Tell me about Gymboree 0-6 month classes . . .

janey99

DIS Veteran
Good? Bad? Worth it? Fun?

DS is 3 months old, and the center is less than a quarter mile from our house, so I'm thinking, why not?

I'm curious to hear what others' experiences have been.

TIA!

Jane

Honestly, I can't see what good it would be for a 3 month old. We did a class when our daughter was 15 months and it was really cute.

If you need to socialize and meet other moms, by all means do it, but I don't think it would benefit a 3 month old at all. The classes are pretty expensive too.

I did Gymobree when my daughter was around 12 months old. It was great and she loved it. I don't see how a infant who can't even crawl or sit up really would benefit. I would guess all they can do is really sing songs to them? They certainly wouldn't really use the equipment.

I would hold off, but definitely keep it in mind for later.

I took my first daughter when she was about 3mos old....had all the thoughts that it would be good "mommy and me" time, good way for her to "socialize", etc. Looking back, it was a total joke of a waste of money. No offense to you or anyone else...as I said, I did it wtih #1. But she got absolutely nothing out of it and half the time she would fall asleep or get hungry, etc and then half the class was missed. I wish I'd saved that $200 for a class after she was walking.

She took classes around 12mos (walking at that point) and again at 20mos and she absolutely had the time of her life at 20mos when she went. She did enjoy her time at 12mos, too. But again, I think they get more out of it when they are able to walk around, play on the equipment, etc.

That's just my 2cents. But I will say I got alot of cute pix of her at 3mos old burried in the ball pit! haha

Melanie

I started with my son at 6 months. I think the only reason I waited until then is because the times for the 0-6 class didn't work out for us. Anyway, we love Gymboree. For me personally, I need to get out of the house at least once a day so it is great for that. My son loves it too! It is great, they really keep the kids entertained. My best friend went last month and thought it was lame. I guess to each his own. It depends on what you want to get out of it. I just wanted something to do that my DS would enjoy. If your expecting too much you may be disappointed. Why don't you call your center and see if they'll let you take a trial class before you sign up. Have fun with Gymbo!

We tried the classes around 6 months old and it wasn't worth it for us. However at around 18 months DD seemed to enjoy the class a lot more.

I took my dd when she was an infant. She was my first, I was staying home and it was great for us. They taught us some baby massage which I did with her every night. I really enjoyed the class. Do the babies get anything out of it? Ummmmm, probably not. But it was fun and I got a chance to talk to some other moms about what was going on with their babies. At 3 mos I would say your child would probably like it. They do age appropriate activities.

We started when dd was about 6 months old and will be finishing our last class in a few weeks when she turns 5. She has loved going to class and I love earning gymbucks for the clothing store! ;)

We enjoyed the 0-6 month class, we started it around 4 months and it was nice. Did DS get much out of it, I really doubt it, but it was nice for me to get out of the house and be around other people. DS did seem to enjoy it, and liked the interaction that went on in the class, that being said we probably could have waited till level 2 for him. Level 1 definitely seemed like it was more for me then him.

That being said we did move up to the next level class at 5 months and it was wonderful, DS was moving by then and he really did enjoy playing with the equipment and the interaction in the class. We are still enjoying it at 16 months and I don't see us stopping classes any time soon, DS loves to play and climb on all the equipment, and it is a great place for him to interact with the other toddlers.

I took DS when I was on maternity leave and he was very teeny. At that point, it was mosty just a Moms group. He didn't do much but lay there and stare, LOL. Once he got old enough to crawl and touch stuff there... I quit because we managed to end up with pink eye after every. single. class.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter