Tell me about DisneyQuest

My2QTs

DIS Veteran
So I have a 14 y.o. DS. I was thinking we could take him here. How does it work? Do you pay as you play? Can I purchase some kind of one price pass? Is it all video games? Is there anything for my 8 year old DD and the parents to do there? Food? Anything you can think of to tell me I would appreciate it. Never been. Not sure if its worth it. I personally hate arcades but Im guessing this isnt your run of the mill arcade. How long do people spend here on average? Im def not wanting to spend an entire day there.

Helppp....
sorry for all the questions! lol

We went for the first time a couple of weeks ago. You pay to get in, and that's it. I have a kiddo who was in heaven playing all the skeeball he wanted with no quarters or tokens!

The place is huge, and there is a place to eat inside, though we didn't try it out.

I found it difficult to find my way around, and didn't see anyone to ask for help most of the time. The games are kind of grouped together and I didn't always know where a certain type of game would be found. The above-mentioned skeeball, for example (it's on the 5th floor, FYI;) )

It seemed like the games were endless, there were so many to choose from! There is also the create your own roller coaster simulator, which my 9 year old ds and I enjoyed.

We spent about 2-3 hours there, and that was plenty for us. We didn't pay at the door, we had the YES equivalent of WPF&M tickets, so it was one of our "allotments."

We went there for the first time in September and had a great time. You will have to buy admission tickets to get into DisneyQuest (we had it attached to the WP&M option of our tickets). There are a ton of things that your DS, DD, and even you and your DH will really enjoy doing. We have 2 DDs (11 and 9) and they had a blast. There is a little cafeteria area where you can get snacks and drinks and places to sit...this was great for DH and I because while our girls went off to play the different games, we sat there and relaxed with a nice beverage and snack. All the games that my girls played did not require any extra money because they were all part of the admission price, however I thought that I heard somewhere where some of the older (classic games) did cost extra, but please don't quote me on that. Have a great time, we are looking forward to going back again :goodvibes.

We buy PAP's just so we can go to Disney Quest when there isnt any late nights at the parks. It gives my DH and DS something to do while I shop. They can spend hours in there playing those games.

The majority of the machines on every floor are old 80's games like Frogger, Q-Bert, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong and all the variations. Some machines have a huge list of games to choose from, so if you remember something you used to love playing at the mall but haven't seen it in 20 years, you can find it at Disney Quest!

It was fun for a while but we didn't do the big "marquee" things like the Pirates, Roller Coaster, etc. stuff.

They also do a drawing class on the ground floor, like the Animation Academy I think.

I would have been disappointed if we had paid for it, but using a WPF&M option was fine.

It's 5 floors of video games. The only games you pay for are the claw types that give you candy. All other games are free. Ticket games like skiball all work the same but you dont get tickets or win prizes. You just play for fun.

They have a CS location inside where you can get burgers, sandwiches, cupcakes, etc.

They have the typical games like air hockey, dancing games, guitar hero, etc. Plus older games like pinball, Pac Man, Donkey Kong, Tron, etc.

It's a lot of fun but I think it's really over priced if you are buying tickets straight out.

They do have games for the younger kids too. My 6 year old loves the place.

Here's a few pics when they opened (usually lots of people).
D91CF032-3BCB-441E-BBCE-C82BC73EB0F1-597-000000DBA400921C.jpg

C1C2267E-73F9-44DA-9AB6-F5027CD1BF37-597-000000DBA12003EF.jpg

7505B5DF-DCD8-4F58-87E8-3E715466F642-597-000000DB9C6650C8.jpg

639006FB-E82D-493E-92E2-87931BE730D9-597-000000DBA9F788D7.jpg

My kids all enjoyed it, they were 8, 12 and 14 at the time (a girl and two boys). We only spent about an hour and a half there but they would have liked to stay longer.

I will note two things though. The first is that it is noisy!

The other is that it doesn't open until 11 ish. I forget exactly what time but we got to DTD what we thought was early enough to give the kids a good few hours but had to wait for it to open, which is why the only had an hour and a half or so.

Next year I think I will let the boys loose on their own while we go shopping. ;) We will stay for a while for dd to play and then take her with us. I know the boys will not watch her and I know she would be upset being alone in there.

My kids love it, they are 16, 14, and 6 for this trip and we always go. Even when they were younger they loved the drawing section and make your own cd stuff. My oldest son (16) goes several times during our stay because he is really not into the parks anymore. We ate at the counter service place last year and it was really good. The butterfinger cupcake was amazing!

1. Do they have the classic centipede???? I LOVE that game!!!!

2. What are some good strategies... i.e. if you want to do the big name items is there a best time to go there? A certain order of doing things?

thanks!

1. Do they have the classic centipede???? I LOVE that game!!!!

I know they had it 2 years ago when we went. My DW spent about 2 hours solid on it. My apologies to anyone who was there that day that didn't get to play that machine that day.

We went this past August. Yes, there is food. My kids (16 and 12) enjoyed it...my 12 year old more than my older one. The roller coaster simulator was the highlight for us. We liked it more than Sum of all Thrills. They video you and you can watch the video after for free (it's not cheap to buy though.) If you do it, put in as many flips and thrills as you can...way fun!

There is a fun bumper car game where you drive in bumper cars and pick up balls and shoot them at other cars...hit them and they go into a spin. My kids like that a lot.

Dd loved the recording studio and the drawing class.

They have centipede :)

The bumper cars and the virtual roller coaster look cool but they have a tall height requirement. My 6 year old can't ride them.

First thing in the morning is best for their bigger things like the coaster, bumper cars, pirates of the carribean virtual gamne etc. The regular games are easy enough to get to.

Dark and claustrophobic pretty much sums it up for us. We can play arcade games pretty much anywhere at home. For the dollars we spend at Disney, I'd rather be doing something I can't do at home. Now if you're not planning to do Sea World, or Universal and if you're not washing your hair and if you're planning to do Disney for at least a week and need a break from the parks, then I'd say plan on doing DQ for a couple of hours during the heat of one afternoon.

My teen boys like the place a lot. We always have a couple of weeks though. They spend several hours. There is typical disney food available, but you can leave and grab a pizza at chef puck's an then return.

Not just pinball and video games. There are some virtual reality (you wear the helmet), an awesome virtual reality Pirates game that we loved and the best is Cyber-Mountain. You build your own roller coaster, then get in the simulator and ride it. DS could play that all day if we let him. We spent about half a day (planned) there, and another time we went with his friend for a few hours. I enjoyed parts of it, DS was really having fun - he was 9 and 12 the times we went. Haven't been in a few years due to time constraints, but he still wants to go back to do the coaster some more.

Both days we were there it was a nice day outside, and it got more crowded as the afternoon went on, but overall wasn't too bad. I've heard rainy days it can get really busy and weekends with the locals.

Bumping. Would you recommend Disneyquest for a 4 year old little boy? He is as much of a gamer as his siblings so I am sure he would love this place, but I am concerned it is more for a tween/teen crowd from what I've read about it.

Bumping. Would you recommend Disneyquest for a 4 year old little boy? He is as much of a gamer as his siblings so I am sure he would love this place, but I am concerned it is more for a tween/teen crowd from what I've read about it.

Yes, there is a section with lots of games for little ones. :)

AntFarm said:

The best ride in the place according to mine when they were too little to ride was buzz light year. If you can deal with that you can have a ball on a slow morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter