

southernbelle, you look like you had a great time up there! Thanks for sharing. I feel like I would be mortified if I had to do something like this but it is nice to know that there isn't pressure! And....again...beer helps! Hehehe

So, to get in the bottom seating area, you have to make your reservations early? Obviously, I am...74 days out now. How would we know if we got lower seating?

Thanks again for all of the responses, I appreciate the help!:flower3:

Well, category 1 seating is all on the bottom lower floor. Category 2 has some in the balcony and some on the floor but more towards the back. When you call to make your reservations (or do it online) just specify that you would like Category 1. If they are available, it is around $5 more per person. If the category 1 seats aren't available, I wouldn't sweat it too much. The balcony looked like there was a pretty good view as well.

Great show! We actually requested balcony seating for the next time we go since its just the 2 of us this time and we kind of want to watch things and not necessarily be in amongst the commotion. Last time we were at a table right in the middle of the floor in front of the stage...pretty busy spot with the comings and goings of the cast, but fun! :thumbsup2

-Jimbo

We LOVED it! We were on our honeymoon, and they played "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" and we (and the other couple also on their honeymoon) had to dance where we were. I was in tears, since my father (who passed away many years ago) taught me to dance (on his feet!) when I was 5 to that song.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter