• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell Me About Disney Mix Sticks

GOOFY4DONALD

DH finished his plate at 50's Prime Time. They wer
Both of my DDs discovered these at the store the other day. They were 39.95 and the clips were 14.99. They only had 2 different clips. Is this a good price? Are these worth it? I would prefer that my DDs don't download from the computer. Are there other clips available?

TIA

I don't have any input on the MixSticks, but I wondered what you meant by "download from the computer"?

Our kids have MP3 players and they just download *on* the computer from CDs. It's not like they can access music I don't know about. This seems to be the norm for their peers as well. If that is your concern, it is easy to get around. I would probably go with an MP3 player and put music on it for them. For $70 (the player and two clips) you don't get nearly the music you could with an MP3 player and a few CDs.

the high school musical Mix stick is 20.99 on kohls.com plus you can use free shipping and a % off code. There are 2 discs too.

I got my DS the Cars one about a year and a half ago for just over $10. He likes it. We just downloaded music and I bought him one disc. He uses the downloaded music more. BTW my ds is 5yo, he may not care what he has.

IMO I wouldn't pay a lot for the mix stick. It has been out awhile and may become obsolete soon.

We have the disney mix max. It plays mix clips but also full length movies on the max clips. Check ebay first. There are usually some really good deals on the players and clips there for much less by those handy folks who pick them up at the great Target clearance sales I always seem to miss.

I bought one of the Mix Sticks last year on sale for about $20, then later Sears Online had the Mix Max on sale for $25 and I bought 2 of them. The mix stick is definitely not worth $40 to me. It has minimal room for songs, you can expand it with an SD card, but you can't choose what song you want, you can't see what's on it. Hold out for a sale on the Mix Max, you can put pictures and video on it, and you can scan your playlist and see what you want. Like PP mentioned, you can rip any CD's through Windows media player and drag the songs to the Mix Stick or MixMax, or if you don't already have the music, you can buy it online yourself, but mainly we rip existing CD's and put on the MixMax. The Mix Stick we currently just use on the treadmill for listening to music while walking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter