Tell Me About Family Dollar!

:happytv:I never go to Family Dollar and there is one within walking distance. I go to Dollar General all the time and get the magnifying glasses there. I get stuff all the time there, actually love it!!:laundy:

We have dollar general, and go there all the time. I buy all of our cleaning items. They do have cute items there. Ours is very clean, well stocked, and they are very helpful. Plus they take coupons! Always busy.

I take it that Dollar General and Family Dollar are not the same chain? I thought it was named diffrent in diffrent regions. Now I know not to go to Family Dollar if I ever see one.

I have been in 4 or 5 FD stores, and every one of them (except for a brand new one) was dirty, dingy and very cluttered and messy. Not a great shopping experience, and their prices are not that great unless you are buying off brand stuff.

So I did it. I stopped at the local Family Dollar. OMY! While it wasn't all that dirty, it was a mess! There was stuff everywhere. Looked like it hadn't been straightened up in at least a year or so. They also didn't have any of the stuff that was advertised...oh well. It really wasn't any different from those original dollar stores that I dreaded, EXCEPT some of the merchandise was MORE than a dollar!

Then I went next door to $1 and Over. I didn't buy anything there either, but it was much better organized and seemed cleaner, but I think that's because the merchandise was organized much better and there were actually aisles like there are in a grocery store or Walmart.

I can see myself going to the $1 and Over again, but not the Family Dollar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter