Tell me about Epcot

footballmouse

DIS Veteran
Couldn't tell you the # of times I've been to MK but we've never been to Epcot. So what is there to do there? Is it more browsing, shopping, food tasting? I have 3 teenage/preteen boys, I'm thinking this would bore them.

If your boys like thrill rides they will enjoy Mission Space and Test Track. Soarin' is pretty good too. We usually spend part of a day there and hop to somewhere else since we aren't into the World Showcase particularly.

Not boring at all!

There are a couple of "thrill" rides- Test Track and Mission Space
There are several other rides that would most likely hold their attention: Spaceship Earth, Soarin', and Maelstrom

The Seas (with nemo and friends) is fun if they're into sea life- the manatees are fun to watch, as are the dolphins and sea turtles

Innoventions is a cool place- there is a ride called Sum of all Thrills- you get to design your own roller coaster ride and then ride it in a simulator (that is capable of doing inversions!) There is also a Recycling Challenge and at one point there was a Make your Own Video Game display as well

Club Cool has unlimited FREE samples of different Coca Cola beverages from around the world.

There are KimPossible missions which might be "uncool" for teenage boys, but they do make the world showcase more interesting (you take a cellphone-type device, you get clues, and then when you find the different locations, you push buttons on the phone and you make different things "happen" in displays in each country).

The entertainment in the World Showcase is AWESOME- be sure to check out Off Kilter!

There are several other rides, but they might not be "cool" enough for your boys. I really enjoy Living With the Land (it's educational, but the greenhouses are awesome)

Epcot is my DS11's favorite park! As already mentioned the rides in future world are lot of fun plus innovations has a lot of fun things to do. For example there is a simulation ride that let's you design a roller coaster then ride it in the simulator. Frankly I have a lot of fun in Epcot with them. If you haven't done it I would encourage you to at least try it out.

I bet your boys would love Epcot :)

Epcot has 2 areas - Future World (with all the rides mentioned, Innovations, etc.) And than the World Showcase. The WS is a bit more like you mentioned - stores, food and entertainment in each country. With the exception of the Food and Wine Festival though, it isn't really food tasting. I mean, you could do that :) but it's the same type of CS and snack stands that you'd see elsewhere, only the food is native to that country.

EPCOT is DS (19y/o) and DD (17y/o) favorite park! They enjoy mission space, Test track, Club Cool, Soarin', and yes, even Living with the Land;) They are shop browsers--and buyers--and enjoy the shops and food in World Showcase. They love the street shows, especially when Dad is picked as participant!! Trying to get them to do Kim Possible next time. We usually have to do EPCOT twice on our trips.

Get an advance dinner reservation for the Italian restaurant -- your teens should love the pizza. Then visit the French pastry shop. All the cast members in World Showcase are natives of the countries they represent, and are outstanding young adults. Very fun to talk to them.

My 2 DS(15,13) love it there! They enjoy TT ,cking out the new cars afterwards...Mission Space and the area with video game type stuff...inovations with segway, rollercoater simu,....They also like the aquarium. When we go around the world they enjoy the food and shows, ALOT! Kaki Gori, Funel cake,french pastries,pizza,german chocolate and big pretzels.
I will say that if they only like thrill rides this won't do mch for them,better off with IOA or UO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter