Tell me about Dinosaur

DVC Jen

Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks.
This is one of the few rides my family has not tried yet.

On a scale of 1-10 how intense is it? Is it a "jerky" ride or fairly smooth.

Does it compare at all to Ellens Energy Adventure?

It was a little too scary for our kids (4 & 6). Very jerky, dark, light flashes, dinosaurs roaring in your face. My kids said they never want to go on it again. They are pretty adventorous, so I am sure that will change as they get a little older.

Personally, I wasn't that crazy about it and I love thrill rides. To my recollection (I last went on it in 2002), it was pretty herky-jerky, in the dark with brief flashes of light on an animatronic dinosaur. It was a fairly intense ride (I wouldn't recommend it for young kids) but I didn't think of it as a must see. Maybe its just me.

maybe it is one we will continue to skip then. Neither I nor my two DDs are big thrill ride fans. My DH on the other hand would probably love it. It just may be one of those rides he does alone.

Thanks everyone. :)

It is VERY jerky, and VERY loud. Kind of the polar opposite of Ellen's Energy Adventure!

My 5 year old daughter really wants to go on Dinosaur. I'm afraid if we go it will really scare her. Any of you have 5 year olds that like this ride?

Asil65 said:
My 5 year old daughter really wants to go on Dinosaur. I'm afraid if we go it will really scare her. Any of you have 5 year olds that like this ride?

My DD is 5 and likes to ride it she was 4 the first time she rode. I just explained to her that it was dark, loud, and scary but she was determined to ride and I let her and now she loves it. You know your child and if she wants to ride and you think she can handle it let her.

My daughter was 6 when she tried it. She refused at age 5 when I told her it was loud, but gave it a nervous try at age 6. Got off and "Mommy, can we go AGAIN???" I suspect there are a lot of kids that age who will just freak out, though - it's *very* loud and scary and jerky. There is a large dino who gets right up close and ROARS - that's when they take your picture, so you know they're expecting good reactions. This is a great ride, but you really have to know your kid to make the decision.

we went our 1st and only time Oct 01
didnt return in 02 or 04 - and most likely wont

DS likes Ellen's and we do it every trip

I definitly agree....it all depends on your child! My DD(11) hates it!!!! On the other hand my DS(6) loves it and can go on it over and over again! I'm not crazy about it myself. Very loud, dark and a rough ride. :flower:

Im scared of the Dinosaurs at Ellens Energy Adventure (no joke.. I get palpitations.. even now after going on it about 10x!) - so i wont do dinosaur!

We were is Disney 2/11 to 2/16. I took my 4 & 6 year old nephews. I talked them into the dinasour ride I had no idea what to expect. My 6 year old nephew who has quite a large vocabulary says to me after the ride "now that you have terrifed us with that ride would you like to suggest another ride"

I didn't care for it to much either the picture they take shows the look of terror on these children

My family loves this ride but I can see why some small kids would be frightened of it. We know many kids who love it and some who don't. It all depends on the child :)

Is this the same right as 'Countdown to Extinction'...I think that was the name of the ride we went on in Animal Kingdom in 2000.

Yeah, you have to know your kid. I personally thought it was pretty cool, really fun effects, but I can see how a kid would not like it at all. There are a lot of things popping out at you and a few scary situations. I can see how a kid would love it or hate it....I think it would help if you sat down with you kid and explained what it was about.

colaz said:
Is this the same right as 'Countdown to Extinction'...I think that was the name of the ride we went on in Animal Kingdom in 2000.

Yeah, you have to know your kid. I personally thought it was pretty cool, really fun effects, but I can see how a kid would not like it at all. There are a lot of things popping out at you and a few scary situations. I can see how a kid would love it or hate it....I think it would help if you sat down with you kid and explained what it was about.

:blush: I wasn't worried about my kids they are 11 and 16. I was worried about ME. :blush:

:p

We rode it our last visit when our kids were 6 & 11 and they loved it. It is our sons favorite ride (he is now 7). He cant wait to go on it again. When we were there we had to ride it like 5 times in a row. He couldn't get enough. The real loud dinosaur is on the right side so I suggest to put the kids in the middle or left side. It is really loud and I had to keep plugging my ears which looked funny because that is where they take your picture!

Lory

I know everyone says herky jerky, loud and dark.
Are there any dips?
Is this a roller coaster?

I HATE roller coasters but have no issues with being scared in the dark, etc.
I won't do Everest, Space Mountain, etc.

This is the one ride I'm anxious on - but only because I know something jumps out at me and I anticipate it throughout the entire ride.

It is cool, a little jerky in the motion but overall a cool ride. Not recommended for little kids I think but you will know your kids best and can hopefully anticipate their reactions.

FYI -It is a lot of darkness, too.

It isn't a rollercoaster, but it is a very rough ride, in the dark, with dinos popping out and screaming at you all along the way.
My DD is 21 now and though we have gone on the ride at least 21 times, we still have never seen the photo at the end where she didn't have her head down and eyes shut. She is the same way with the graveyard in the HM.
To discribe what the roughness of the ride is like... it is rough like the Safari in AK, only even more jerky and jarring and rapid. If you have any back problems, just don't go on this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter