Tell me about Disney Quest

llori7

DIS Veteran
We are going back to Disney in June. This time I decided to add on Water Parks and More for the first time. I was wondering what you could tell me about Disney Quest. We have never been there before, but my kids love playing the Wii and DSi. My boys will be 7 and 5 when we go back. Will they have fun, or is it for older kids?

Thanks!

Disney Quest is heaven for video gamers and virtual reality enthusiasts, I'm sure your boys will be able to enjoy some of the things but they might be a bit young for many also.
It is definitely worth experiencing. Give it a shot, you may enjoy as much if not more than the kids do. Make sure you do the family oriented attractions that everyone can participate in.
I haven't been in there in a year or two and I'm sure it is constantly being up dated with the latest technology.
I would also go during the day when it might be less crowded so that you can get to do more things and have shorter wait times, it can get crowded in the evenings.

Some of the better ride type games have a minimum height requirement so they might be too short to play those.It can be a challenge to keep up with the kids in all of the 5 levels.My 3 wanted to go in all different directions at the same time,lol.

We had a great time with a ten and eleven year old, but smaller kids I wouldn't bother with.

We are thinking about the WP&M option for the first tume this trip as well. I know my almost 10 year-old will love it, but is there anything for my younger son?

I thought Disney Quest was going to close down? We haven't been down for a few years, but definitely try to hit it on a down day in the afternoon. My teens love the place, but I can't stand the noise.

Sharon

We are thinking about the WP&M option for the first tume this trip as well. I know my almost 10 year-old will love it, but is there anything for my younger son?

There were height limitations on some of the "rides" but my kids loved the Create Zone.

Sharon

There are some cool and unique attractions. And then there are some lame arcade games. We like the pirates of the caribbean battle for buccaneer gold and the buzz lightyear astroblasters the best. You cant fill an entire day there but its something different to do. It gets crowded at night and when its raining. Weekends can be crowded too b/c locals tend to drop in then. Its also pretty dimly lit just like most arcades.

No other way to put it. Just hated it.
I am a gamer and I was really looking forward to it too. Never again.

Too dark, too crowded, too disorganized, really, I need to pay money to get the cartoon I just drew? Ugh.

Here's my take on it. It was ok, but not great. All the 'cool' things, like the Buzz bumper cars, and the pirate experience, and the river raft, had CRAZY long lines! I could go on better rides IN THE PARKS if I wanted to wait that long. Also, the games were mostly run-of-the-mill arcade games, and I could do that local, why pay to do it at Disney??! One AWESOME thing: If you are ANCIENT like me and remember old atari games like Asteroids, and Space Invaders....There is a whole section where they have stuff like that! Oh: the PIZZA there is to DIE FOR!! (And that's coming from a NY'er)
Honestly, I have NO INTEREST in ever going back, but glad I did it the one time.

I agree with some of the other posters, it's alright, but slightly overrated. The concept is cool, but the technology is slightly outdated. The last time I was there, they had a fun "design your own virtual rollercoaster" ride that was cool, but ridiculously long line.

My 8 year old LOVES this place. We always tend to go there for an hour or two in the middle of the day when it is not crowded. Yes, it can get extremely crowded at night...I would avoid that. We love the water parks, so we purchase the premium annual pass (which includes DQ). We first did this 3 years ago and continue to do so because my son likes DQ so much. There are LOTS of video games, but I actually think my son likes the interactive games best. the Pirates game and the cyberspace mountain are some of his favorites. It also has something for those 30-40 year old dads that grew up playing arcade games and pinball machines. There are not too many arcades that have pinball machines these days, but DQ usually sports 6-8. All in all, this is a fun place. I do think that the other poster had it right about the waiting. You MUST do this early in the day to enjoy it. It would completely ruin the experience if you had to wait in line to play these games. They have the NASCAR racing system (6 or 8 drivers racing simultaneously) and I have seen 30 people waiting in line at night. During the day on a weekday, you can pretty much walk right up and get in a race.

We will be back to DQ and WDW in 19 days!

I was woundering about this place too. Glad to hear it's so-so. Now I know we won't bother with it.

its fun to wander around and play some new fun games, and some oldies but goodies that used to be on atari :goodvibes if you are sensitive at all to virtual reality... be careful!!

i never experienced it and i have a stomach like a rock, so i figured i'd be good with it.... but Ride the Comix knocked me down for an entire day. i don't think i've ever felt that sick and dizzy for so long...that bad.

i can see that teens would LOVE it for sure. i'd go back... i just know what NOT to do, lol!

is this just for teens? or would you say adults would like this place? I have walked by it on my tips to WDW, but never went in

I personally like DQ on a limited basis. If you like video games then you would probably love DQ it takes me back to my childhood playing games at the local store with my friends since they have a large selection of very very old games as well as quite a lot of newer games.

I wouldn't say DQ is a Must Do... it something thats a fun way to pass the afternoon or evening every once in a while.

It was just so-so for us too. My 12yo really enjoyed himself, but the rest of us (DH, 5yo DS, almost 3yo DD and myself) didn't really find it that entertaining. It didn't appear to be well laid out and the rides weren't really all that great. My DH and I agreed that we had expected more from it because it was from Disney. To us the best part was the elevator ride up. We probably wouldn't do it again, but if you have the WP&M option and an extra night it's not the worst thing you could do with your time.

Here's my take on it. It was ok, but not great. All the 'cool' things, like the Buzz bumper cars, and the pirate experience, and the river raft, had CRAZY long lines! I could go on better rides IN THE PARKS if I wanted to wait that long. Also, the games were mostly run-of-the-mill arcade games, and I could do that local, why pay to do it at Disney??!
Honestly, I have NO INTEREST in ever going back, but glad I did it the one time.

Yea...that.:wizard: mostly old and boring games.....you can play better games at home on a system now....too many people.... even my gaming boys get sick of this place very quickly,we've been a couple of times, the only thing they liked was the roller coaster ride- if you are paying full price I highly recommend against it,if it's just to use up a day extra on an extra for your ticket, it's worth checking out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter